Richlands at Ridgeview

Hokie777

14 minutes ago, mv91 said:

I looked on Ridgeview school website.  Gates open at Noon.   

To all you guys who are going, be safe and enjoy the game, work is on for tomorrow and I cannot make the game.  Cheer the Blues onto victory and enjoy the venue, I hear its a good one.  Be careful traveling and cheer for us fans that can't make it, would love to be there.

Getting ready to head down to the smokies,  so will not be able to be at the game today.  Promised my wife weeks ago to take her down for a couple of days to do some Christmas shopping.  I would raither take a nail to an eye as to do any kind of shopping,  but a promise is a promise........I guess.  But at least I will get a good steak dinner at the Alamo........love that place !  Will be keeping an eye on the game on my phone at least.

Good luck to both teams !  Wish I was there to see the game and check out the Ridgeview facilities.  Hope everyone that goes to the game has a safe trip to and from the game and the players all have a safe & injury free game !

Go Big Blue !!

We lost another one last night. A senior this year. She was in a car wreck with 5 others in the car. Two former Blues, Landon Lowe and Cody Howie were reportedly in the car as well. Not sure specific conditions of each of them. 

I knew Destiny well. She helped out with our haunted house we do in Richlands for the last 6 years and was an amazing girl. 

Pray for our town. That’s 3 kids in 6 six weeks...

1 hour ago, Bigrhsfan said:

Getting ready to head down to the smokies,  so will not be able to be at the game today.  Promised my wife weeks ago to take her down for a couple of days to do some Christmas shopping.  I would raither take a nail to an eye as to do any kind of shopping,  but a promise is a promise........I guess.  But at least I will get a good steak dinner at the Alamo........love that place !  Will be keeping an eye on the game on my phone at least.

Good luck to both teams !  Wish I was there to see the game and check out the Ridgeview facilities.  Hope everyone that goes to the game has a safe trip to and from the game and the players all have a safe & injury free game !

Go Big Blue !!

May I suggest smoky mountain brewery....brewery ale steak!!  And dont use A1 with it....you will thank me later!

Ridgeview was one dimensional. Richlands’ D has been on fire since the Graham loss, and they did a good job of keeping 6 and 22 in check for most of the game. You knew they were going to get theirs, but you just had to stop them from constantly getting going. 

Once the 4th rolled around, RV had to pass and that’s just not their strength. 

Sexton had maybe 6-7 carries and they were all jet sweeps. I understand RV fans complaints this season. 

Coaching was a big factor. Richlands looked poised and you could tell they’ve been in these big games before.  RV seemed to panic a little bit in the 2nd half. 

Hats off to the Pack. That was a very good team that the Blues upset. Also, that was my first time on the Ridge, and that place is AMAZING. Top notch facilities. 

7 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

We lost another one last night. A senior this year. She was in a car wreck with 5 others in the car. Two former Blues, Landon Lowe and Cody Howie were reportedly in the car as well. Not sure specific conditions of each of them. 

I knew Destiny well. She helped out with our haunted house we do in Richlands for the last 6 years and was an amazing girl. 

Pray for our town. That’s 3 kids in 6 six weeks...

I just saw this on WVVA. Very very sad. Yall can't seem to catch a break. Prayers for the family and community.

Wow Ryan,  hadn't heard about that !  God Bless her family and friends !  This sounds like the year I graduated from Richlands wayyyyy back in 77.  We lost several kids that year also,  3 of them were really close friends of mine.  I so hate this so much for our community.

Rick Mullins got taken to a clinic on how the spread is supposed to be run. Richlands attacked the whole field and made the Pack defend the whole field.  Ridgeview on the other hand uses the spread to attack the first 12 inches of the field and is completely out of their element when they have to do anything else. I called it several weeks ago, having no clue who our opponent was that we would get upset in the 2nd round. Ridgeview goes nowhere in the future until they get a clue how to call an offense. Best of luck to Richlands next week. 

Several weeks ago I said Richlands would upset some during the playoffs, well for two weeks they have. They are playing inspired football , should be a great game in let’s see ....BLUES -Field  wonder if they will play Fri or Sat both teams Bluefield and Graham host

18 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Ridgeview was one dimensional. Richlands’ D has been on fire since the Graham loss, and they did a good job of keeping 6 and 22 in check for most of the game. You knew they were going to get theirs, but you just had to stop them from constantly getting going. 

Once the 4th rolled around, RV had to pass and that’s just not their strength. 

Sexton had maybe 6-7 carries and they were all jet sweeps. I understand RV fans complaints this season. 

Coaching was a big factor. Richlands looked poised and you could tell they’ve been in these big games before.  RV seemed to panic a little bit in the 2nd half. 

Hats off to the Pack. That was a very good team that the Blues upset. Also, that was my first time on the Ridge, and that place is AMAZING. Top notch facilities. 

I told y’all Richlands was going to be able to slow down that run game and Ridgeview did not have the quarterback to win a playoff game if they had to throw. Richlands seems to have a lot to play for with the tragedies the last few weeks. When you have a team that has an entire town behind them and they have great football player and they are well coached they are going to be hard to beat regardless of their play off seed.

16 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

Several weeks ago I said Richlands would upset some during the playoffs, well for two weeks they have. They are playing inspired football , should be a great game in let’s see ....BLUES -Field  wonder if they will play Fri or Sat both teams Bluefield and Graham host

Saturday at 2pm

12 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

I told y’all Richlands was going to be able to slow down that run game and Ridgeview did not have the quarterback to win a playoff game if they had to throw. Richlands seems to have a lot to play for with the tragedies the last few weeks. When you have a team that has an entire town behind them and they have great football player and they are well coached they are going to be hard to beat regardless of their play off seed.

OK before you get mad I am NOT from Ridgeview but was at the game.  Richlands D DID NOT and Could not stop Ridgeviews run.  Ridgeview ran all over Richlands.  Ridgeview just went away from the run for some unknown reason.  I do agree that the QB was not good enough to be throwing the ball as much as they did yesterday.  Ridgeview should have won by 2 td's but shot themselves in the foot twice inside the 10 with fumbles.  Adkins had over 200 yds on Richlands alone so....And who knows what Sexton would have had if they feed him the ball more.  But hats off to both programs on a great year.