Richlands/Graham II: Region D Title Game

Deleted Account

What's funny is Richlands has been a different team since that beatdown they got from Graham a few weeks back. I think that game is why they've really turned it on the last few games. I just think Graham has too much for them though. That Graham QB has a Michael Vick style the way he plays.

Graham has to much speed for us. I think Richland's will play better this time but I think Graham is just better than we are this year. 

Mance will have them ready. You still have to play the game... you never know with High school football. That's why we all love it.

29 minutes ago, BlueRazor said:

Graham has to much speed for us. I think Richland's will play better this time but I think Graham is just better than we are this year. 

Mance will have them ready. You still have to play the game... you never know with High school football. That's why we all love it.

This^^^^^  I would love to see nothing more than for Richlands to upset them,  but being realistic,  Graham has a lot of speed and the D has been playing lights out for the past several games.  When you have an athlete at QB that is as good as Cam  on a high school team,  he can just about carry a team when the D is playing like they are.  

I think we have a punchers chance and we do have a fantastic coach and staff,  but Graham has been playing some great football this year..........but anything can happen !

52 minutes ago, 2000wave said:

Stop Moir..and you stop richlands.

Ridgeview couldn't figure that out today...

Graham by 2 tds tho..

I wouldn’t be to quick to toss Richland out just cus they beat you!! They beat a good team today!

14 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

With the Beavers still rolling and playing next weekend I assume at home, when will Graham and Richlands play? Friday night or Saturday?

Bridgeport will decide.

my guess is it’ll be played on Saturday. WV’s AA state title game will be played the following Friday night so If Bluefield/Bridgeport play on Saturday that gives them one less day of prep for whoever wins 

18 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

With the Beavers still rolling and playing next weekend I assume at home, when will Graham and Richlands play? Friday night or Saturday?

It all depends on when Bridgeport elects to play. This weekend they have 4 choices since it is Thanksgiving,  Friday at 1:30 or 7:30 and Saturday at 1:30 or 7:30.  Last year they elected Friday at 7:30.  I think it would be really cool to play a double header since I have to do the P.A. for both games.

1 hour ago, T52OS said:

I wouldn’t be to quick to toss Richland out just cus they beat you!! They beat a good team today!

I didnt have a good feeling about today's game, and that feeling was right....Richlands is not at bad team by no means,  moir killed ridgeview himself today...but if ridgeview would have won today I sure wouldn't bet money on ridgeview against Graham unless my money was on Graham.

I'm not tossing Richlands out like you said I am..I'm just making my uneducated prediction based on previous games played. 

I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

4 hours ago, BigWinners said:

If Graham cleans up a.few little mistakes, it's gonna take an EXCEPTIONAL game to beat them. The offense gets all the pub but the defense was absolutely killer today

Agree, Graham's defense has come into its own past few weeks. Kudos to coaches & players! Great decision by Tony to bring Richlands former DC on board and top marks to Rex for what's he's accomplished. I think they seem to have meshed well together and it shows. All around great coaching staff and kids. Graham definitely has to forget about first win over Richlands. Prepare like they've never prepared before and I'm sure Richlands will do the same. Bring it home GMen!!!! 

7 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Agree, Graham's defense has come into its own past few weeks. Kudos to coaches & players! Great decision by Tony to bring Richlands former DC on board and top marks to Rex for what's he's accomplished. I think they seem to have meshed well together and it shows. All around great coaching staff and kids. Graham definitely has to forget about first win over Richlands. Prepare like they've never prepared before and I'm sure Richlands will do the same. Bring it home GMen!!!! 

Union didn't challenge them much, relying on basically a handful of plays and never really deviating from the norm until it was too late, but Graham was VERY prepared and knew exactly what they needed to do to stop Union. The DL did a great job of shedding blocks, the linebackers were constantly near the line making plays and the DBs never allowed the outside guys to block them. 

that's the biggest difference from 2017, line play on both sides. Union got zero pressure on Allen most of the game (and when they did, he would escape and find Lester wide open on crossing routes. The Union defenders could not keep up with him) and while Reed didn't have a ton of success up the gut, he was still able to make plays. 

The only little issues were the fumbles, gotta hold on to the ball. Allen had a fumble and Union stripped Reed after a long run, but those are fixable mistakes. I thought the Union defense did an okay job for the most part but they were on the field WWAAYYYY too much because the offense had less than five first downs all game. 

1 minute ago, Hhsdevils93 said:

Haha. I dont have a doubt in my mind. Hate you didn’t get to make the trip to BSG today. 

Me too, I'm sure atmosphere was something else and the chewing fat around the fire pit. They'll have to fire me next weekend if I get called into work. I'll refuse to go in. Seriously, do hope Graham wins to give Tony his first regional championship. Mance has had his fair share, lol. Wonder how many of those 199 wins, D. Palmer was his defensive coordinator? 🤔