Mountain 7 District All District Teams

swva_havok_fan

On 11/22/2018 at 11:43 AM, Bigtom said:

LPD had 7 also and never had this many.  It teaches kids nothing.  Heck if I were a kid and done the math its not hard to figure out that I can miss x # of practices and have a certain % that I will make 1st, 2nd, or HM regardless.

If someone here can find last year's Mtn 7 all conference and some of the last years of the LPD all district teams and prove that the number of kids being honored is significantly lower than it is now then I may agree with you. I would bet most of us have not been in those all district meeting and don't know the story as to why they have 23 kids on 1st team. If any of you all would like to copy the list and highlight the KIDS (and let's remember they are kids) that you feel should not be on the list then go ahead. But to be fair to the kids don't hide behind a screen name make sure to post your name and where you are from too. 

As a side note to all this, the one particular kid from RV that I thought should have made it missed a couple of district games to injury. I officially have no complaints now that my son reminded me of that. Congrats to all these kids and thanks for the hard fought season. 

My 1st time posting on this site but I have a question, I have not read anything on these awards in any of the local papers so where did you find this? I know the Bristol paper dont pay a lot of attention to the schools on the Va. side (they are interested in Tenn. schools)  I am always in search of things on the Battle Boys because of my grandson.

1 hour ago, grandpaw trojan said:

My 1st time posting on this site but I have a question, I have not read anything on these awards in any of the local papers so where did you find this? I know the Bristol paper dont pay a lot of attention to the schools on the Va. side (they are interested in Tenn. schools)  I am always in search of things on the Battle Boys because of my grandson.

Welcome to the board! The full list was in the Nov 21st print edition of the Kingsport Times News. It may have been in others too, but I am not sure.

3 hours ago, grandpaw trojan said:

BHC only covers three Tennessee schools (Sullivan Central, Sullivan East and Tennessee High).  They cover 31 schools in SWVA (all teams from the BDD, Cumberland, Hogoheegee, SWD, M7 and GW and Rural Retreat).

I wish they have the honors to 40 kids, three full teams. The kids all work very hard and in the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean too much but it does reward them for their contributions. 

Or have a senior only All-Conference team and then another team with underclassmen. 

On 11/22/2018 at 12:04 PM, Bigtom said:

Would have like to see the RB from Lee get something.  He was pretty good and the #11 kid from Union along with Garrison

Is this Blake Lewis your referring too, from Lee?

12 hours ago, Bigtom said:

Yes I think that is his name.  Very hard runner.  would like to see him beef up a little but plays hard,

If it is Blake your referring too.. he was 1st team DE as well as running back. He is a senior. He will be playing in the FCA All Star Game at Emory on Dec15th

10 minutes ago, Hokie777 said:

If it is Blake your referring too.. he was 1st team DE as well as running back. He is a senior. He will be playing in the FCA All Star Game at Emory on Dec15th

OK good I see him as DE but still don't see him at RB.  But good for him he deserves attention.

On 11/22/2018 at 11:38 AM, Bigtom said:

I do agree with you on the Def POY.  I don't think Ridgeview deserved it however I think Polier is where he should have been.  I also think that OL POY should have went to the kid from Abingdon alone.   By having all these kids getting awards is teaching them nothing.  You have some that got 2nd team who are better than some who got 1st.  Some got HM who should have gotten 1st or 2nd.  In the end everyone won I guess LOL  

You don't think Sproles, the MLB deserved Def POY?  He was by far the best defensive player in the entire conference this year.  

On 11/28/2018 at 11:42 AM, swva_havok_fan said:

BHC only covers three Tennessee schools (Sullivan Central, Sullivan East and Tennessee High).  They cover 31 schools in SWVA (all teams from the BDD, Cumberland, Hogoheegee, SWD, M7 and GW and Rural Retreat).

They cover Battle and VHS all of the time....wait til baseball season.

19 minutes ago, HaloSports2 said:

You don't think Sproles, the MLB deserved Def POY?  He was by far the best defensive player in the entire conference this year.  

He is good though and to the victor goes the spoils and comparing then it would be a toss up for POY between him and Polier.  Why not give it to both of them Hell they don't care to give two awards to everyone else

23 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I wish they have the honors to 40 kids, three full teams. The kids all work very hard and in the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean too much but it does reward them for their contributions. 

Or have a senior only All-Conference team and then another team with underclassmen. 

Give honors to 40 kids?   Is this what you are saying?  If it is, then I hope that there are plenty of trophy makers out there, since everyone should get one.  Life is about making contributions and working behind the scenes from time to time.  You may not always get the credit your deserve, but can you honestly say you gave everything you had.  Players are going to get overlooked and it happens.  There are many times that these things are nothing more than a popularity contests for the coaches.  Players should work hard to EARN those accolades. 

They already have two first team QBs?  That is a joke in itself.  Coaches call each other and say vote for my kid and I'll vote for your kid blah, blah, blah.  Did the kids tie and nobody wanted to break the tie in the meeting?  Stats and wins should account for the people that make it to first team.  Standouts should make the team as well, when a super talented kid may not play on a winning team.  Coaches know who those kids are when they watch film and  play each other. 

On 11/28/2018 at 12:15 PM, BigWinners said:

This is what is wrong with today's society everyone gets a trophy. 24 kids that's it. First team and move on 11 off 11 defs. Utility player and kicker.

4 hours ago, Union's hammer said:

This is what is wrong with today's society everyone gets a trophy. 24 kids that's it. First team and move on 11 off 11 defs. Utility player and kicker.

so screw the feelings of these HS kids.  Make a senior only team, then an underclasmen team All M7 means little. All Region means more 

9 hours ago, BigWinners said:

so screw the feelings of these HS kids.  Make a senior only team, then an underclasmen team All M7 means little. All Region means more 

Yeah you got it finally genius. Not everyone gets a trophy in life might have been different in your Powell valley days when you rode the bench.

On 11/29/2018 at 11:58 AM, Bigtom said:

He is good though and to the victor goes the spoils and comparing then it would be a toss up for POY between him and Polier.  Why not give it to both of them Hell they don't care to give two awards to everyone else

I will admit that I didn't watch Pollier enough to compare them and I don't think you watched either of them enough to compare them.  I also don't like comparing high school kids.  I did however watch Sproles a lot, and even with his awards he is undervalued.  He is really really good.