Richlands at Ridgeview

Hokie777

For all the talk of bad play calling RV lost 2 fumbals inside the 5 hold onto the football and RV is hosting Graham this week.....That being said Richlands played a great game and there QBs legs was difference in the game.

As for Adkins I do not see him going anywhere but you cant stop rumers so until he suits up next season I am sure that the whispers will be heard

11 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

That stinks man. I hate to hear that. I guess he and his family have to do what they think is best for him. 

The only way I can see him leaving to play somewhere else is if he is going to get a higher level and more technical coaching & training & college ready academic schedule to get ready for what he will encounter at next level lIke a IMG. If not I would stay put at RV they have great facilities, good coaching, and talent to be pretty decent for the next 2 years.

6 minutes ago, East10Football423 said:

The only way I can see him leaving to play somewhere else is if he is going to get a higher level and more technical coaching & training & college ready academic schedule to get ready for what he will encounter at next level lIke a IMG. If not I would stay put at RV they have great facilities, good coaching, and talent to be pretty decent for the next 2 years.

I hope he stays put, but I remember the Wadsworth kid from Burton transferring to DB a few years ago to get more looks.

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

I hope he stays put, but I remember the Wadsworth kid from Burton transferring to DB a few years ago to get more looks.

He aint going anywhere.  But if he does I wish him the best.  I remember the Wadsworth kid.  His mom moved to Kingsport and he followed.  It really didn't work out for him.  If he has offers now then why would he chance it moving to a bigger different school where he may or may not get the touches he gets now.  He had 2000 yards this year in a strong conference.  These "offers" he has can go away as fast as they come so why chance it.

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Any Ridgeview fans showing up Saturday should cheer for the home team 😂 Seriously, great season Ridgeview and good luck to Blues & G-Men. 

Don't mean any disrespect to Graham, but as a Richlands fan, we have learned over the years to appreciate and support the team that knocked the Blues out of the playoffs, so if Graham wins next week, the following week we will be supporting the Gmen.  Like I have stated on the board previously, I have family ties on both Richlands and Graham, but graduated from Richalnds, so in this one I'll pull for the Blues.  Who knows, the week after I may be pulling for the Gmen. LOL

5 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

That was just an example of playoff football.  Ridgeview didn't play their best game, and Richlands did what they had to do to win.  Hats off to both teams and the sportsmanship they displayed on the field.  Didn't get tot go to the game, had to listen, but it came down to turnovers and Ridgeviews problems with tackling the running back and quarterback at crucial times.  Richlands has been in these situations and Mance has had his share of heartbreak games for calling the wrong plays at the wrong time.  I think that's what happened in this game with Ridgeview, and the playoff experience helped Richlands coaching staff.  Thanks to all you Ridgeview guys for being on this board and showing the respect.  Now you're all invited to Mitchel Stadium next Saturday to cheer for the team that won the game. Hope to see you there.

4 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Any Ridgeview fans showing up Saturday should cheer for the home team 😂 Seriously, great season Ridgeview and good luck to Blues & G-Men. 

I already saw Richlands and Graham in the regular season, I don't need to see it again.  Same story, same result.

2 hours ago, Bigtom said:

He aint going anywhere.  But if he does I wish him the best.  I remember the Wadsworth kid.  His mom moved to Kingsport and he followed.  It really didn't work out for him.  If he has offers now then why would he chance it moving to a bigger different school where he may or may not get the touches he gets now.  He had 2000 yards this year in a strong conference.  These "offers" he has can go away as fast as they come so why chance it.

Wadsworth is a beast on the basketball court.  Saw him play last week, I was impressed.

1 minute ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Wadsworth is a beast on the basketball court.  Saw him play last week, I was impressed.

Refering to his brother Savon who transferred to DB about 3 yrs ago from Burton.  He was a Beast on the gridiron at Burton but just another player at DB.

18 hours ago, East10Football423 said:

Havok  where is he supposed  to be going to play at in NETN?

14 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

Where , I hope it’s not DB , Greenville is much better

4 hours ago, Counts said:

For all the talk of bad play calling RV lost 2 fumbals inside the 5 hold onto the football and RV is hosting Graham this week.....That being said Richlands played a great game and there QBs legs was difference in the game.

As for Adkins I do not see him going anywhere but you cant stop rumers so until he suits up next season I am sure that the whispers will be heard

I wasn't at the game, but was told this via DM on Twitter.  I think he has family in Jonesborough, from what I was told, so I was thinking Crockett.

I never saw the Wadsworth kid from Norton as being that good. Never understood him leaving to go showcase himself somewhere else. I know they talked about him a lot, but when we played them I never saw it. No offense to anybody just my opinion. 

The fumbles killed Ridgeview being in the Red Zone. Losing 2 of their best players to injury in the 1st quarter hurt a bunch also. Congrats to Richlands. Think the 1st drive of 98 yds set the tone for the game. Qb of Richlands had a heck of a game. Think the next game against Graham will be closer.. I'm picking an upset! Richlands 28-27! 

17 minutes ago, big ugly vol said:

I never saw the Wadsworth kid from Norton as being that good. Never understood him leaving to go showcase himself somewhere else. I know they talked about him a lot, but when we played them I never saw it. No offense to anybody just my opinion. 

Wadsworth was just a genetic freak really big and really fast but not a great football player fundamentally.  

