Graham/Goochland: VA 2A Championship

Deleted Account

4 minutes ago, 99Bama said:

How do you think Graham's defense stacks up against them? 

I've stated this before and don't say it lightly, the Graham defense that I saw against Union is 2nd only to 2016 Appo in it's speed, aggressiveness and ability to stop the run that I have personally seen since 2011. Goochland is going to get theirs because they didn't make it this far by being bad, but I think that Graham's D coupled with all the options on offense is going to be too much. Now, with that being said, Graham has to bring their A game. I don't think their B game will be better than Goochland's A game.

5 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

. Now, with that being said, Graham has to bring their A game. I don't think their B game will be better than Goochland's A game.

Agree!  No offense to any teams/coaches Graham has faced.  That includes Turner and Mance and Simon and all of the rest including Radford's Saunders.  Goochland will be at Least the best coached football team Graham will have seen.  Don't let the "Goochland has a new coach in his first year," fool you.  Goochland's long time coach is still the AD and he's around the program and the guy running the show has been his protege for a good while, and this guy is sharp.  Equally important, the new coach does a bit more offensively than the former coach/current AD, and much like Graham, Goochland has improved at a much higher rate since game one than what most other teams improve until this point in the season.  Graham is playing a very, very good football team tomorrow and I promise you (my opinion, so not really a promise), if Graham turns over 3 times, we lose the football game.  If Graham turns over 2 times or less, we are state champs.  Goochland's D is far, far better than Radford; or Union's or Richlands D (no offense to either one) for this year 2018), it's closer to Bluefield's and we will move the ball, but we aren't scoring every 3 or 4 plays like on Radford.  Goochland will require the G-Men to take some time off the clock in scoring which is fine, but turning the ball over can be a problem.  Their run game is very good and I think the G-Men stop em pretty dang good, but it only takes an off sides on 3rd and 4, or a face-mask on 3rd and 6, or a personal foul on a 3rd and 3 in which we stop em, but they get the first and shorten the game.  High School football is only 12 minute quarters and Goochland's coach is more than aware of that.  If the G-Men don't have over 60 yards in penalties and don't turn over more than 2 times, we win the state title.  If we turn over the 3 times, Goochland will win their third in 12 years.  <----All of that is just my take on it and yes, I'm a homer so it is what it is.  Graham wins this thing 27-24.

Wishing my best friend and the GMen good luck tomorrow! Be Goochland's kryptonite, make them play your game! I am very proud of all the coaches and players. I'll be there cheering loud and proud and hoping to celebrate 2A State Championship with you all when clock hits 00:00! 

1 hour ago, FootballFan67 said:

Wishing my best friend and the GMen good luck tomorrow! Be Goochland's kryptonite, make them play your game! I am very proud of all the coaches and players. I'll be there cheering loud and proud and hoping to celebrate 2A State Championship with you all when clock hits 00:00! 

Well said!

Good luck Gmen leave it all on the field today!!!!! Before the game take a look around soak it all in and I hope you appreciate the moment that your in enjoy it you've worked hard all year to get to this point and win or lose this has been a special season and those don't come around all that often.

1 hour ago, Rhschamps04 said:

Good luck Gmen leave it all on the field today!!!!! Before the game take a look around soak it all in and I hope you appreciate the moment that your in enjoy it you've worked hard all year to get to this point and win or lose this has been a special season and those don't come around all that often.

From a Graham fan ... thank you!

15 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Can watch it live on, shoot the link didn’t copy. Brb!

Can you watch it free or do you have to pay the $9.99 monthly to watch? (I downloaded the app in the App Store)