Rain already playing a factor in Region C

swva_havok_fan

36 minutes ago, bristol8434 said:

I just heard that Union vs Battle is now tomorrow at 2

Union High School @unionbearslive

The Football game against Battle for Round 1 of the playoffs have been changed to 2pm kickoff on Saturday November 10th. Gates will open at 12:30pm. Pre-Sale tickets will be available at freedom Chevrolet until 3pm today. #rollbearsroll #theU

great state

8 hours ago, Union's hammer said:

BigWinners, you do realize that Union is 2 towns so if they played all their games in Appalachia it should be just as good to you as the park I would watch them play in hell if need be. But people like you is what's wrong with this. Cry me river because someone mentioned playing up there would rather play there then wise. But I think big stone is a dump as well hate the layout. The park doesn't seat enough at least up in at that dump you hate you could sit on a hillside and have an excellent view. Plus you didn't have to fight for a dang seat. Thanks for showing your true Powell Valley colors. Plus Union as no home field the park is just a rental so why can't we play more up there. The field is in better shape then that 1 in middle of big stone. Unions soccer teams play all their home games up there 8th grade and jv football played up there this year.

Haha, that is hilarious is several different ways. To start, I don't know you, at all. But evidently you know me. 

it's also hilarious for you to trash the park after getting the vapors because I said I thought Riggs is a dump. Do you understand how that looks to any sane person? I guess not since you're still rambling about it. How is it okay for you, apparently an Appalachia guy, to say the park is a dump (I'm not offended in the least, I have some issues with the park as well but I believe it's a much nicer venue than Riggs and I'm positive I'm not alone in that line of thinking) because I said Riggs is a dump? 

And to your cronies, what don't I get? I never said Appalachia wasn't successful there nor did I take any shots at Appalachia fans in general. There's history there sure. But that doesn't mean the field is a great place to play. 

I get it just fine, you guys don't think Union could beat Graham on a field that is in decent shape so you wanna use gimmicks to try and win. And you guys claim I'm not a real Union fan! SMH 

I'm laughing at all this, because it's so dumb. It's that old fan thing of trying to make yourself feel better as a fan by denigrating another fan's credibility. Okay, you got me, you're a WAY bigger Union fan than I am. Do you feel better now? 

15 minutes ago, 99Bama said:

Really not sure why Graham would be mentioned at this point. We got to take care of business against Virginia High first. They're a solid team and I hope we don't over look them.

I have Graham as the Region D favorite at this point but you're right, VHS is far from a pushover.

15 minutes ago, 99Bama said:

Really not sure why Graham would be mentioned at this point. We got to take care of business against Virginia High first. They're a solid team and I hope we don't over look them.

It all started with a joke, early in the thread, about slowing down Graham's speed on a muddy field and then went off the rails. And you're right, Graham needs to take care of Va High and Union has to get by Battle...again...a week later.

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Haha, that is hilarious is several different ways. To start, I don't know you, at all. But evidently you know me. 

it's also hilarious for you to trash the park after getting the vapors because I said I thought Riggs is a dump. Do you understand how that looks to any sane person? I guess not since you're still rambling about it. How is it okay for you, apparently an Appalachia guy, to say the park is a dump (I'm not offended in the least, I have some issues with the park as well but I believe it's a much nicer venue than Riggs and I'm positive I'm not alone in that line of thinking) because I said Riggs is a dump? 

And to your cronies, what don't I get? I never said Appalachia wasn't successful there nor did I take any shots at Appalachia fans in general. There's history there sure. But that doesn't mean the field is a great place to play. 

I get it just fine, you guys don't think Union could beat Graham on a field that is in decent shape so you wanna use gimmicks to try and win. And you guys claim I'm not a real Union fan! SMH 

I'm laughing at all this, because it's so dumb. It's that old fan thing of trying to make yourself feel better as a fan by denigrating another fan's credibility. Okay, you got me, you're a WAY bigger Union fan than I am. Do you feel better now? 

Nobody is trying to denigrating your credibility it's just something's are better left unsaid. 

