2019 schedules

ojrussell

41 minutes ago, big ugly vol said:

Heard a rumor that Ridgeview was dropping a few weaker schools and beefing up their schedule. Not sure who they drop/add. 

Dropping Grundy for J. I. Burton for sure.

Also heard Pike County Central will be replaced with Pikeville.  Pikeville plays in the Class 1A state championship this Friday in Lexington and is always a powerhouse in the 1A level in Kentucky.

I am okay with keeping Shelby Valley as they are a power points haul, even if they are a weak team.  But definitely replace Honaker.

1 minute ago, Counts said:

week 10 in Va is playyoff week one in Tenn so not sure how that will work

IDK maybe moved the game to a different date im not sure but like I said just rumors for now.  They seem to float around this time of year LOL

2 minutes ago, Counts said:

Who is the NET team?

Not sure.  I was just told a very good team from TN.  But like I said the rumor mill is buzzing right now so I take a 3rd of what I hear and belive half of that

14 hours ago, Michael_389 said:

Ridgeview is alsi trying to pick up Chilhowie on there schedule.

I'm not in favor of playing down, but if there was a 1A team I would like to see Ridgeview play, Chilhowie would be one.

2 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

Heard a rumor that Richlands was picking up Ridgeview instead of Abingdon, any truth to this?

I'd be all in favor of this for sure, but I don't believe it's going to happen.

50 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I'm not in favor of playing down, but if there was a 1A team I would like to see Ridgeview play, Chilhowie would be one.

I'd be all in favor of this for sure, but I don't believe it's going to happen.

Not sure about Chilhowie after this probably wouldn't be a good game. But excited to see Ridgeview and Burton kick year off next fall. I'd like to see Burton drop Chilhowie and put Union in there spot.

2 hours ago, Michael_389 said:

Not sure about Chilhowie after this probably wouldn't be a good game. But excited to see Ridgeview and Burton kick year off next fall. I'd like to see Burton drop Chilhowie and put Union in there spot.

I think you're confused or I have a comprehension issue. Union/Burton is usually Week 1 on Thursday.

3 hours ago, Michael_389 said:

Why would Burton drop Chilhowie? Is it because of the distance or something? I mean I know Burton has only beat em like once in the past 5 or 6 years, but isn't it usually a pretty good game?

2 hours ago, Null said:

Why would Burton drop Chilhowie? Is it because of the distance or something? I mean I know Burton has only beat em like once in the past 5 or 6 years, but isn't it usually a pretty good game?

Yeah was usually a 1 or 2 point game til this year. With Union coming down and I'd rather take that shot at Union why there down.  I think 

1) Ridgeview

2) Union

3) Lee would be a good way to start the season. 

18 minutes ago, Michael_389 said:

Yeah was usually a 1 or 2 point game til this year. With Union coming down and I'd rather take that shot at Union why there down.  I think 

1) Ridgeview

2) Union

3) Lee would be a good way to start the season. 

I think Union will definitely surprise some people. I think next years team will be better than this years. Call me crazy, but I expect it.