Graham vs Union

Gridiron60

I’ve been waiting for this tread to take this turn. How no one can match Graham’s speed. No one can match up with them. Their top players are better than every other teams. I’m sorry guys. But didn’t y’all sing this song last year?  Until y’all win something, stop claiming titles in early November. This may be the year y’all take down Union. May be the year y’all overcome the Bullitt hump. But I think Turner is still the better coach. I’m prolly gonna get the hammer dropped on me for speaking badly about graham. But up is up. Graham wins Saturday, then I will tip my cap. But I’m still not so sure the Region D is a lock for y’all.  One game at a time. Union is still the Region D champs. They still own Graham’s butt until y’all take it back. Once again, good luck to both teams and safe travels. 

51 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

I have heard how Sorry Union is , how Graham is going to score whenever they want , I guess by halftime the cheerleaders will be playing. I call bullsh&@ , Union has won 9 games this year, no one has given us nothing, I heard the same line last year “there is no way a one dimensional team like Union will beat Graham” well they did. This is a different team with many many new faces. Does Graham have a great team????, at the first of the year we heard how bad they were. by their fans.  

We have a tough game but everyone knew that the championship for D would have Graham envolved . So let’s Quit bitching about the fact we don’t run the spread and throw every down , we areUnion and we run the Rock, we will hit you in the mouth, and we have faced MW of Tennessee and they threw a lot (thank God for those penalties)My point is this , this team reminds me so much of the 1982 Powell Valley championship team , full of no names , no superstars, just kids going to work everyday , and yes these kids have seen this board because I have spoken to several

That’s a fan.  ⬆️

48 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

I have heard how Sorry Union is , how Graham is going to score whenever they want , I guess by halftime the cheerleaders will be playing. I call bullsh&@ , Union has won 9 games this year, no one has given us nothing, I heard the same line last year “there is no way a one dimensional team like Union will beat Graham” well they did. This is a different team with many many new faces. Does Graham have a great team????, at the first of the year we heard how bad they were. by their fans.  

We have a tough game but everyone knew that the championship for D would have Graham envolved . So let’s Quit bitching about the fact we don’t run the spread and throw every down , we areUnion and we run the Rock, we will hit you in the mouth, and we have faced MW of Tennessee and they threw a lot (thank God for those penalties)My point is this , this team reminds me so much of the 1982 Powell Valley championship team , full of no names , no superstars, just kids going to work everyday , and yes these kids have seen this board because I have spoken to several

Nobody is disparaging the players. Just pointing out obvious realities. Those realities can be overcome with the right gameplan. Every team has its weakness. Hopefully, we'll be prepared to exploit Graham's. 

Go Bears!

5 minutes ago, Hhsdevils93 said:

I’ve been waiting for this tread to take this turn. How no one can match Graham’s speed. No one can match up with them. Their top players are better than every other teams. I’m sorry guys. But didn’t y’all sing this song last year?  Until y’all win something, stop claiming titles in early November. This may be the year y’all take down Union. May be the year y’all overcome the Bullitt hump. But I think Turner is still the better coach. I’m prolly gonna get the hammer dropped on me for speaking badly about graham. But up is up. Graham wins Saturday, then I will tip my cap. But I’m still not so sure the Region D is a lock for y’all.  One game at a time. Union is still the Region D champs. They still own Graham’s butt until y’all take it back. Once again, good luck to both teams and safe travels. 

There has been only one "Graham fan" to speak somewhat boastful about Graham. If you notice they joined the board today. So take it with a grain of salt. The diehard Union fans have all given a fair assessment of their team. It's the 2nd round of the playoffs, no team is exactly a dumpster fire at this point. May the best team win!

I think Graham has way too much speed for Union. While Union has the advantages up front I don’t think the gap is near what it has been in past years. No disrespect to Union but James Mitchell is not going to step foot on that field and Graham will have the best 3 players on the field. Graham defense is a hard hitting bunch, their backers fly around very well and the secondary has 22 ints on the year (in the regular season) and when they do pick the ball off they are looking to score. If Union can shorten the game they have a chance. They also have the advantage of the worst possible visitors dressing situation I have ever seen so that may help. With that being said Graham has proved this year they are not afraid of a helmet with the way they handled the all mighty Richlands I think this is a theme of the season. Graham by 3 scores.

Here’s something for all you graham fans. 

@GMan @EH31 @Gridiron60 And all of the others. 

A few of us will be having a big campout starting friday night At the park. Fire pit, food, games, etc. Saturday when you all get there please come over and say hello for a bit. It would be fun to attach some faces to names. 

3 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Here’s something for all you graham fans. 

@GMan @EH31 @Gridiron60 And all of the others. 

A few of us will be having a big campout starting friday night At the park. Fire pit, food, games, etc. Saturday when you all get there please come over and say hello for a bit. It would be fun to attach some faces to names. 

