Chilhowie Field

WarDog

I mean any grass field in Smyth County is going to me a mess. It’s done nothing but rain and snow over the past 2 weeks. Hell you can’t play at Marion because even though both goal post and visitor bleachers are up the right field fence is already going across the 30 yard line. I don’t understand why you wouldn’t want to play at Emory with more parking, everyone can find a place to sit, and you don’t have to worry about getting any of your studs hurt playing on a muddy field! There were several times Sanchez got up limping last week in those same conditions idk why you would risk it. I think they win either way it will be fun to watch a full game without the jv team getting to play. But now you are stuck in the sink hole that is Saltville on a field that is just as bad as chilhowie and HAS A TREE ROOT AND ROCKS in the corner of the end zone... but hey you got a 5 minute shorter drive. I honestly how chilhowie makes it to Salem again but how about y’all focus on playing the game instead of where it is played.

VHSL should have stood their ground. What dumb decision! The audacity of a politician to step in a situation involving high school playoff venue is ridiculous. Good luck to both teams, not thinking Chilhowie bettered themselves any with this venue change and the they look like a bunch of cry babies, no offense to those Warriors who weren't cry babies. 

4 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

VHSL should have stood their ground. What dumb decision! The audacity of a politician to step in a situation involving high school playoff venue is ridiculous. Good luck to both teams, not thinking Chilhowie bettered themselves any with this venue change and the they look like a bunch of cry babies, no offense to those Warriors who weren't cry babies. 

VHSL should have stood their ground with their approval and announcement on Tuesday that the game would be played at Chilhowie. 

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

What's new with them..Their Coach is a real piece of work..He came on to the field looking to fight at the Marion game..Great role model

2 hours ago, Single_A_Fan said:

VHSL should have stood their ground with their approval and announcement on Tuesday that the game would be played at Chilhowie. 

I mean both  Chilhowie and Northwood’s fields are in bad shape. The only plus of playing on Saltville is that they haven’t played there in 5 weeks but by the look of those pictures it looks rough. Emory would have been good for everyone involved but Chilhowie earn the right to play in Smyth County I just hope the last game for this talented senior class isn’t in Saltville...

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

You should see the Facebook messages we've gotten on the WCYB Facebook page in the last 2 days......it's insane. 

10 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

Northwoods field does not look bad.  It just looks like dormant Bermuda.  It is crazy the twists and turns this has taken though.

Doesn’t change the fact that the back right corner of the end zone on the score board side is nothing but rocks and a giant tree roots

4 hours ago, Single_A_Fan said:

7 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

Northwoods field does not look bad.  It just looks like dormant Bermuda.  It is crazy the twists and turns this has taken though.

The story coming out of the roanoke press rumor mill is the reason that the vhsl changed their minds, the first people that was sent first was from local schools. I don't know which. After a couple of PH fans contacted them about the game the next day  they decided to send someone from Charlottesville to look at it and they decided that it was unfit. If they moved it like the others because of safety and game sconditions they should have left at Emory and not cave because a politician through his weight around. 

Bottom line is had Narrows pulled off the upset last week Chilhowie would not have complained a bit about the game being moved to E&H. For the 1st time this year I think the Warriors are somewhat worried about an opponent. IMO

5 minutes ago, rjhall71 said:

Bottom line is had Narrows pulled off the upset last week Chilhowie would not have complained a bit about the game being moved to E&H. For the 1st time this year I think the Warriors are somewhat worried about an opponent. IMO

That's what most are overlooking. The players themselves could care less where they play at. The kids aren't the ones that made the calls or whined about going to Emory. So of course they may have some concerns or a bit of nerves but what young player wouldn't. But they aren't afraid or worried, they are confident in their skills and they know they can play great ball. It's people that don't play making a big deal out of the move. 

6 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Funny how the rivalry stays true there but in Tazewell Co most everybody pulls for whoever is still going in the county

I wish that was true here...however I think it most from around the county will support the Warriors. I for one would pull anyone in the area to do good and to pull out a win. But you have some that can't put away childish rivalries away for the better of sportmanship and surrounding communities. 

10 minutes ago, CHS90 said:

That's what most are overlooking. The players themselves could care less where they play at. The kids aren't the ones that made the calls or whined about going to Emory. So of course they may have some concerns or a bit of nerves but what young player wouldn't. But they aren't afraid or worried, they are confident in their skills and they know they can play great ball. It's people that don't play making a big deal out of the move. 

I hate it for those boys; I would love to see them (CHS) achieve something that most of us dreamed about as players but the adults have made this such a mess for them. Hopefully both teams come out without injuries and may the best team win. 

15 minutes ago, Topper24 said:

That’s just silly chilhowie has the speed to hang with anyone on turf. They earned the right to play at home and their field is unplayable and they had a chance to come play on a good field but they decided to play in Saltville. I hope this doesn’t hurt the players mind set for the game

I vividly remember a few years ago when GW was visiting Northwood, and the game was delayed for 30-40 minutes so a small sinkhole that formed mid-game could be filled with dirt. Good times!

At the end of the day, the field this game is played on isn't going to matter, but never did I ever think I'd see the VHSL move a game to that location because it was more "fit" for a semifinal game. 

The VHSL is a farce !The town of Chilhowie should sue them for lost revenue. The people of Chilhowie pay tax dollars to support the school there and the sports programs and now thousands of dollars are going to be spent elsewhere and the VHSL takes the gate, which means no money for the school or community, total bullshit

If the VHSL wants turf to be used during the playoffs ....take all that money made and pay for the schools to have it instead of taking the winter VHSL meetings to a warm weather beach for a week for all of the Principles of the VHSL , I bet that is not going to happen. I guess ole Phil is right,....in the very near future there will be Central sites , with Turf for all region and half state games