Narrows @ Galax moved to Friday at 2 pm.

SW_VA_boy

8 minutes ago, SW_VA_boy said:

Must be to avoid the rain on Saturday hurting the gate or that would be my best guess.

Last week I wanted Narrows to be on Friday....this week I want them to be on Saturday....I give up haha working the Tech game will once again rob me of watching them....

1 minute ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Last week I wanted Narrows to be on Friday....this week I want them to be on Saturday....I give up haha working the Tech game will once again rob me of watching them....

In the same boat.  Working 3-11 and Friday blacked out for vacation because of the holiday so now I'm stuck at work. C'est la vie. 

It's my understanding, the move is in an attempt to not have a "worst case scenario."   The weather report for the Twin County's for Friday night into early Saturday morning is sleet and freezing rain with a temperature between 30 and 32 degrees.

If sleet and freezing rain do occur and force the cancellation of the game Saturday, a Monday game would be a significant disadvantage for the winner having to face Chilhowie on a short week.

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

It's my understanding, the move is in an attempt to not have a "worst case scenario."   The weather report for the Twin County's for Friday night into early Saturday morning is sleet and freezing rain with a temperature between 30 and 32 degrees.

If sleet and freezing rain do occur and force the cancellation of the game Saturday, a Monday game would be a significant disadvantage for the winner having to face Chilhowie on a short week.

Yes, because we all know that the winner is going to need all the advantages that they can get for when they play Chilhowie.  LOL.  Don't forget Chilhowie still has to play and beat Patrick Henry First.  But I do admire you're surety of Chilhowie.

2 minutes ago, Smyhcounty said:

Yes, because we all know that the winner is going to need all the advantages that they can get for when they play Chilhowie.  LOL.  Don't forget Chilhowie still has to play Patrick Henry. 

Indeed!  No disrespect intended to PH.  Just pointing out, moving the game to Friday afternoon is the responsible thing to do.

Just now, sixcat said:

Indeed!  No disrespect intended to PH.  Just pointing out, moving the game to Friday afternoon is the responsible thing to do.

I know you didn't, I'm just messing with you.  I agree,  hopefully Chilhowie and PH will move their as well.  We are not forecast for ice and sleet just heavy rain Friday Night and Saturday.

1 hour ago, Smyhcounty said:

I know you didn't, I'm just messing with you.  I agree,  hopefully Chilhowie and PH will move their as well.  We are not forecast for ice and sleet just heavy rain Friday Night and Saturday.

Some folks on that other site are pissed at Galax for not playing Friday night or Saturday. Given the circumstances, Galax is doing the responsible thing and I applaud them for it.  Some people are just hopelessly irrational.

If attending the game is that important to them, take a sick day. 

3 hours ago, sixcat said:

Some folks on that other site are pissed at Galax for not playing Friday night or Saturday. Given the circumstances, Galax is doing the responsible thing and I applaud them for it.  Some people are just hopelessly irrational.

If attending the game is that important to them, take a sick day. 

I think you have to take a couple of things into consideration as to why these guys are dissapointed. I didn't see anyone call out the school on the decision just that the weather report they seen did not support the move. Most of these players parents are not as fortunate as you or I, in being able to dictate their schedule. They do not work in a type of employment as to where they can  just take a day off or call in sick.  Some of these guys are going to miss seeing their kid playing their last home game and possibly their last high school game ever. So before you label people hopelessly irrational because they do not agree with you, take into account that they may have a very good reason to be disappointed. 

7 hours ago, Optimal62 said:

I think you have to take a couple of things into consideration as to why these guys are dissapointed. I didn't see anyone call out the school on the decision just that the weather report they seen did not support the move. Most of these players parents are not as fortunate as you or I, in being able to dictate their schedule. They do not work in a type of employment as to where they can  just take a day off or call in sick.  Some of these guys are going to miss seeing their kid playing their last home game and possibly their last high school game ever. So before you label people hopelessly irrational because they do not agree with you, take into account that they may have a very good reason to be disappointed. 

I understand being disappointed and sympathize.  As I said on the other board, I'm sorry if your employment doesn't allow you to attend a Friday afternoon game.  But that employment status shouldn't place others in potential jeopardy to ensure your ability to attend.  This isn't just about the Galax kids or parents.  Narrows kids and parents have to travel two hours to get here.  I applaud our school coaches and administrators for ensuring they have the safest trip possible.  

