Graham/Goochland: VA 2A Championship

Deleted Account

I got Graham by 3 points. I was way overly confident the last time the GMen plyed for the title and it felt like a given Graham would beat Harrisonburg after the Liberty beatdown. We had incredible athletes all over the field and it kind of feels a bit like back then with the athletes, big offense, and explosive semifinals performance.

Therefore, I learned my lesson years ago. What is different from back then is./was.......Harrisonburg was 7-3 in regular season unlike Goochland this year, and Goochland has won 2 titles in the last 12-13 years so this upcoming game kind of has the feel of a tossup game  

Graham came out ready to play today. They certainly didn't look like they were playing for 2nd place, oh wait, East Rock lost. GMen will be ready again next week. It should be a close one but I'm taking Graham for the win. Their defense is lights out! Offense worked well today and was patient. Took 6 minutes for first TD and that was great!  They played smart & hard.  I see them playing smart and hard next week and able to make adjustments when needed. 

I say when the final buzzer sounds, the Gmen will be shining like a diamond in a goats ass!  Goochland will make a game if it first a quarter or so.....then the flood gates break free.  Cam will go off and the State Title will reside again in SWVA.  Good luck fellas.  Hope you saved some room for dessert after that trouncing of Radford.   

Gmen 42

Gooches 21

I know absolutely nothing about goochland but graham has a team that I think can get it done. I think there may be a good chance SWVA has 2 state championship titles come home after next Saturday 

I went to the VA peeps site for the first time in years this week and it was a lock that Rockingham was going to win today 😂.

Congrats to the G-Men.  I was able to watch most of the game today and they looked good.....and inspired.  Hope next week is the same result!

1 hour ago, RiverRat24 said:

I say when the final buzzer sounds, the Gmen will be shining like a diamond in a goats ass!  Goochland will make a game if it first a quarter or so.....then the flood gates break free.  Cam will go off and the State Title will reside again in SWVA.  Good luck fellas.  Hope you saved some room for dessert after that trouncing of Radford.   

Gmen 42

Gooches 21

I like your way of thinking!

Just got home from the ER/Goochland game...Was a tough one for ER.  First trip deep into the playoffs and it showed.  Goochland was more prepared and it showed.  On the field and the sidelines.  Goochland earned/deserves this trip to the finals.

Goochland reminded me of the Salem teams of late.  They don't really do one thing that stands out or overwhelms you.  They just did everything well.  I think if Graham gets out front, Goochland does not have the explosiveness to play catch up.  But what the heck do I know?  I thought ER would win it all.  Ive got one unhappy camper who now has to get ready for the hardcourt.

Good luck to Graham. 

13 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Graham came out ready to play today. They certainly didn't look like they were playing for 2nd place, oh wait, East Rock lost. GMen will be ready again next week. It should be a close one but I'm taking Graham for the win. Their defense is lights out! Offense worked well today and was patient. Took 6 minutes for first TD and that was great!  They played smart & hard.  I see them playing smart and hard next week and able to make adjustments when needed. 

Keep on taking shots. This is, what, the 3rd post you’ve done it?

Congrats to Goochland. They did what I (and many others, based on the bracket challenges on both sites) didn’t think possible. 

So yes, I was wrong. Have been before. Will be again. 

I will eat my crow heated, please. 

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Keep on taking shots. This is, what, the 3rd post you’ve done it?

Congrats to Goochland. They did what I (and many others, based on the bracket challenges on both sites) didn’t think possible. 

So yes, I was wrong. Have been before. Will be again. 

I will eat my crow heated, please. 

All in good natured fun my friend...not even you can be right 100% of the time but you're pretty accurate a lot of the time so I still give you high marks.  Now, go GMen and bring that 2A title back to SWVA! 

14 hours ago, RiverRat24 said:

Gmen 42

Gooches 21

"Shining like a diamond in a goats ass". 😂😂😂

Graham has not seen anyone with any talent close to what Bluefield had since they played Bluefield. Goochland is close. Goochland has a rookie coach but the old one that led them to so much success is now the AD and still around to help. Graham 28-27.

17 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

If Graham plays like they did yesterday ... it will be lights out for any opposition. As someone has already pointed out, this semifinal blowout has 2001 deja vu written all over it! I remember that day well ... Pulaski County was being upset by Lafayette in the first game and I remember thinking this may not go well for SWVA schools. Unfortunately, I was right and it was a looong ride back to Bluefield that evening. 

I am still celebrating yesterday's win knowing that ...

We're Back! 😉

Goochland traditionally runs double tight/double wing and is very, very physical.  They have added some wing action out of the shotgun recently.  I have talked with a Goochland alum that I know, during the season, and he expected to be in the finals and told me they are very good.  Like someone posted earlier, not many weaknesses.  If Graham get off to a fast start and can score quick....look out.  However, if Goochland slows the pace, Graham may get a bloody nose.  Regardless, these are the two best 2A teams in the state and the game will be a tremendous state final.  Good luck G-Men, represent Tazewell County well.