Brilliant idea. I’d love to get to know some of you guys. I’ll be at the game at the Union fire pit per invite. May even camp out with those crazy guys if they do it again this year. 

4 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

I think Graham has way too much speed for Union. While Union has the advantages up front I don’t think the gap is near what it has been in past years. No disrespect to Union but James Mitchell is not going to step foot on that field and Graham will have the best 3 players on the field. Graham defense is a hard hitting bunch, their backers fly around very well and the secondary has 22 ints on the year (in the regular season) and when they do pick the ball off they are looking to score. If Union can shorten the game they have a chance. They also have the advantage of the worst possible visitors dressing situation I have ever seen so that may help. With that being said Graham has proved this year they are not afraid of a helmet with the way they handled the all mighty Richlands I think this is a theme of the season. Graham by 3 scores.

⬆️ Truth 

4 minutes ago, Hhsdevils93 said:

Brilliant idea. I’d love to get to know some of you guys. I’ll be at the game at the Union fire pit per invite. May even camp out with those crazy guys if they do it again this year. 

Come on down! We welcome anyone!

Said the same thing last year to much speed and had the best 3 players on the field uh very interesting. I agree with the visiting locker room thou it's a shame maybe 1 of you Graham fans could talk to big winners about that and his beloved park 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Just wondering why Richlands was pulled into this thread as the "all mighty Richlands". Don't think I have seen a Richlands fan call the Blues all mighty on this thread this year. They are in a down cycle starting last year but are still playing well. They don't have the talent that other teams do so some teams are getting a little payback for the past 10-15 years. Its going to happen no matter who the team is. Please lets keep this thread all about Union and Graham. Go to the Ridgeview/Richlands thread to discuss them.

8 minutes ago, BLUEMAG911 said:

Just wondering why Richlands was pulled into this thread as the "all mighty Richlands". Don't think I have seen a Richlands fan call the Blues all mighty on this thread this year. They are in a down cycle starting last year but are still playing well. They don't have the talent that other teams do so some teams are getting a little payback for the past 10-15 years. Its going to happen no matter who the team is. Please lets keep this thread all about Union and Graham. Go to the Ridgeview/Richlands thread to discuss them.

It’s a sad case of kicking a top notch program while they are down. Sounds like that are bragging about the law of averages kicking in too😂. Nothing but respect for the Richlands program from this fan. Good luck Saturday. I know there are few other teams glad they don’t have to play y’all Saturday. 

14 minutes ago, BLUEMAG911 said:

No sure why that was said about the "all mighty Richlands"  but with former Richlands Defensive Coordinator of many years now at Graham and Graham's defense really coming together lately, Richlands could come up in any thread about Graham even this one. With that said, good luck! Hope you all win. 

18 minutes ago, Union's hammer said:

Said the same thing last year to much speed and had the best 3 players on the field uh very interesting. I agree with the visiting locker room thou it's a shame maybe 1 of you Graham fans could talk to big winners about that and his beloved park 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I'd rather have a shitty dressing room over getting gangrene from something on the field at Riggs. I also don't have a stroke if someone else doesn't care for the Park 😕

I think it's pretty clear that Graham has improved from last season while Union isn't quite the team this season that they were in the past, and while last year's team was a run-oriented attack, it also had a D1 athlete taking the snap. 

If people think this Union team can win a state title with zero threat to throw the ball, you're sipping the Kool Aid. Everyone saw what happened when Abingdon stacked the box, Union really struggled to move the ball. Conditions should be better this week so if Graham goes with 11 players near the LOS, Union could have a chance to make them pay. But with Unions style of play, they can't afford to get down more than one score or give up big plays on defense. Execution will be a huge factor, Grahams high powered offense can maybe overcome one or two turnovers, Union doesn't have that luxury. 

Union will have an advantage at the LOS and will need to get in Allen's face early and often and try and force mistakes on defense and control the clock on offense with long drives punctuated by touchdowns. 

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Hope you're correct but wasn't much of a home crowd yesterday. Guess we can chalk that up to cold temps. 

I've only been to 4 home games this year and fan support has been seriously lacking.

Just now, Union's hammer said:

Can't get gangrene on the sideline being a bench warmer or in the stands.🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Or if the field was maintained in the least, but hey what do I know. 

6 minutes ago, Union's hammer said:

You know what goes good with milk Graham crackers just saying

I believe it's still Bear hunting season in our great state. 😂 Maybe GMen will bag one if not, y'all might be having some Graham cracker smores by your fire pit to celebrate after the game. 

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

I believe it's still Bear hunting season in our great state. 😂 Maybe GMen will bag one if not, y'all might be having some Graham cracker smores by your fire pit to celebrate after the game. 

..... well played.