Burton at Patrick Henry

#BBN

Well I’m going with the PH on this one. Burtons defense will struggle to contain Brown, he is very elusive, has speed and strength. Thacker will pass the ball a lot and PH will have their hands full with that. Will be a good game no doubt. Holston gave Burton all they wanted during the first half today, with one of their starters benched. That final score is no indication of that mud bowl game. PH-33 Burton-31. 

I also think it will be a barn burner. I don't think Burton can stop PH's RBs. I think PH will have a lot of problems slowing down Thacker's passing game. All in all I think PH will head to the Region D Championship.

PH 42 JI Burton 34

16 hours ago, CHS90 said:

I also think it will be a barn burner. I don't think Burton can stop PH's RBs. I think PH will have a lot of problems slowing down Thacker's passing game. All in all I think PH will head to the Region D Championship.

PH 42 JI Burton 34

42 points with there running game? You can't be serious. Burton is young but talented I just don't see PH putting up 42 with the offense they run.

8 minutes ago, Michael_389 said:

42 points with there running game? You can't be serious. Burton is young but talented I just don't see PH putting up 42 with the offense they run.

They’ve averaged right at that many ppg with their running game all season. 

2 minutes ago, Smyhcounty said:

Yes the same John Battle defense that held Union to 12. Burton will struggle to contain Brown and the other back. 

They may, but 42 point on the ground against Burton's defense I just don't see it. Have you seen Burton play or just on paper?

Just now, Michael_389 said:

They may, but 42 point on the ground against Burton's defense I just don't see it. Have you seen Burton play or just on paper?

I saw Burton play earlier in the season and their defense would be no match for PH.  I know they’ve improved but so has everyone else. 42 is a lot I give you that, I say PH-33 Burton-31. 

8 minutes ago, Smyhcounty said:

I saw Burton play earlier in the season and their defense would be no match for PH.  I know they’ve improved but so has everyone else. 42 is a lot I give you that, I say PH-33 Burton-31. 

We'll see, you got me pumped for this game. I have Burton 14+.

1 hour ago, Michael_389 said:

42 may be just a little off but I think it will be close to that, give or take a couple of points. Midway through the season Grundy hung 31 points on Burton. PH put 23 points on the board against Chilhowie and Chilhowie has a stout D even without the 2 starters they were missing. I think PH's back field is a bit better than Grundy as far as the running backs. Burton is talented and has grown up since the beginning of the season. I just think PH will wear down the D. Just my opinion.

I have not seen Burton play but I know PH is pretty solid upfront on the offensive line. When you have the ability to move people against their will especially in a cold playoff that goes a long way in getting a win. I know PH is far from stout on defense but it’s hard to consistently throw the ball in the cold I would go PH by 2 scores

46 minutes ago, jonah58 said:

PH is way better than Grundy, and Grundy ran at will on Burton.

Coming from a Wise guy lol. Eastside put up 46 on PH. And Twin Spring put up 24. If you wanna call what other teams did. Where young like Central just more athletic. It'll be a good one.

13 hours ago, Michael_389 said:

Coming from a Wise guy lol. Eastside put up 46 on PH. And Twin Spring put up 24. If you wanna call what other teams did. Where young like Central just more athletic. It'll be a good one.

You said they couldn't run on burton. I said grundy did, and ph is better than grundy. Never said anything about wise.

PH wins. Coach vs coach. Palmer wins that hands down. He’s a better coach than Adams thinks himself to be. Plus, I can’t stand jv burton (no, that’s not a typo lol). On a serious note, with PH pounding the rock, makes it hard for Thacker to be on the field throwing it around a lot. 

2 hours ago, Hhsdevils93 said:

PH wins. Coach vs coach. Palmer wins that hands down. He’s a better coach than Adams thinks himself to be. Plus, I can’t stand jv burton (no, that’s not a typo lol). On a serious note, with PH pounding the rock, makes it hard for Thacker to be on the field throwing it around a lot. 

Dang bro you mad. What's J.I.Burton done to you? I agree Palmer is a better coach. He has what all those Region D championships and been to state 4 or 5 times. Of course Palmer would better. Holston is always around the top come playoff. Love you bro.

Nope. No mad pal. If we all liked the same team, what fun would game day be😂. Jumbo witheld scholarship offers from a former player of his. The kid didn’t find out until he played against the team that sent the offer to jimbo but never was given to the kid. The guy is a prick. Too worried about making his own kid look good at better players expense. And if ur a true jib fan, you already know this. Not hating, just spitting the truth. Once again, I’m hoping for a clean and injury free game. 

4 minutes ago, Hhsdevils93 said:

Nope. No mad pal. If we all liked the same team, what fun would game day be😂. Jumbo witheld scholarship offers from a former player of his. The kid didn’t find out until he played against the team that sent the offer to jimbo but never was given to the kid. The guy is a prick. Too worried about making his own kid look good at better players expense. And if ur a true jib fan, you already know this. Not hating, just spitting the truth. Once again, I’m hoping for a clean and injury free game. 

I've never know a college in my life to send a scholarship offer to a high school coach. How does that work?