Richlands/Graham II: Region D Title Game

Deleted Account

I don't anticipate a "flop".  I feel like the game will be much closer than last time.  If we can establish the run like we did this past Saturday, I give us a fighters chance.  If not, it could be a long afternoon!!!  

I just hope we score this time lol

Again, beating the same team twice in one year can be challenging enough but when you add Mance and Co. into the equation it makes it that much harder. They will be hungry.

Once you get this far in the playoffs you have to eliminate mistakes and take advantage of what the other team gives you. Graham will need to finish drives. We got inside the 10 a couple of times and come away with nothing. I think we had 2 or 3 turnovers Saturday. 

Regardless of the outcome Saturday this Graham team has been the most enjoyable to watch for me. They are clicking pretty good together. I love defense and this defense has made big gains this season. Kastner and Edwards are very impressive. If you met Kastner outside of football you would never dream he would play the way he does on the field. Helmet goes on and he's a different kid. 

One week at a time. Go Graham!!

2 minutes ago, 99Bama said:

Again, beating the same team twice in one year can be challenging enough but when you add Mance and Co. into the equation it makes it that much harder. They will be hungry.

Once you get this far in the playoffs you have to eliminate mistakes and take advantage of what the other team gives you. Graham will need to finish drives. We got inside the 10 a couple of times and come away with nothing. I think we had 2 or 3 turnovers Saturday. 

Regardless of the outcome Saturday this Graham team has been the most enjoyable to watch for me. They are clicking pretty good together. I love defense and this defense has made big gains this season. Kastner and Edwards are very impressive. If you met Kastner outside of football you would never dream he would play the way he does on the field. Helmet goes on and he's a different kid. 

One week at a time. Go Graham!!

Richland biggest advantage is over confidence on Grahams part!  Hard to prepare when you have blown a team out earlier in the year! Might not be so easy this time!!

3 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Because of the crap call 

I’ve never disputed the call. But you said, “It was never in doubt.” 

And now you’re saying it WAS in doubt, but only because of a bad call. Lol

3 hours ago, BlueRazor said:

Why can't you just let it go man...it's obvious you have issues here. I normally don't call anybody out but this is rediculous. You guys won the game. GET OVER IT !

Why do you care? Im saying Union controlled the game for the most part and won by two TDs

32 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Why do you care? Im saying Union controlled the game for the most part and won by two TDs

Why are you all talking richlands union on richland graham thread anyways because union is not playing richlands this Saturday anyways so their last game has no bearing on Saturdays game now.

3 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

I have the all important question here.  Which end of the county should us Tazewell people pull for???

I've always said I'd pull for Tazewell over Graham...so take that for what it's worth in your considerations. Lol

27 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I've always said I'd pull for Tazewell over Graham...so take that for what it's worth in your considerations. Lol

I think you should cheer for the home team and their coach to win his first regional championship. The visiting coach has enough. 😂😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

Well I do have a bit of family down there that is a reason there for Richlands...

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

I think you should cheer for the home team and their coach to win his first regional championship. The visiting coach has enough. 😂😂😂😂😂

On the other hand time for someone other than Mance to have some good fortune

Of course I could be bitter and say that Allen should have been a Tazewell player...

I still can't figure out which one to go for.  May just have to stay neutral and then pull for the victor to go all the way.

On a side note the times that I have pulled for either Richlands or Graham in the past I was always on the losing side!  So who wants me to pull for the other team now???

15 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

I still can't figure out which one to go for.  May just have to stay neutral and then pull for the victor to go all the way.

On a side note the times that I have pulled for either Richlands or Graham in the past I was always on the losing side!  So who wants me to pull for the other team now???

Ya know, Gridiron60 raises a good point. Better pull for them. 😂

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

Mance is going for his 200tj win, cheer him on, bro! 😂😂😂😂

3 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

Prediction of rain Saturday.  Even though their playing on turf, which team will be effected the most?

I say neither affected or both affected equally. Rain on turf is way different than rain with the mud at the Marion game. That was worst I've seen. 

remember when Richlands and Tazewell played for a Regional Championship, not sure the year, but Muncy was the big name in Tazewell back then and it snowed and was cold as all get out, but it ended up being one of the best games to see.  If the rain doesn't effect either team, I think this will be a good game, but can't help to believe that the rain may slow things down somewhat.  Never played on turf back in our day, but hope for no injuries on a slippery turf.

24 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

remember when Richlands and Tazewell played for a Regional Championship, not sure the year, but Muncy was the big name in Tazewell back then and it snowed and was cold as all get out, but it ended up being one of the best games to see.  If the rain doesn't effect either team, I think this will be a good game, but can't help to believe that the rain may slow things down somewhat.  Never played on turf back in our day, but hope for no injuries on a slippery turf.

Great game with a real crappy ending.  Not because of it being a loss just the way it ended

A good team will beat the weather, the refs, and the other team.  The idea that artificial grass is slippery when wet is a myth.  In fact an artificial field provides a safer weather-resistant surface.  There is no slippery mud or pooling of water.  Somewhat surprisingly, the majority of shoe-surface combinations show higher rotational traction during wet conditions compared to dry conditions. Water on rubber provides more traction and a lot of data shows an increase of injury.   Studies have shown cleat selection does have minor impact.  Advantage in wet weather in this game again goes to Graham.  A top receiver for Richlands played a great game against Ridgeview after limited time in previous games due to a knee injury.  I think this player, who did not play well in the first meeting between these two teams will be key.  He has to hold up for Richlands to have a fighting chance.  Again,  wet turf and increased traction is not easy on a pre-exsisting injury, especially to ankles , knees and hips.

1 hour ago, Milo said:

A good team will beat the weather, the refs, and the other team.  The idea that artificial grass is slippery when wet is a myth.  In fact an artificial field provides a safer weather-resistant surface.  There is no slippery mud or pooling of water.  Somewhat surprisingly, the majority of shoe-surface combinations show higher rotational traction during wet conditions compared to dry conditions. Water on rubber provides more traction and a lot of data shows an increase of injury.   Studies have shown cleat selection does have minor impact.  Advantage in wet weather in this game again goes to Graham.  A top receiver for Richlands played a great game against Ridgeview after limited time in previous games due to a knee injury.  I think this player, who did not play in the first meeting between these two teams will be key.  He has to hold up for Richlands to have a fighting chance.  Again,  wet turf and increased traction is not easy on a pre-exsisting injury, especially to ankles , knees and hips.

Taylor Horn did play in the first game vs. Graham. He actually had an interception in that game. 

Just now, EH31 said:

Taylor Horn did play in the first game vs. Graham. He actually had an interception in that game. 

Thanks, I made the correction/edit in my post. "Graham totally shut down Richlands’ talented receiver Taylor Horn, who didn’t have a catch on the night. Horn did have an interception for the Blues." Ieft a key word out there, it should have read," did not play "well."