Abingdon @ Lord Botetourt

Falcon Mania

Round 2 and back to the scene of the crime so to speak.  Falcons been rolling with the run game and ferocious defense.  Botty been dominating teams with a power run game.  I know nobody will give the Falcons a chance and for sure they will be underdogs.  But haven't the been that all season. 

Who you got?

I will take the Falcons in a close one.

27 minutes ago, Falcon Mania said:

Falcons been rolling with the run game and ferocious defense.  Botty been dominating teams with a power run game.   

Big difference in who these teams have played during the season. LB has been beating 3A & 4A schools. Abingdon will get rolled in this one. 

This is what I have been saying,,,,Abingdon playing in a AA district helps them none when it comes to playing teams in playoffs within the AAA ranks but everyone was so quick to defend them being in the Mountain 7.

19 minutes ago, Bigtom said:

This is what I have been saying,,,,Abingdon playing in a AA district helps them none when it comes to playing teams in playoffs within the AAA ranks but everyone was so quick to defend them being in the Mountain 7.

I agree with them being in the M7 based on geography.  What they need to do is try and schedule bigger schools for all of their OOC games, which they may have done this year I'm not for sure.

50 minutes ago, Hokie101 said:

I agree with them being in the M7 based on geography.  What they need to do is try and schedule bigger schools for all of their OOC games, which they may have done this year I'm not for sure.

They played VHS as one of their non-district games. I believe their others were Pulaski and Hidden Valley. I could be missing another one.

I would like Abingdon to win but I'm not sure how they accomplish that against LB. I've seen Abingdon play and Bluefield. If Bluefield didn't beat LB, I don't believe Abingdon will. With that said, it's  the playoffs and nothing is a given. I give kudos to Abingdon's head coach coming on board with the season nearly starting and getting them to this point. 

I am sure LB is very physical and I truly believe abingdon is an obvious underdog.  One can argue the whole 2a/3a thing forever and neither side will change their minds.  One advantage I see is that LB can’t really gauge what abingdon can/can’t do.  They see the early season losses including the hidden valley game so they think it’s a cakewalk.  Then they see the later season quality wins against union and Ridgeview and a little uncertainty has to creep in.  Abingdon will need to be playing at the top of their game and get some big plays early to have a shot.  As Rick Moranis told his team on Little Giants, you can beat anyone “one time”.

58 minutes ago, F@lcon said:

I am sure LB is very physical and I truly believe abingdon is an obvious underdog.  One can argue the whole 2a/3a thing forever and neither side will change their minds.  One advantage I see is that LB can’t really gauge what abingdon can/can’t do.  They see the early season losses including the hidden valley game so they think it’s a cakewalk.  Then they see the later season quality wins against union and Ridgeview and a little uncertainty has to creep in.  Abingdon will need to be playing at the top of their game and get some big plays early to have a shot.  As Rick Moranis told his team on Little Giants, you can beat anyone “one time”.

LB has had the toughest schedule in all of 3a. They will come prepared, and they will be physical at the point of attack. I’m sure Coach Harless will be able to gauge what Abington can or can’t do. Look at the Bluefield game as a prime example. LB will come to play, and will send Abingdon home, 55-16. 

3 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Is there a reason that Abingdon is in the M7 instead of the Southwest?

I only know that they requested the move. I've heard everything from travel expenses and gate revenue to better competition in girls' sports. I'm not really sure of the exact reason.

3 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Is there a reason that Abingdon is in the M7 instead of the Southwest?

Cause M7 teams have the better concession stands.  Only joking.

I'm not sure why we were put in the M7 other than that is the way it shook out in the previous redistricting through VHSL.