Richlands at Ridgeview

Hokie777

20 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

The  game changer  when UNION played RICHLANDS came when BAILEY hit JENKINS for that long touchdown.ADKINS is still growing and getting better, but SEXTON will be your star of the game ,if he is given a chance,good luck to both programs

I can't believe we agree on something for once.  If Sexton gets the carries, then I just don't see Richlands winning the game.  But as was the case with Battle and Abingdon, some games, we just don't distribute the ball to him and only the coaches can answer to that one.  Nobody has stopped the kid yet, and I don't believe anyone in 2A can.

I think this will be one of those games that will hinge on turnovers and penalties.  If Richlands don't clean up the yellow trash from last week, game over, but I think if both teams play their game it will come down to the final minutes of the game with perhaps a field goal to win.  I'm hoping and going with Richlands by 3.  Wish the best of luck to all players and everyone who is traveling, sorry to say but I have to work, but will be listening. GO BLUES!!!

5 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

The  game changer  when UNION played RICHLANDS came when BAILEY hit JENKINS for that long touchdown.ADKINS is still growing and getting better, but SEXTON will be your star of the game ,if he is given a chance,good luck to both programs

That was a big factor in the game and the Blues letting 2 Union punts roll inside the 10 yard was big in union's favor.

7 minutes ago, ojrussell said:

That was a big factor in the game and the Blues letting 2 Union punts roll inside the 10 yard was big in union's favor.

The bigger factor was Horn going out on the last play of the 1st half. 

He was doing an amazing job of setting the edge and not letting Jenkins get outside. 

The second he went out, Turner smelled the blood in the water and immediately ran Jenkins directly at Horn’s replacement. 

30 minutes ago, jonah58 said:

Don't worry snowflake it's just a prediction.  It doesn't happen just because I predict it.

Graham beat Richlands by about that much so if Ridgeview is as good as they seem to be and play a great game & Richlands doesn't anything is possible. Nothing against Ridgeview, hoping Richlands can pull out the W. 

17 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

The bigger factor was Horn going out on the last play of the 1st half. 

He was doing an amazing job of setting the edge and not letting Jenkins get outside. 

The second he went out, Turner smelled the blood in the water and immediately ran Jenkins directly at Horn’s replacement. 

I'm not sure Horn would have been enough for Richlands to win. If the refs hadn't bungled that call on the punt, it could have been 49-28.

Just now, BigWinners said:

I'm not sure Horn would have been enough for Richlands to win. If the refs hadn't bungled that call on the punt, it could have been 49-28.

That's a close game at halftime and y'all came out and Turner started running Jenkins right at Horns replacement and instead of getting 3 yards, he started getting 13 yards. It made a big difference in the 2nd half. 

Just now, Ryan4VT said:

That's a close game at halftime and y'all came out and Turner started running Jenkins right at Horns replacement and instead of getting 3 yards, he started getting 13 yards. It made a big difference in the 2nd half. 

So you're saying Richlands wins if Horn plays entire game?

Just now, BigWinners said:

So you're saying Richlands wins if Horn plays entire game?

I think they have a much better chance. 

It was a 7 point game and we had the ball win a minute to play. If you put Horn back on offense, it forces Union to cover differently than they did and maybe the pick six doesn't happen. 

But who knows. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I think they have a much better chance. 

It was a 7 point game and we had the ball win a minute to play. If you put Horn back on offense, it forces Union to cover differently than they did and maybe the pick six doesn't happen. 

But who knows. 

If the refs make the correct call, Richlands doesn't get ball back and game is iced. But that's ancient history