Burton at Patrick Henry

#BBN

30 minutes ago, CHS90 said:

That's good. Now both region D games can be seen if wanted. 👍

Except now I have to work Saturday. UGH!  Was hoping to watch that game if Chilhowie wins Friday night to get a glimpse of whats possibly coming.

1 hour ago, Weatherman said:

I've never know a college in my life to send a scholarship offer to a high school coach. How does that work?

Don’t quote me on the exacts. The coach pulled up on the player and his mom at a game his freshmen year and told them he contacted jumbo wanting this kid at their school. Jumbo never did his part. I wasn’t there. The players mother was telling us. Very good people and wouldn’t take them as liars. 

So again, I’m telling it as it was told to me. Not pretending to have been there or have first hand knowledge. And if we are being real...I didn’t like Adams way before that anyway. I don’t need a reason. Already had one haha.  It there are good kids on that team and I hope they have a great game. 

I find that incredibly hard to believe. If a college wants to recruit a kid, they talk to that kid. Yes they approach the coach to get a better understanding of the player and yes coaches have been known to badmouth some players at times, but I've never heard of a scholarship being given to the coach to give to a player. If a college wants to offer a kid a scholarship, they get in touch with the kid and make sure the player receives a LOI. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm simply stating that's not how things work 99% of the time. 

31 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I find that incredibly hard to believe. If a college wants to recruit a kid, they talk to that kid. Yes they approach the coach to get a better understanding of the player and yes coaches have been known to badmouth some players at times, but I've never heard of a scholarship being given to the coach to give to a player. If a college wants to offer a kid a scholarship, they get in touch with the kid and make sure the player receives a LOI. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm simply stating that's not how things work 99% of the time. 

Not here to argue it. I may have some details skewed. But the short story is jimbo withheld info from the kid keeping this kid from having a Chance from going to this university. Chose to believe or not. Your choice. Not the point on the thread. Don’t care who believes it or not. I do. I trust this family. If you don’t, that’s cool. I get it. I still will pull against burton unless they make it out of the region. Then I will pull for them. You pull for your local teams on the state level. 

On 11/11/2018 at 3:35 PM, Michael_389 said:

42 points with there running game? You can't be serious. Burton is young but talented I just don't see PH putting up 42 with the offense they run.

You were right. 

To many people not giving PH the respect they deserve. We have a great bunch of talented hard working young men. Good luck next week Rebels!!!