Graham vs Union

Gridiron60

The SWD being unexpectedly bottom-heavy torpedoed Graham’s SOS.  Can’t really avoid Lebanon, Marion, Tazewell, VHS.  Richlands was down in comparison to what Richlands usually is.  Giles had their worst season in 31 years, so that’s not fair to pin on Graham.  Even so, Central and Fort Chiswell were 2A playoff teams.

The only two I really have issue with are Princeton and Central.  Princeton especially is a point anchor.  Could have easily picked up another school to avoid that point hemorrhage.

14 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

My post was about why Graham is traveling.  Not Richlands.  This is the Graham Union thread right? Sasquatches dont use logic.

Then do not use them in your post

19 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

The SWD being unexpectedly bottom-heavy torpedoed Graham’s SOS.  Can’t really avoid Lebanon, Marion, Tazewell, VHS.  Richlands was down in comparison to what Richlands usually is.  Giles had their worst season in 31 years, so that’s not fair to pin on Graham.  Even so, Central and Fort Chiswell were 2A playoff teams.

The only two I really have issue with are Princeton and Central.  Princeton especially is a point anchor.  Could have easily picked up another school to avoid that point hemorrhage.

1 or 2 extra wins by either of those teams and we might have been at home

17 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Same could be said about the Mountain 7 with Gate City collapsing. Who you pick up out of district really helps down the road. Richlands, Giles and Union got the memo. No eastsides or Princetons on their schedule. Central was 4-6 this year. Best record they’ve had in years. Not sure who graham dropped next year, but they did pick up Union. Respect. Union dropped Morristown west. Picked up science Hill. Big set on Turner!

Just now, Hhsdevils93 said:

I think what he is getting at is that is why Union out pointed graham. 

Oh i know but we all know that that teams still have to win to get in. But by his logic rhs would be not traveling and i hurt his feelings by pointing it out so i will ask the g man to ban me. I have been here for many years  to nany to remember and try not to be controversial or mean to anyone nor do i post very much but will take my punishment for being mean.

11 minutes ago, Hhsdevils93 said:

I think what he is getting at is that is why Union out pointed graham. 

My point also was there is more to it than to just the overall win loss of your opponents if you just took that into account by what he was just showing and i was pointing out to him rhs has a better win loss record than everyone so then by his logic should be home. But we all know way more than that and that was what i was getting to show him not to use that as bvb the only reason ghs was traveling.

17 minutes ago, bgibb said:

If all of these posts don't show why Graham and Union should play in the regular season every year, I don't know what will lol

Richlands & Ridgeview really need to pick it up on the other thread. They're lagging 😂 Glad Union & Graham will play regular season next year, definitely needed. 

6 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Richlands & Ridgeview really need to pick it up on the other thread. They're lagging 😂 Glad Union & Graham will play regular season next year, definitely needed. 

I do remember some big threads of Union vs Richlands in the pass year's

26 minutes ago, UNION#ATW said:

What does people think about UNIONS running game against front 7 or 8 of Graham?

Me..#43 and #24 are big WORK HORSES

Graham's defense struggled at the beginning of the season. As the season has progressed they seem to be clicking on all cylinders. They all seem to get to the ball fast and tackling isn't an issue. I don't know much about the two running backs that Union has or their offensive line to say one way or the other as to which team has the edge. 

#34 for Graham is a lot of fun to watch. He's small but he absolutely works his tail off. Kid gives 110% EVERY SINGLE PLAY no matter what. They rotate him in and out on defense throughout the game. Kids like him is what HS football is all about. Dedicated and very much a hard worker.

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

If Graham had picked up a decent (5-5 or so) 2A school instead of Princeton, I can't imagine 8-2 Union outpoints them for the two seed.