Graham/Radford: AA Semifinals

Deleted Account

Without a doubt Graham and Cam Allen played the best game they have played all year, Allen throwing TD passes to four different receivers, almost unheard of in high school, plus with addition of Edwards and Riley the defense is playing very good. Next weeks opponent, Goochland will be a very tough team to beat, good size, speed, well coached, undefeated, and went on the road and won in their semi-final game! Graham had a very lively crowd against Radford and will need the same support next week in Salem!

With the exception of the Bluefield game that was the best crowd all year for Graham. Good to see! It appeared Radford's game plan was to double Lester all night and make the connection between he and Allen difficult. Good play calling and execution proved we are more than Cam Allen and Lester. Reed and Booker established the run to set the tone on the opening drive. Dales, Shinault, and Justice all contributed on the receiving end. Some of those passes Cam made were very impressive. I really don't know how to put into words just how good he is.

With all that being said. Regardless of the outcome this next game this Graham team for me has been very fun to watch. Where this group started at the beginning of the year and how they are playing now is remarkable. For some this will be their last week of practice and their last game together. Enjoy it! 

One more game. Go Graham!

Agree with your post, Edwards playing LB, allows Reed to just play offense which makes him lots better because I don't believe he is in shape to play both ways! Edwards, a true diamond in the rough, more vocal than others and what this team needed! Likewise, never seen a Graham team improve as much as this team and seemed to more focused and enjoying the moment. The coaches have done a fantastic job of coaching!

Graham has not seen anyone with any talent close to what Bluefield had since they played Bluefield. Goochland is close. Goochland has a rookie coach but the old one that led them to so much success is now the AD and still around to help. Graham 28-27.

15 hours ago, Topper24 said:

I saw an article this week on Grahams line. They are massive!. How did Radford line fair against them, and does anyone know anything about Goochland line? 

Graham's line has been a work in progress. Meadows is a freshman, he is 6'7 280 lbs. When you're that big at that young of an age you are still trying to get your body figured out so to speak. Brody has impressed me to be quite honest. Wimmer who is playing center is a senior. This is the first year he's played center or that much really on the line since MS. Kastner hasn't played on the line since MS either. Sesco and Dimarzo are probably the only two that have varsity experience. 

They started the season struggling on assignments. As the season has progressed they are playing really good together. It's certainly helped that Cam has learned to stay in the pocket more.