Eastside vs Gate City @ UVA-Wise

Unionguy_2017

Not sure what all Eastside has back. I know they lost Lawson and another big contributor but cant remember his name.  If they even resemble what they had last year they will make it a game.  They were a very gritty bunch and seemed to be well coached the few games I seen them play.  I'll be at the game tomorrow.  I heard tonight that the JV would play around 6:30 and Varsity would follow.  I'll try to double check and find out for sure.

8 minutes ago, RiverRat24 said:

Not sure what all Eastside has back. I know they lost Lawson and another big contributor but cant remember his name.  If they even resemble what they had last year they will make it a game.  They were a very gritty bunch and seemed to be well coached the few games I seen them play.  I'll be at the game tomorrow.  I heard tonight that the JV would play around 6:30 and Varsity would follow.  I'll try to double check and find out for sure.

Thanks. I figured it would be around that time but I wanted to be sure. I went to many GC basketball Games last year and am interested to see them again. 

I tried to look on GCs Twitter page and didnt see anything.   I'll ask around and see what I can come up with.  I'd hate to get up there after that long drive and the game be halfway over. 

I'm interested in seeing how GC looks with the young guns from last years JV team.  They were great on defense and I feel Luke Reed will be one of the best rebounders to ever come through GC.  The kid has an unreal motor and plays with a chip on his shoulder.  I honestly think GC will be a bit better than some expect without McClung.  Scoring will be spread out and the defense should be much improved. The one area that concerns me will be point guard play.  I think John Compton is said to be the main PG but we will see.  I'm sure Dean will bring the ball up the court alot as well. 

Well GC won this one 78-67 after coming out hot in the 1st qtr and scoring almost 40 pts. GC led 37-16 at the end of the 1st.   But someone forgot to tell them it's a 4 qtr game.  They went cold and Eastside started lighting it up from deep. No rebounding and no defense from GC after the 1st qtr.  Eastside cut the lead to 8 at halftime.  I think they got as close as 5 in the 2nd half and then GC stretched it back out to a 14 or 15 pt lead once they finally hit a few buckets. 

This ball game was a tale of 2 totally different GC teams.  The potential for GC is there though.  But If I was a betting man I'd say they will run suicides til the cows come home.