The post was about how good it would be to see Union come down those stairs, these kids are from big stone east stone Appalachia and all the coal camps around , and maybe Lee county too. Most of these kids had dads , uncles ect from both PV and Appalachia that played there. We should always be linked to the tradition of the past, that’s all, Riggs Stadium is not a dump no more than Cummins field is. Our kids picked the name Union to link the two schools as well as blending the two school colors into one,  I may be an old fan but that just means I have seen so much more football than you youthful guys. I am one of those guys who would rather watch a game at Lambo than at Jerry world, tradition counts, I love The Park but damn man Riggs would rock

4 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

The post was about how good it would be to see Union come down those stairs, these kids are from big stone east stone Appalachia and all the coal camps around , and maybe Lee county too. Most of these kids had dads , uncles ect from both PV and Appalachia that played there. We should always be linked to the tradition of the past, that’s all, Riggs Stadium is not a dump no more than Cummins field is. Our kids picked the name Union to link the two schools as well as blending the two school colors into one,  I may be an old fan but that just means I have seen so much more football than you youthful guys. I am one of those guys who would rather watch a game at Lambo than at Jerry world, tradition counts, I love The Park but damn man Riggs would rock

Prolly the coolest post I’ve read of yours jarhead. 

9 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

We have a former Powell Valley player who is one of my closest confidants and friends at Ridgeview.  To be fair, he said he drove by Riggs just this past week and the field looked great.

I went to a couple jv games at Riggs this season and the field looks great, the people who complain about Riggs Stadium are the reason a lot of people from Appalachia hated PV back in the day because they make comments about the town and school.

3 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I went to a couple jv games at Riggs this season and the field looks great, the people who complain about Riggs Stadium are the reason a lot of people from Appalachia hated PV back in the day because they make comments about the town and school.

A lot of small minded people in our area. I loved watching games there. 

I didn't even make a comment about the town or the school lol. I was talking about the field. 

And it was far from a one sided trash talking affair. Some of you need to take a deep breath and relax. It's not that serious. 

But I am disappointed to hear so many people who supposedly are from PV or played for PV being so quick to defend Applachia. It's one thing to tolerate those heathens for the sake of the kids and Union, but jeez going out of your way to praise them? Have some pride. The Hatfields don't revere the McCoy's! By the time I was in school, Appalachia was on their last legs and were not really rivals, but people that grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, I thought you guys of all people would understand. I'm the token progressive here, yet it's you guys acting all PC. Who woulda thought? 

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=friendly banter

13 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I didn't even make a comment about the town or the school lol. I was talking about the field. 

And it was far from a one sided trash talking affair. Some of you need to take a deep breath and relax. It's not that serious. 

But I am disappointed to hear so many people who supposedly are from PV or played for PV being so quick to defend Applachia. It's one thing to tolerate those heathens for the sake of the kids and Union, but jeez going out of your way to praise them? Have some pride. The Hatfields don't revere the McCoy's! By the time I was in school, Appalachia was on their last legs and were not really rivals, but people that grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, I thought you guys of all people would understand. I'm the token progressive here, yet it's you guys acting all PC. Who woulda thought? 

To tolerate those heathens WOW. Never said anything about the town school was talking about the field and its clearly apparent that you never did play ball anywhere and if you did you where probably the ball fluffer.  You sir would have never made the team in Appalachia and we took all 36 that came out. You are a true piece of work.

3 hours ago, BigWinners said:

So calling someone's football stadium a dump is not that big of a deal huh, thanks for letting everyone know what kind of a person you are.  

29 minutes ago, UNION#ATW said:

So everyone help me out

if we play some JV games there, How hard would it to play 1 varsity game there every year?

My son said  he would love to play in the dirt their...HECK YEA!!

It wouldn’t be hard. Very doable actually. Just need to work on some lights/scoreboard. Also take care of some basic accommodations and we are good to go 

1 minute ago, UNION#ATW said:

THANK YOU....Sir

Mabe Fundraising is a start

It would help but I honestly don’t think it’s necessary. There isn’t that much work to be done. You can always find something to do with the money though. 

Parking at Appy is very tight. But the view from the stands is great. I’d like to see the Bears get a game per year there. That way it has a home game feel for the program still. I think the soccer program uses it right?  So it is maintained some. Just a random thought from an “outsider”. 

32 minutes ago, Hhsdevils93 said:

Parking at Appy is very tight. But the view from the stands is great. I’d like to see the Bears get a game per year there. That way it has a home game feel for the program still. I think the soccer program uses it right?  So it is maintained some. Just a random thought from an “outsider”. 

Outsider ha ha ha ha