Weather this weekend

Single_A_Fan

In sure they'll have someone inspect the field on Tuesday and say it's good to go. On Friday some delegate will get a burr under his saddle and the field will be inspected a second time. At that point we'll decide to move the game to who knows where. But I'm sure it will be the best location for all involved. 

14 minutes ago, 99Bama said:

In sure they'll have someone inspect the field on Tuesday and say it's good to go. On Friday some delegate will get a burr under his saddle and the field will be inspected a second time. At that point we'll decide to move the game to who knows where. But I'm sure it will be the best location for all involved. 

We might get the first football game on ice.

5 minutes ago, Single_A_Fan said:

That's what I'm thinking makes the most sense.

Wonder what times works work in order to get two games in?

I don't think you can unless you want to miss a lot of school.  I would suggest one of the games at Salem and one at Vinton at William Byrd.

These little extended forecast graphics from various sites and apps show a forecast simulation from a constantly changing model.  The disturbances to promote this storm system and the set up aren't anywhere near yet.  The only thing that looks fairly certain is a storm system will likely develop somewhere across the deep south and track through the southeast and mid-Atlantic region this weekend...details aren't close to being known.

When GMan's joints ache...be concerned 😄

11 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Weather keeps improving. 40 and partly sunny now.

I live in Roanoke and they are still keeping a close eye on it. At the moment they THINK—based on models—that any snow will be late Saturday night and early Sunday morning into Monday. It will probably change a thousand times before then. 

If it tracks the way the European model currently shows then it will be snowy. 

4 hours ago, Beamerball said:

These little extended forecast graphics from various sites and apps show a forecast simulation from a constantly changing model.  The disturbances to promote this storm system and the set up aren't anywhere near yet.  The only thing that looks fairly certain is a storm system will likely develop somewhere across the deep south and track through the southeast and mid-Atlantic region this weekend...details aren't close to being known.

When GMan's joints ache...be concerned 😄

Yep...any weather forecast more than 3 days out is worthless. 

1 hour ago, GMan said:

The weather forecast at 3 days out is worthless...

It may not be a slam dunk, particularly if there's a storm track involved, but the 3 day outlook is way more valid. A 7 day outlook is for entertainment purposes. 

23 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

I don't trust that underground network, or any forecast for that matter.

Working with a weatherman has opened my eyes quite a bit. I trust David’s forecasts with my life at this point. He’s usually spot on. 

24 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Working with a weatherman has opened my eyes quite a bit. I trust David’s forecasts with my life at this point. He’s usually spot on. 

So what's he saying about Saturday in Salem?