Regional semifinal updates (Playoffs week 2)

swva_havok_fan

A lot of news breaking today on games being altered due to the wet stuff.  Here's what I know is affected in the coverage area:

Abingdon at Lord Botetourt MOVED to William Byrd Saturday at 7 p.m.

Gretna at Radford MOVED to Christiansburg Saturday at 1 p.m.

Parry McCluer at Narrows POSTPONED to Saturday at 2 p.m.

J. I. Burton at Patrick Henry MOVED to Emory and Henry College Saturday at 1 p.m.

Pulaski County at Blacksburg MOVED to Christiansburg Friday at 7 p.m.

Also if we want to use this thread for the score updates as well, that's ok by me.

3 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Pulaski County at Blacksburg MOVED to Christiansburg Friday at 7 p.m.

Cougars-Bruins NOT moved - Cburg Fri @ 7 was the original announcement

Let's add -  Appomattox Co. @ Glenvar moved to Salem Stadium

45 minutes ago, Michael_389 said:

Burton and PH was announced over the weekend. Wished all playoff games where at local colleges like they used to be.

When were all playoff games played at local colleges?

And when did we start moving football games because a field was muddy. 

I'm guessing after 92 on the second question.

Let's just move all playoff games to the mini-dome, quit keeping score and give every player a hug and a trophy at the end of 4.

1 hour ago, Michael_389 said:

Burton and PH was announced over the weekend. Wished all playoff games where at local colleges like they used to be.

Is this football or baseball?  I played on a muddy field in a 92 semifinal game. Had to wait til Sunday to play the finals game on a different field, that wasn’t turf. That field got muddy too. It’s football people. Those kids love getting down and dirty. Does it hurt the faster teams. Sure. But both teams have to play on the same field. 

4 minutes ago, Hhsdevils93 said:

Is this football or baseball?  I played on a muddy field in a 92 semifinal game. Had to wait til Sunday to play the finals game on a different field, that wasn’t turf. That field got muddy too. It’s football people. Those kids love getting down and dirty. Does it hurt the faster teams. Sure. But both teams have to play on the same field. 

Holston fans cried there eyes out about the field Sat at Norton!!!  And Holston was offered the other field to warm up.

22 minutes ago, Michael_389 said:

Holston fans cried there eyes out about the field Sat at Norton!!!  And Holston was offered the other field to warm up.

They shouldn't have been crying because they played their last regular season game on their muddy field.

Union, Burton and Clintwood used to play up there. May have been after y'alls time. Don't have to be a smart @$$!!!

They had the region d finals at uvawise....1d and 2d the same day, correct me if I'm wrong someone..

I also remember a time when Burton cried like a bunch of little babies in Haysi's final year when we wouldn't move it to Wise and they had to come to Sandlick and play in our mud. Lol

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I also remember a time when Burton cried like a bunch of little babies in Haysi's final year when we wouldn't move it to Wise and they had to come to Sandlick and play in our mud. Lol

May of just been that ride to Hell. Lol Haysi was good that year. 2013

1 hour ago, #BBN said:

Yes they did, not sure of the year, but I remember watching Burton play up there, maybe when Ethan Stewart was the QB, the year Burton got beat in the State Championship game.

Got beat all three years 04', 05' and 06'. Think Clintwood won it in 07' or 08'. 

17 hours ago, Hhsdevils93 said:

Not sure I'm right about this one but I don't think they care at all what conditions the kids play in, they don't wanna play the games in the rain because of the fans.  For example if 500 fans don't show up because of the rain that's three grand they lose at the gates.  It's all about the mighty dollar.

21 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Not sure I'm right about this one but I don't think they care at all what conditions the kids play in, they don't wanna play the games in the rain because of the fans.  For example if 500 fans don't show up because of the rain that's three grand they lose at the gates.  It's all about the mighty dollar.

That’s the VHSL. All about the money. That’s why you have 0-10 teams make it to the playoffs now. Absurd. If it rains, it rains. Not directing this at you goose. Just stating that. Vhsl should go back to a 14 game season (if you make it to state) and do away with even 4-6 teams making it. Not everyone can be the 88 and 89 Jonesville and Appy teams. Far and few between. I’ll get off my vhsl soapbox lol. What thread was this anyway haha. 

1 hour ago, Hhsdevils93 said:

That’s the VHSL. All about the money. That’s why you have 0-10 teams make it to the playoffs now. Absurd. If it rains, it rains. Not directing this at you goose. Just stating that. Vhsl should go back to a 14 game season (if you make it to state) and do away with even 4-6 teams making it. Not everyone can be the 88 and 89 Jonesville and Appy teams. Far and few between. I’ll get off my vhsl soapbox lol. What thread was this anyway haha. 

Really all they need to do to fix the problem with bad teams is to go back to 4 teams per region but that's easy for me to say because Union is usually in top 4 so it doesn't matter of they could go to 6 teams and give the top two seeds a bye.