31 year streak broken

SWVAgridiron

Everyone knows the rollercoaster of a season that Giles had this year. Low numbers, multiple injuries, young athletes, too much team drama and a senior class that didn’t show much leadership. Tonight’s loss put Giles at 5-6, making it the first losing season the Spartans have had since 1987. 

I am struggling to process all this, which I guess is normal being a spoiled ass fan and expecting my team to win 8+ games a year....but I’m excited for the years to come as I envision Giles will become a threat once again! I will spend the next 4 weeks bouncing around from county to county to watch everyone else that’s left!

10 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Everyone knows the rollercoaster of a season that Giles had this year. Low numbers, multiple injuries, young athletes, too much team drama and a senior class that didn’t show much leadership. Tonight’s loss put Giles at 5-6, making it the first losing season the Spartans have had since 1987. 

I am struggling to process all this, which I guess is normal being a spoiled ass fan and expecting my team to win 8+ games a year....but I’m excited for the years to come as I envision Giles will become a threat once again! I will spend the next 4 weeks bouncing around from county to county to watch everyone else that’s left!

Agree 100% on everything you said

11 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Have always looked at the Giles program with admiration. I’m sure they will bounce back strong next season.