Richlands/Graham II: Region D Title Game

Deleted Account

8 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

This. If Richlands scores and goes up 10-7, who knows what happens when Graham starts trailing and forcing things more than usual. That series was killer. 

I agree, that series was a killer for Richlands. We can throw "whatifs" around all night long but the only thing that matters is the score when the board hits 00:00. Richlands gave a valiant effort. Graham is just better. 

8 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

So what do you call the TD that was called back? Or the 50 yard bomb? There was no defense on those. But a penalty negated the TD and Race made a bad choice while falling down. There are always two sides to any given series. 

83-10 in 2 games.  7 of those coming late on a running clock. I think the poster has an excellent point about Grahams defense

Good luck to Graham moving forward.  

Great effort by Richlands making the most with what they had.

Good luck with basketball to Richlands.  

Credit Graham and move on.  

9 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

83-10 in 2 games.  7 of those coming late on a running clock. I think the poster has an excellent point about Grahams defense

Good luck to Graham moving forward.  

Great effort by Richlands making the most with what they had.

Good luck with basketball to Richlands.  

Credit Graham and move on.  

Agreed ... "Credit Graham and move on." 

Graham just played to the competition.  Play this game 15 times Graham wins it 14 of them.  There is always that 1 outlier.  Like Duke losing to the zags in Maui invitational.  Gonzaga better cherish the win because Williamson is just that type of player/leader it won't happen again.

48 minutes ago, Milo said:

Graham just played to the competition.  Play this game 15 times Graham wins it 14 of them.  There is always that 1 outlier.  Like Duke losing to the zags in Maui invitational.  Gonzaga better cherish the win because Williamson is just that type of player/leader it won't happen again.

I think Duke wins the title, but.......Gonzaga was without it's guard and best player against Duke and had a 14 point lead at one point.  The one issue with a young team like that is the ability to play defense for 40 minutes.  Duke played for 10.  Can they play for 40?

Just now, Hokie1Pokie said:

I think Duke wins the title, but.......Gonzaga was without it's guard and best player against Duke and had a 14 point lead at one point.  The one issue with a young team like that is the ability to play defense for 40 minutes.  Duke played for 10.  Can they play for 40?

I think it was a great lesson for that young team. I'd like to have a dollar for each time i have seen Coach Krzyzewski yell "RUN."

36 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Exactly this.  Duke ran into a team that slowed their pace and forced them to defend every possession.  Duke may certainly win the title but anointing them in November is patently idiotic.

I'm proud to see several Graham fans congratulating Richlands on a great season and good game on this thread. I'm excited to see several of our fellow posters from various schools from Region D pulling for Graham. Once it's down to the final four, we are "one" in Region D. Hopefully, some of you can make it to Radford to help out our cheering section. 

Hats off to Graham and as promised in my post, we all are now pulling for the Gmen.  I think Graham has a good chance to bring the hardware back to SWVA and I hope they stay injury free the rest of the way.  Cam Alley is my grandson's first cousin.  My grandson's live in Alaska and listen to all the games via internet and they love to rub papaw when the Blues loose, but I'm glad Cam is having a good season, and hope the Gmen go all the way.  One Blues Fan that doesn't care to say the Gmen are the most talented team in SWVA this year and I believe they will win State. Go Gmen!!!

I kinda feel this way about it.  I liken it to being brothers...........well,  maybe stepbrothers........in that I can say things about you and we can beat up on each other,  but we stand together when it comes to the rest of the state.  I know that some on both sides may feel different,  I will always pull for the Tazewell teams when we are out of it,  and if there are no Tazewell Co. teams left then I will be pulling for region D teams.  Besides that,  I played ball with D.Palmer in high school and I'm still good friends with him so I wish him the best !

I will be a Graham fan this week and the next and hope they bring the championship back to Tazewell Co !

8 hours ago, Bigrhsfan said:

I kinda feel this way about it.  I liken it to being brothers...........well,  maybe stepbrothers........in that I can say things about you and we can beat up on each other,  but we stand together when it comes to the rest of the state.  I know that some on both sides may feel different,  I will will always pull for the Tazewell teams when we are out of it,  and if there are no Tazewell Co. teams left then I will be pulling for region D teams.  Besides that,  I played ball with D.Palmer in high school and I'm still good friends with him so I wish him the best !

I will be a Graham fan this week and the next and hope they bring the championship back to Tazewell Co !

I am also a friend with D. Palmer. He's a top quality coach, knows defense, a real student of the game,  and a good person. I'm with you when only one Tazewell County team remains, I cheer them on to victory. Hoping Graham gets by Radford and can represent Tazewell County in championship game. I would be thrilled for both Palmers, other coaches, and players to bring home that ring. 

A former Blue Tornado  shared with me a pregame talk given by Coach Dennis Palmer before a game with Grundy  when this player was in high school;  he said it was the best speech ever, "We're  their kryptonite!" Go G-Men and be the Bobcat's kryptonite! Bring back that W to Region D!

IMG_1708.PNG