Podcast Q&A?

Ryan4VT

Radford beat Appomattox, meaning Ryan's plea during last week's picks worked. With this in mind, what else can we use his magic to create?

Not a question but, if Bluefield and Greeneville win this weekend, and if Chilhowie, Graham, Radford, or Galax win next week: it will be the 1st time ever that we have a State Championship come home to SWVA, SoWV, and NETN in the same year

How long till we have Greg Mance Field at Ernie Hicks Stadium? I know these things are usually issued posthumously, but Hicks was still coaching when they named the stadium after him in 1957

24 minutes ago, V-Cats said:

Radford beat Appomattox, meaning Ryan's plea during last week's picks worked. With this in mind, what else can we use his magic to create?

Not a question but, if Bluefield and Greeneville win this weekend, and if Chilhowie, Graham, Radford, or Galax win next week: it will be the 1st time ever that we have a State Championship come home to SWVA, SoWV, and NETN in the same year

If you researched all that out you have way to much time on your hands!

Which semi-final match up is the most intriguing to you?

Also with the field condition talk going on this year in the playoffs, how do feel about moving the games to different locations? Do you feel that it gives up some of the home field advantage?

On 11/26/2018 at 11:00 AM, SXSW said:

If you researched all that out you have way to much time on your hands!

It helps that NETN teams are pathetic at winning football state titles 

Since 1970, they only have:

1971-72 TN High

2010-11, 17 Greeneville 

On 11/26/2018 at 2:10 PM, 24282 said:

Any truth to the website name being changed to Bluefieldsports.com

I would say right now it is. Seeing how one team is in the finals and the other the semi finals.  Although there is a lot of Chilhowie and Galax talk to as there should be.

On 11/26/2018 at 2:10 PM, 24282 said:

Any truth to the website name being changed to Bluefieldsports.com

If Thomas Walker ever made a state semifinal, they’d get run as well.  When you have 2 schools from two towns with the same name advancing deep into postseason play, there’s gonna be some traffic devoted to them, whether you approve or not.

17 hours ago, V-Cats said:

It helps that NETN teams are pathetic at winning football state titles 

Since 1970, they only have:

1971-72 TN High

2010-11, 17 Greeneville 

Jefferson County has one in 3A in 1987 and Sevier County had one in 1999. And Cloudland played in a Championship Game but lost in 2001..other than that it's been decades of futility Jeff County has 2 other runner-up finishes the last was 1997. 

3 hours ago, SXSW said:

Jefferson County has one in 3A in 1987 and Sevier County had one in 1999. And Cloudland played in a Championship Game but lost in 2001..other than that it's been decades of futility Jeff County has 2 other runner-up finishes the last was 1997. 

I consider Jefferson and Sevier to be in the Knoxville area, but you can argue they are fringe NETN

Nonetheless, you're right that they've been comically less successful than those of us across the state line

23 minutes ago, V-Cats said:

I consider Jefferson and Sevier to be in the Knoxville area, but you can argue they are fringe NETN

Nonetheless, you're right that they've been comically less successful than those of us across the state line

I had a similar discussion a few weeks ago with some DB folks, I told them that DB has never won a state title on the field just in a newspaper, they didn't like it, but facts suck!

1 hour ago, SXSW said:

I had a similar discussion a few weeks ago with some DB folks, I told them that DB has never won a state title on the field just in a newspaper, they didn't like it, but facts suck!

Lol... Being a brand spanking new DB fan, I guess I have some things to learn.  :)

21 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Lol... Being a brand spanking new DB fan, I guess I have some things to learn.  :)

The first things a DB fan has to learn is how to deal with disappointment and frustration which according to the ones I know is all they have ever known. It is the most overrated sports program from top to bottom in the State of Tennessee!

Just now, SXSW said:

The first things a DB fan has to learn is how to deal with disappointment and frustration with according to the ones I know is all they have ever known. It is the most overrated sports program from top to bottom in the State of Tennessee!

They look pretty decent in basketball, both boys and girls.  The girls beat Central last night by 14 and I've heard from experts that Central is poised to make a run for Murfreesboro this year.