Tough Test Upcoming For Greene Devils

Unchained

Don't be surprised if Anderson County wins, I think Greeneville is the better team but my co-workers say that the starters for Greeneville aren't playing well right now.. This is probably for the state title. Should be a great QB battle between the reigning Mr. Football, Cade Ballard and his runner-up Stanton Martin. I think Greeneville finds a way to win 35-28. 

I'm probably going to this one Friday night. Either this or Boyle Co at Belfry. I was at the Anderson - Greeneville game last year. Greeneville started really flat and Anderson got out to a 21-0 lead in the first before Greeneville got rolling and outscored them 35-10 the last 3 quarters. 

15 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

I'm probably going to this one Friday night. Either this or Boyle Co at Belfry. I was at the Anderson - Greeneville game last year. Greeneville started really flat and Anderson got out to a 21-0 lead in the first before Greeneville got rolling and outscored them 35-10 the last 3 quarters. 

If I knew I could get to either one of them from work in time Friday, I would probably be right there with you.  Sadly, I don't think I could get to either in 2.5 hours from Abingdon.

7 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

If I knew I could get to either one of them from work in time Friday, I would probably be right there with you.  Sadly, I don't think I could get to either in 2.5 hours from Abingdon.

That would be cutting it close. It's about an hour and 45 minutes for me from Kingsport, and that's if traffic is moving well. We're probably going to leave early and eat supper somewhere in the Knoxville area. One of the benefits of being retired I suppose.....

22 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

How do they decide in Tennessee where u play at because I thought Greeneville was the #1 team

They rotate by the year. Region 1 hosts odd number years (2017 for example) and Region 2 hosts even numbered years (2018)

3 hours ago, GC_Quincy said:

Might want to get there early. I have no clue what kind of crowd they normally get, but they only have seats on one side.

Yeah, the stands are pretty big, but that will be a huge crowd. Good thing is that all the other region 2 teams are playing at home and that should keep the crowd back a little. I absolutely hate places where the stands are all on one side. You're just asking for trouble with that setup. 

7 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Is it any closer to Meigs County or Knox Central than it would be to drive to Anderson County?

Meigs is about 2.5 hours and Knox Central is about 1.5 hours from Kingsport, so Central is about 15-20 minutes closer than Anderson, and it's close to Litton's if you get there early enough to eat. https://www.littonsdirecttoyou.com/home