Graham vs Union

Gridiron60

If I was union is fight tooth and nail to keep right there on bsg.....no way would I want to play Graham on the ...if ya earn the right to play home then that's where it should be unless its so bad that safety is the concern...but union should get to pick where they want it moved

7 minutes ago, Comegetsum said:

I’ve heard game site could possibly be changed.  Field conditions 

They ain't moving this game anywhere trust me. Its suppose to rain until early Friday then turn pretty good in the gap. Get ready to play in the mud.

High school programs should not be playing on turf anyway. Play on natural surface until college. I prefer natural turf. I get that the upkeep is quick and simple with turf. And many programs have been blessed with it. But seems like it’s making people lose their mind if they have to play a big game on less than turf conditions. 

13 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

The field is fine , better than most fields at the first of the year. I was out there after the game and there are a spot or two where the grass is thin but we will use turf builder there. We are thinking about getting some snow makers for Sat. have to slow ole Cam down

We don't need snowmakers we have a hard enough time hanging onto the ball in just rain

35 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I don't see any way the game is moved unless something crazy happens. The park drains well and unless it's absolutely a disaster, there's no way Union agrees to move the game.

I'm not sure Union has to agree if VHSL chooses to move it. 

12 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I'm not sure Union has to agree if VHSL chooses to move it. 

How could the VHSL justify moving the game when they allowed some of the games last week? Unless the park somehow becomes horrendous, on what grounds could they move the game?

12 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

How could the VHSL justify moving the game when they allowed some of the games last week? Unless the park somehow becomes horrendous, on what grounds could they move the game?

I didn't say they had grounds. I have no clue what shape the field is in or will be on Saturday. I was just commenting that I didn't think Union had to agree. Appo and Glenvar was moved. I doubt any field conditions could be worse than what they were at Marion when Graham played them. 

If I read the VHSL Handbook correctly, it is up to each region to determine alternate sites, before the playoffs even begin, in the event of inclement weather or poor field conditions. It does not say what criteria is used to determine "poor" condition. It would also appear that the VHSL doesn't get involved until the semifinals as there is no mention of field conditions until that section. I guess this leaves the regional committees to sort out any disputes. 

Based on what I saw of the field after the Battle game, it doesn't remotely come close to arising to the level of "poor". Especially, when comparing to the fields at Burton, Battle or Marion that I saw pictures of. 

8 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

If I read the VHSL Handbook correctly, it is up to each region to determine alternate sites, before the playoffs even begin, in the event of inclement weather or poor field conditions. It does not say what criteria is used to determine "poor" condition. It would also appear that the VHSL doesn't get involved until the semifinals as there is no mention of field conditions until that section. I guess this leaves the regional committees to sort out any disputes. 

Based on what I saw of the field after the Battle game, it doesn't remotely come close to arising to the level of "poor". Especially, when comparing to the fields at Burton, Battle or Marion that I saw pictures of. 

Do not know about the other two but the marion game was a regular season game and not a playoff so vhsl would not have a say in moving it i would think

Graham by 200, according to this thread they might as well not even play the game!!!! Some people make this forum very fun and interesting to read and some make it horrible to read. Union is not the same team as last year and everybody know that, Graham is much improved, gonna be a tough game for the Bears. Good Luck to both teams and I hope both teams play injury free football and whoever wins I'll be pulling for them in weeks to come!!!

44 minutes ago, ghs73 said:

Do not know about the other two but the marion game was a regular season game and not a playoff so vhsl would not have a say in moving it i would think

True. I was only comparing field conditions in general to point out that Bullitt isn't even close to being in bad shape. Burtons was a playoff game, and from the article, their coach tried to get it moved to UVA-Wise unsuccessfully. I truly don't think the field will be a factor at all. Didn't see anybody slipslidin' around, and Jenkins(who depends on good footing) was able to hit the corner several times. Something he wasn't able to consistently do against Abingdon or Battle the week before.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:59 PM, Guest Graham WVU said:

Honestly no. Went to the Abingdon game and RV did not impress me none. that was first game that they have been tested by all season and there next will be this week with richlands, I put those 2 on the same level.

Well Ridgeview spanked us twice this year and Honestly Graham hasn't really played anyone with the exception of Bluefield and Richlands though the Richlands game was under different circumstances.  Lets see beat a 2-8 Tazwell team, 5-6 Giles team, beat us 44-10, A 1-9 Princeton team, 2-8 Lebanon, 5-6 VA High team, Then Richlands quality win, 5-6 Ft Chiswell, 4-6 Marion   35/60 record so NO YOU ALL HAVENT REALLY PLAYED ANYONE not to down any program listed but just trying to show everyone that they haven't played a strong schedule as Guest Graham WVU would have everyone think

28 minutes ago, Bigtom said:

Well Ridgeview spanked us twice this year and Honestly Graham hasn't really played anyone with the exception of Bluefield and Richlands though the Richlands game was under different circumstances.  Lets see beat a 2-8 Tazwell team, 5-6 Giles team, beat us 44-10, A 1-9 Princeton team, 2-8 Lebanon, 5-6 VA High team, Then Richlands quality win, 5-6 Ft Chiswell, 4-6 Marion   35/60 record so NO YOU ALL HAVENT REALLY PLAYED ANYONE not to down any program listed but just trying to show everyone that they haven't played a strong schedule as Guest Graham WVU would have everyone think

Ok if you ar going to list records of grahams opponents please list those of the rest of the teams left in our region in the playoffs also.rv, union richlands ect.be fair

37 minutes ago, SXSW said:

Union's arrogance is only rivaled on this board by Gate City fans....just saying

If you're referring to BigTom, he isn't a Union poster. And I don't know who else you could be referencing since all but one or 2 of us have already said that Graham is the better team and will probably win.

11 minutes ago, ghs73 said:

Ok if you ar going to list records of grahams opponents please list those of the rest of the teams left in our region in the playoffs also.rv, union richlands ect.be fair

OK  UNION

Beat JI Burton  9-2

Beat Richlands 7-4

Beat Letcher Central 5-6

Loss to Ridgeview 10-1

Beat gate City 1-9

Beat MTW 3-7

Beat Lee 2-8

Beat Central 4-7

Loss Abingdon 9-2Beat Battle 5-6

6 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

If you're referring to BigTom, he isn't a Union poster. And I don't know who else you could be referencing since all but one or 2 of us have already said that Graham is the better team and will probably win.

Correct I am from Wise