Graham vs Union

Gridiron60

39 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Very good game. Graham has definitely improved on D. They were the better team and the outcome is about what I expected. Union had their chances to keep the score closer and blew them. Graham had their chances to turn this into a blowout and didn't capitalize. 

Good luck Graham going forward.  And for Pete's sake,  someone beat Appomattox.  Lol

If Graham and Appomattox win then I am driving from here in Roanoke to Appomattox and will be a Graham fan for a day. 

11 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

What does the McDonald's thing mean I heard the players hollering it and we had no clue what they were talking about

If you go back a couple pages on this topic you will see the video of Union coaches “hype” video saying Graham’s uniforms look like McDonalds 

Pretty much summed up Unions year. The defense gave them chances to be in the game, and when you really dive into it, if Union had ANY offense going whatsoever they have a chance to make it interesting. But the offense was nowhere to be found. The frustrating part is that everyone knows why the offense was so bad this season, yet nothing was done to change it. 

Cam Allen was impressive. Took the crazy environment and really handled it well. Good luck to the Gmen. 

Union has a lot of very exciting things to look forward to next year. Roll Bears Roll. 

7 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

I need your name son, you must be crazy , I need to get you evaluated and get you one of those long sleeved shirts that tie in the back....cause yuuuzzz crazy

Don’t look to crazy now do I ????🏈

Agree with above, this game summed up the Bears season. To many mistakes and way to one dimensional on offense. IMO the difference was Graham up front on D. They pretty much dominated our O line. On the rare occasions we did try to pass Turner wouldn’t turn it lose quick enough and they got good pressure. Other than Jenkins’ big run I bet Union didn’t have 100 yds of offense. It’s hard to watch when the offensive play calling is so predictable at this point in the season. I think this team overachieved a little this season and that’s a testament to the kids. This senior class has won a lot of games and are a good bunch of kids. Another season that a lot of teams would give anything for but it always feels a little disappointing. 

2 minutes ago, 99Bama said:

Question for the Union folks. What is the view from the scenic overlook? Last time I was down there it was dark and obviously didn't see it. All I can say is...Wow! I guess that would be Rt. 58.

The view you see is “Powell Valley”. Definitely one of the most scenic places around, we locals take it for granted but it’s beautiful. 

7 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

I was really disappointed with the attendance at the Battle at Union playoff game.  What has happened?

The Battle game last week was the worst Union crowd I’ve seen in 8 years. This week was better but still not the norm. It all started after the Abington loss. A lot of fair weather fans and honestly a lot of fans that come to games to be social rather than be fans. 

2 hours ago, bgibb said:

If you go back a couple pages on this topic you will see the video of Union coaches “hype” video saying Graham’s uniforms look like McDonalds 

I'm sure those guys thought it was cool, but in my opinion, it only served as bulletin board material for the G-men.