More Heartbreak for Richlands Community

Unchained

2 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

You know what the Hell you were doing.  Your first post was absurd, and it’s preposterous that you feel the need to defend it.  Regardless the reason, a young man has passed away, and it’s basic human decency to avoid taking shots at someone.  Were this my board, I’d permaban you for this.

13 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Bro you can't be that damn heartless. A 25 year old young man with all the kindness and talent in the world tragically lost his life, and instead of expressing condolences, you would rather take a cheap shot because your suck ass football team can't beat Richlands. Absolutely pathetic.

Prayers for the Richlands community and Devon's family. I met him a few times in town and up at Marshall and he was such a nice person. He would actually take time to talk to people instead of brushing them off. Another young life gone way to soon, but heaven picked up a special angel today.  

13 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Come on man. Not cool. Gman, where you at. You dropped a suspension on a guy for making a harmless, silly joke about bluefield football. This is way beyond that. 

Regardless of what people “know” or think they know, this isn’t the place to pop off at the mouth about it. I don’t know the young man or his situation. And regardless if he walked on water or stole from children, he has a family that is having to deal with his passing right now. I don’t know the details and don’t care. Not my place. I’ll pray for the family. 

Very Heartbroken to hear this about Devon. He played in our FCA Va -Tenn All Star Game at Science Hill and was such a nice young man. The best player ever to represent Va versus those Tenn guys. He scored 3 touchdowns and rushed for nearly 150 yards against Tennessee's best. He was our MVP. I followed his career at Marshall . What a great career for the Thundering Herd. Prayers for his family, friends, and the Richlands community.

Once again, to young, to early...

I had the honor of watching Devon play as a Blue, along with Austin and AJ.  They were certainly gifted and it was magical watching them with their skill level.  Devon after the game, when I would get the opportunity to speak to him, ALWAYS that smile and gracious heart were on display.  

God bring peace and comfort to this family.  

I can't imagine the profound sadness of those of you who knew Devon personally. This news breaks my heart, and I never even met the young man.  His humility and kindness were so evident, it could even overshadow his immense talent.  May God comfort you and his family in the coming days.