2 minutes ago, Hokie777 said:

The fumbles killed Ridgeview being in the Red Zone. Losing 2 of their best players to injury in the 1st quarter hurt a bunch also. Congrats to Richlands. Think the 1st drive of 98 yds set the tone for the game. Qb of Richlands had a heck of a game. Think the next game against Graham will be closer.. I'm picking an upset! Richlands 28-27! 

Loseing 2, 2 way startes in the 1st 6 mins of the game did not help that is for sure.

IMHO RV was really tring to play Pass D early and could not contain the QB when he would tuck it and run.

12 minutes ago, Counts said:

Same rumors went around last season after the season. 

The right person hasn't got to him yet. He is good but if IMG or one of the others comes calling, you have to consider it. If he can better himself by going to DB, Science Hill, Greeneville or even Crockett he has to at least give it a listen. 

2 minutes ago, SXSW said:

The right person hasn't got to him yet. He is good but if IMG or one of the others comes calling, you have to consider it. If he can better himself by going to DB, Science Hill, Greeneville or even Crockett he has to at least give it a listen. 

Why would he have to give it a listen?   No reason for him to go anywhere.  What would have happened if the Jones boys left PV and went say to DB or somewhere and didn't get the touches they got at PV then who knows maybe they would have not went on to UVA or ND.  Now before you say the Jones boys would have been able to play anywhere and you would be right.  I am just using them as an example.  No reason to leave where you are at if you have offers on the table now.  No other school can offer anything any different than what he has now.  But if they can and he can better himself then by all means go for it.  But whats the old saying?  Grass aint greener

1 hour ago, Bigtom said:

Why would he have to give it a listen?   No reason for him to go anywhere.  What would have happened if the Jones boys left PV and went say to DB or somewhere and didn't get the touches they got at PV then who knows maybe they would have not went on to UVA or ND.  Now before you say the Jones boys would have been able to play anywhere and you would be right.  I am just using them as an example.  No reason to leave where you are at if you have offers on the table now.  No other school can offer anything any different than what he has now.  But if they can and he can better himself then by all means go for it.  But whats the old saying?  Grass aint greener

Times are different now, in a age of specialization there are literal "football factory" schools. You are telling me that if it was your son and IMG called a said we have a place for you, you would turn it down. 

9 minutes ago, SXSW said:

Times are different now, in a age of specialization there are literal "football factory" schools. You are telling me that if it was your son and IMG called a said we have a place for you, you would turn it down. 

"football factory" schools? DB/Crockett.....not sure I would be calling them that LOL

2 minutes ago, Counts said:

"football factory" schools? DB/Crockett.....not sure I would be calling them that LOL

Not talking about DB or anyone else around here.....DB is the most overrated sports program in the history of Tennessee High School sports. And Crockett does recruit there two star players are from Texas, who followed Sensabaugh here and every other kid from Science Hill who doesn't like that situation there. I am talking about IMG and schools like that.

2 hours ago, SXSW said:

6 minutes ago, SXSW said:

Not talking about DB or anyone else around here.....DB is the most overrated sports program in the history of Tennessee High School sports. And Crockett does recruit there two star players are from Texas, who followed Sensabaugh here and every other kid from Science Hill who doesn't like that situation there. I am talking about IMG and schools like that.

This is exactly what you said

25 minutes ago, SXSW said:

YES that is what I am telling you.

15 hours ago, Bigtom said:

YES that is what I am telling you.

I wish Ridgeview and Mr. Atkins nothing but success! But if the kid decides to transfer, you should look back with pride and enjoyment that you got to see him play. Kids now have options and if he chooses to take those options and leave you should harbor no ill will towards him or his family. If he does transfer I hope for Ridgeviews sake that it is out of the area and not to say some place like Union or Heaven Forbid.............Richlands! LOL! ( you talk about a thread that would rival the Akers thread that refuses to die, that may get us the through the long cold winter ahead if that happens) Kids from Southwest Virginia can make to the pro's there are multiple examples of it and rumors floated around about a certain Georgetown freshman basketball player leaving but never did. Like I said at the start of the post I wish him and Ridgeview nothing but the best, but don't be shocked if it happens.

30 minutes ago, SXSW said:

I wish Ridgeview and Mr. Atkins nothing but success! But if the kid decides to transfer, you should look back with pride and enjoyment that you got to see him play. Kids now have options and if he chooses to take those options and leave you should harbor no ill will towards him or his family. If he does transfer I hope for Ridgeviews sake that it is out of the area and not to say some place like Union or Heaven Forbid.............Richlands! LOL! ( you talk about a thread that would rival the Akers thread that refuses to die, that may get us the through the long cold winter ahead if that happens) Kids from Southwest Virginia can make to the pro's there are multiple examples of it and rumors floated around about a certain Georgetown freshman basketball player leaving but never did. Like I said at the start of the post I wish him and Ridgeview nothing but the best, but don't be shocked if it happens.

I dare say Richlands is the last place on his mind to transfer 😂 it would take more than a field house tour to get him there. If they throw in a place to live and jobs for his parents, a car to drive, he might bite, not that any of those things have ever been done 😂.  Seriously, hope he stays put but if not, wish him the best. I hope Ridgeview folks would harbor no ill feelings either toward him. I don't think anyone at Richlands has been that way toward Booker kid that went back to Graham this year. I would like to think Ridgeview wouldn't toward him. 

55 minutes ago, SXSW said:

I as well wish everyone nothing but happiness.  Like I said I don't have a dog in this race.  Heck id like to see him come to Central but at last I don't see that happening..  All im saying is if it is a have to move due to work or something like that I could see it.  But if not then its not worth it to transfer because I don't see him getting any more looks than what he is getting now.