VA Semifinals / WV Championship Updates

Deleted Account

Chilhowie has a better chance at winning a state title this year than last year. But Riverheads is different animal than Galax or any team Chilhowie has played all season. Chilhowie will need to play near perfect to beat Riverheads next weekend.

48 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

You said Reg C was weak. You sir, were correct.

Every blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.  😆

Region C had several good, but not great, teams.  They were very down.  Radford’s probably a 7-3 team in Region D.

24 minutes ago, trumpet1988 said:

I am going to watch both games. Wintry weather is possible around here in Roanoke Saturday but I couldn’t care less. I am going. 

I’m pretty sure the state games got moved to Sunday last year due to wintry weather...hope that doesn’t happen again 

1 hour ago, Null said:

Is this considered a statement win for chilhowie?

To quote Ric Flair "To be the man you gotta beat the man" and Riverheads has been the man in D1 for a long time. It's your time now Warriors

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

This is a bigger margin of victory than the 2001 team’s D3 semifinal over Liberty-Bedford.

Please don't mention Graham and 2001 in the same sentence...lol.  But seriously, congratulations to all the Graham faithful.  I like the G-Men's chances next week.  

7 minutes ago, Beamerball said:

So, there will be a "G" team winning it in Class 2A?  lol.....12 out of the last 17.

2002 George Wythe

2003 Gate City 

2004 Manassas Park

2005 Giles 

2006 Goochland 

2007 Gretna 

2008 Gretna 

2009 Essex

2010 Gate City 

2011 Gretna 

2012 Goochland 

2013 Giles 

2014 Glenvar 

2015-17 Appomattox 

2018 Graham/Goochland. 

Ok this is why I will stop making predictions. I thought either team wouldnt win by more than 2 TDs but i gave Graham the edge in this one. You just never know in football. Who knows the state game could be close to the end or Graham could win by 40 or goochland could win by 40. I do know from the past if it's a stellar offense going up against a stellar defense, defense usually wins. Ex. Richlands vs Poqouson, Richlands vs Appo x2. But I have no clue about goochland D without seeing it in person. Not gonna go by scores. Like one poster said, u just don't know the level of competition out that way if you're not familiar with them. People were blowing up ER I even jumped on and thought they were unbeatable. Fool me once I guess. But with that said go Graham from a Richlands fan. Go win it! They will have a shot if they limit mistakes and turnovers. Might make the trip if the weather isnt bad even though i already subscribed to NFHS. 

6 minutes ago, trumpet1988 said:

2002 George Wythe

2003 Gate City 

2004 Manassas Park

2005 Giles 

2006 Goochland 

2007 Gretna 

2008 Gretna 

2009 Essex

2010 Gate City 

2011 Gretna 

2012 Goochland