Girls season 2018-19 and updated rankings

champ

The season is getting close and I see the site has updated the schedules of the teams they plan to track scores on. Again I will say coming from a huge girls b ball fan I love the tracking of all these teams by this site. 

It really makes it fun to keep up with. Very challenging to try and rank and keep up with so many teams but also a lot of fun

ive been to a handful of scrimmages and I won't lie I'm friends with a few old timers that still ref their share of games so that helps me keep up with a lot of teams.  Of course I won't have it all correct to start the season and many of you may know some good stats or points about teams that I'm missing so feel free to blast me or my ranking list anytime😉

Just to remind everyone I like to try and do a top 10 of all the teams this site tracks. All divisions included that's what I will do. 

Last year the end season rankings going into the playoffs was just about spot on 😃 Yes this old timer just congratulated his own post.  Yes I know how sad. 

Anyway I watched PM play Va HIGH today. It's the 4 time I've seen PM the past 2 years and the 2nd time seeing VA HIGH. Although PM won by 30 I'm here to tell you VA HIGH is gonna be a force to deal with. They have some excellent shooters. Honestly losing to PM is nothing to be down about.  PM is by far one of the better HS girls teams I've ever watched play.  

By the way from a guy that has strong ties to Honaker Highschool.  VA HIGH girls should be very proud to play in a Gym like they have. A Really nice place for a Highschool basketball team to play. 

RANKINGS ( based on teams listed on this site) 

1.  PM ( 2 time defending champ ) 

2. Central wise ( 2 time defending champ )

3  Ridgeview 

4  Abington 

5  Galax 

6  Carrol County 

7 VA HIGH 

8  Christianburgh 

9  Floyd County 

10  Honaker ( yes my homer pick I'm sure they may not stay on the list long so give me a little slack please. 

On the Bubble 

> Union

Ok there it is feel free to hit me with your best shot and tell me I'm wrong. Give me some good info and I will research whoever you think should be ranked higher. I do have sorces you know 😉

On 11/17/2018 at 10:46 PM, champ said:

1.  PM ( 2 time defending champ )   not in coverage area

2. Central wise ( 2 time defending champ )

3  Ridgeview 

4  Abington 

5  Galax 

6  Carrol County 

7 VA HIGH 

8  Christianburgh  not in coverage area

9  Floyd County not in coverage area

10  Honaker ( yes my homer pick I'm sure they may not stay on the list long so give me a little slack please. 

On the Bubble 

> Union

Ok there it is feel free to hit me with your best shot and tell me I'm wrong. Give me some good info and I will research whoever you think should be ranked higher. I do have sorces you know 😉

The reason Beamerball includes the strikethrough teams in his schedule threads is because those districts that include those teams have at least one team in the district which IS in the coverage area.

4 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

The reason Beamerball includes the strikethrough teams in his schedule threads is because those districts that include those teams have at least one team in the district which IS in the coverage area.

Sorry havok 

i just become acclimated with the area again a couple years ago and do have strong ties and strong roots in the Deep South. As you all know by now I have ties to Honaker. However I don't live quite that far south now and have enjoyed keeping up with girls basketball the past few years. 

I really enjoy ranking the teams in this west division that the site tracks. If everyone would rather me only track the south division then ok.  I like keeping up with all of them though. I thought some on this site might enjoy knowing or hearing what is out there 

The Roanoke area has some strong teams that have been fun to keep up with as well 

One of my nephews does a lot of referee and I have friends involved all throughout most of the west sided teams areas. I just enjoy following the action. 

If this board is mainly for Deep South talk or SWVA talk only I completely understand