Richlands at Ridgeview

Hokie777

The Pizza Factory is first. They can be slow. REALLY slow. I've always had to wait, even when the order has been called in. After the Xmas parade last year, it took FOREVER. Parking is back this way just past the little bridge.

https://www.facebook.com/haysipizzafactory/

On down is Main St. P&G.  Parking is on down a couple of buildings. Ate there for the first time in quite a while last week when I met Grundy on their way to Central.  Had really good p'roni pizza and a ham/cheese sub that made we want to go back and get another.

https://www.facebook.com/mainstreetpizzeriagrill16/

AND they have other stuff, too. Meatloaf, chicken, burgers, etc.

Of course, there's a couple of good places in Vansant, too - Morgan's (the old Rainbow) and Ital. Vil., back in the shopping center.

I can very well see Ridgeview being upset here, but it has nothing to do with our out of conference schedule. The play calling is ridiculous at times. They almost refuse to pass or run Sexton most games and usually it’s Adkins up the gut 40 times a game no matter what. However Sexton did get some touches this week. If we mix up our offense we win. If not this game is very winnable for Richlands. Don’t get me wrong I like Adkins but when people can’t just key on him it will just make him and the team better. Go Pack. 

34 minutes ago, big ugly vol said:

I can very well see Ridgeview being upset here, but it has nothing to do with our out of conference schedule. The play calling is ridiculous at times. They almost refuse to pass or run Sexton most games and usually it’s Adkins up the gut 40 times a game no matter what. However Sexton did get some touches this week. If we mix up our offense we win. If not this game is very winnable for Richlands. Don’t get me wrong I like Adkins but when people can’t just key on him it will just make him and the team better. Go Pack. 

This. 150%.

I have heard that this game may be Saturday. Still trying to confirm 100%. I'm praying it's not because if it is, I won't be there. 

4 hours ago, BLUEMAG911 said:

I hope the game is on Friday. Saturday games are good but you cant get the feel of a stadiums atmosphere unless you play on Friday night. This will be my first trip to Ridgeview. Hopefully this will be the first game in a new R vs R rivalry.

I disagree. There IS NO atmosphere like Saturday football. 

45 minutes ago, big ugly vol said:

I disagree. There IS NO atmosphere like Saturday football. 

Saturday football after Thanksgiving, yes. But not in the first and 2nd rounds. 

Id advocate that all game be Friday until Thanksgiving, then start playing Saturday’s after that. 

I’m gonna go Trump on ya. WRONG!!  I played in both and always hated the Friday games. I’ve watched both as a fan and a father and always hated Friday playoffs. I’m sure there are plenty that agree with you but I just don’t see it. 

I'm a Friday convert. Playoffs on any day other than Saturday used to feel wrong, but over the last few years, I've found myself preferring Fridays. 

Last year's Graham and Appomattox games were awesome, but yesterday's with Battle seemed weird and boring.

Guest Graham WVU
17 minutes ago, 99Bama said:
29 minutes ago, G-men said:

I didnt see what you posted

Guest Graham WVU
1 minute ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Coach Mullins is supposed to announce date and time later this evening. 

Hope its Friday as well. Graham plays Saturday so definitely cant miss that

Guest Graham WVU
1 minute ago, cwood78 said:

Like you ... G -men. You may not be impressed,  but ,,The pack is better  than you  think. 

I guess we will find out his week. Good luck to both teams. would be cool to see Richlands and Graham match up for Region semis but would love to see graham and ridgeview match up and see the facilities they have down there