If you look at the weather report for Friday/Saturday and don't see what precipitated this move, then in my opinion, you're either naive or "hopelessly irrational."

34 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I understand being disappointed and sympathize.  As I said on the other board, I'm sorry if your employment doesn't allow you to attend a Friday afternoon game.  But that employment status shouldn't place others in potential jeopardy to ensure your ability to attend.  This isn't just about the Galax kids or parents.  Narrows kids and parents have to travel two hours to get here.  I applaud our school coaches and administrators for ensuring they have the safest trip possible.  

If you look at the weather report for Friday/Saturday and don't see what precipitated this move, then in my opinion, you're either naive or "hopelessly irrational."

As was said on the other site, no one said it wasn't the right move. Although the weather as it stands right now doesn't support the move, is all the other posters are stating. Friday zero participation until after 1AM. Saturday 40 degrees and rain stopped by 1PM.  As I stated I have no issue-I can move my schedule, others are not so lucky and they just stated they was dissapointed. No one was pissed off.  You have an extremely bad habit of attacking people who do not  agree with your opinions. 

4 minutes ago, Optimal62 said:

As was said on the other site, no one said it wasn't the right move. Although the weather as it stands right now doesn't support the move, is all the other posters are stating. Friday zero participation until after 1AM. Saturday 40 degrees and rain stopped by 1PM.  As I stated I have no issue-I can live my schedule. others are not so lucky and they just stated they was dissapointed. No one was pissed off.  You have an extremely bad habit of attacking people who do not  agree with your opinions. 

There are two things I feel compelled to respond to within the post.  First, you say "no one said it wasn't the right move" followed by "although the weather as it stands right now doesn't support the move."  Those two statements are disjointed and contradictory in nature.  Which is it?  The right move or the wrong move not supported by the weather forecast?

Secondly, who have I attacked?  How have I attacked them?  I have attempted to express my opinion articulately, fairly and honestly.  Mine wasn't the first response.  I simply stated what precipitated the move, as expressed to me by an administrator.  The first response was "could have and should have been Friday night."  Which doesn't solve the initial reason for moving the game, as I pointed out.  Nothing "attacking" within this board or the other.  

I have a proposal.  We have known one another for 40 years.  We don't particularly care for one another in any capacity.  Lets leave it at that and avoid each other on this and the other site!  Shall we?

5 minutes ago, sixcat said:

There are two things I feel compelled to respond to within the post.  First, you say "no one said it wasn't the right move" followed by "although the weather as it stands right now doesn't support the move."  Those two statements are disjointed and contradictory in nature.  Which is it?  The right move or the wrong move not supported by the weather forecast?

Secondly, who have I attacked?  How have I attacked them?  I have attempted to express my opinion articulately, fairly and honestly.  Mine wasn't the first response.  I simply stated what precipitated the move, as expressed to me by an administrator.  The first response was "could have and should have been Friday night."  Which doesn't solve the initial reason for moving the game, as I pointed out.  Nothing "attacking" within this board or the other.  

I have a proposal.  We have known one another for 40 years.  We don't particularly care for one another in any capacity.  Lets leave it at that and avoid each other on this and the other site!  Shall we?

My statement said that no one said it was the wrong move, as the poster told you a couple of times.  I then stated that the weather report does not support it. That's it, a statement of fact. It does not nor did I say it was the wrong move.  The move doesn't hurt me at all, it actually works out as to I am now able to see three games over the weekend. 

I'll PM you the rest of my response to keep it off of here.

Just now, Optimal62 said:

My statement said that no one said it was the wrong move, as the poster told you a couple of times.  I then stated that the weather report does not support it. That's it, a statement of fact. It does not nor did I say it was the wrong move.  The move doesn't hurt me at all, it actually works out as to I am now able to see three games over the weekend. 

I'll PM you the rest of my response to keep it off of here.

That's the point, your fact doesn't make it absolute fact!  We've had some nasty weather for the past 3 months.  Planning for a game time that would benefit everyone involved in playing the game makes the most sense.  It wont benefit all of the adults but that's life.

Moving the game to Friday does adversely affect some.  Having the game on Saturday adversely affects others.  People work on Saturdays too!

In Virginia the only time the visitor had sole choice on playing time that I can remember was in the previous system.  If the visitor was 3.5 hours away from where they were playing they had the option to choose the playing date/time I believe.