Chilhowie/Riverheads, Part II: VA 1A Championship

Deleted Account

2 hours ago, Single_A_Fan said:

More sourgrapes. You Rebels and Canes making yourselves look bad. You got beat. Take your lumps and move on. Good Lord. 

I'm making predictions on who I think is going to win the game if you think I give 2 rats a$$es if I make myself look bad because I might be wrong on the pick you've got it all wrong Good Lord

2 hours ago, Single_A_Fan said:

More sourgrapes. You Rebels and Canes making yourselves look bad. You got beat. Take your lumps and move on. Good Lord. 

Good Lord is right ! Was just wondering if it gives either team an advantage... Don't let my username make you judge me

I don't think the Rebels and the Canes were the only two fan bases that noticed how much crying and slobbering Chilhowie did on Social Media about the change of Venue!  Take 20 minutes and look at how ridiculous Chilhowie's fan base looked for the entire state to see!

10 minutes ago, @38Superpower82 said:

I don't think the Rebels and the Canes were the only two fan bases that noticed how much crying and slobbering Chilhowie did on Social Media about the change of Venue!  Take 20 minutes and look at how ridiculous Chilhowie's fan base looked for the entire state to see!

Or link us up bud.

14 minutes ago, @38Superpower82 said:

I'm sure if it had been your hometown team getting screwed out of having a voice in where the game they earned the right to host would be played you would have been just as vocal bro.  

This is why this board is so good. Everyone gets to voice an opinon. I like to look at facts so Chilhowie has 20 srs that has started a bunch of games and 3-4 of them have been big games. Riverheads has 17 srs and although they have not played in as many games they  are going to their 4th straight state title game. Advantage Riverheads. Chilhowie has a tremendous defense you don't go through a long season and not be great when you give up 91 points. Riverheads gets a lot of comments on their offense but if you ask anyone on that end of the state they talk about their defense.  In this area I think teams are even (more) on this in a moment.

Offensivley Chilhowie has been good with a bunch of weapons although on this level I think Cale and Sanchez are the work horses. The other guys are role players at best. The wild card is Branson. That kid is a man he gets a bunch of credit and well deserved for his defensive play but when he gets a few touches he is hard to tackle. He needs to be involved more. Now on the Riverheads offense. It is power run and they are known for it. Chilhowie this year played 9 of 10 teams that were spread type of offense only Patrick Henry ran the ball. The offense at PH is similar to Riverheads but not close in efficincy. PH scored 23 points and had 290 yards on offense on the first team. that to me is a risk factor for the Chilhowie faithful. Slight advantage Riverheads.

Intangibles- Chilhowie is hungry and determined and after last years game not sure Riverheads will have the same fire. Advantage Chilhowie

I think it is a classic hard hitting game and Riverheads scores late to pull away 28-14.

Good luck to the Warriors as SW VA needs a state Title.

1 hour ago, @38Superpower82 said:

Unfortunately he is correct here. The way their fan base acted on social Media was embarrassing. Even at the game their fans was still saying that Galax was to blame for the move.  Even the announcer 3 or 4 times would announce (we would like to thank Northwood for letting us have our game here) and the crowd would go nuts.  Unfortunately even if they win that is what the rest of the state will remember. You know it's bad when the director of the VHSL was dishing them on TV that they thought it was a move  to help Galax. And to ask a delegate to get involved lol.

I understand that it really just has been the past two years that Chilhowie has came on the scene and the fan base Is probably more excited than most schools, I get that. But with all the talk and expectation placed on these kids if they don't win it will be tough on them. The town may actually implode. 

As far as a link, go to Facebook and type in Chilhowies field. It will take you hours. 

On another note Sanchez gets alot of publicity and understandibly so, although in my opinion, Cale is what makes the team what it is 

7 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

Another newb to the board who's going to "educate" us on good football... 

Welcome to the Thunder Dome lil guy, good luck.

Better bring a box of tissues to the game , you and your buddies will need them ! lol

J I Burton enrollment is apx. 220...finished 9-3.

Lost to Union 652.

Lost to Chilhowie 397.

Lost to Patrick Henry 420.

Beat Lee 666.

Beat Eastside 411.

Beat Honaker 343.

Beat Grundy 415

Beat Castlewood 272.

Beat Thomas Walker 252.

Not bad for 20 helmets..congratulations Black Raiders!!

Will the coach of the Warriors take his team on a trip around the world then back thru Va Tech so they can loose all focus on the game this time or did he grow up as well ? Last year was a joke !  To much on young kids plates . jmo

28 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

Will the coach of the Warriors take his team on a trip around the world then back thru Va Tech so they can loose all focus on the game this time or did he grow up as well ? Last year was a joke !  To much on young kids plates . jmo

That's probably the silliest thing I've ever read on here. What does that have to do with the football game? From that logic they must have been thinking about VT the whole game instead of thinking of Riverheads.. The team who won the championship the year before, and also the first time Chilhowie has been to that stage in how many years? Yeah dude I'm sure VT was all they thought about

On 12/2/2018 at 7:10 PM, @38Superpower82 said:

Searched Chilhowie Football Field on Facebook. They should be embarrassed! Blaming Galax accusing VHSL of showing favoritism to visiting team. Everyone will remember their pettiness and whining over a game they could have won just as easily at E & H. I still want them to bring 1A title home to SWVA especially for their players but their fan base is as you said ridiculous! 

7 minutes ago, Null said:

That's probably the silliest thing I've ever read on here. What does that have to do with the football game? From that logic they must have been thinking about VT the whole game instead of thinking of Riverheads.. The team who won the championship the year before, and also the first time Chilhowie has been to that stage in how many years? Yeah dude I'm sure VT was all they thought about

Coach took his team totally out of focus last year . When dealing with young kids like yourself , they just don't understand !

40 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Searched Chilhowie Football Field on Facebook. They should be embarrassed! Blaming Galax accusing VHSL of showing favoritism to visiting team. Everyone will remember their pettiness and whining over a game they could have won just as easily at E & H. I still want them to bring 1A title home to SWVA especially for their players but their fan base is as you said ridiculous! 

It wasn't everyone because the Warriors have a lot of fans. I for one didn't care where they played so I didn't do any whining. Or did I act childish. And it wasn't their whole fan base. I understand what a few bad apples do but the way things are worded should be thought of before accusing everyone. 

I just found out that coach Dixon from Galax lost his father Friday night before the game!! Wow, I am amazed that the man could pull himself together to be at the game. Between this news and his interview with Coalfield last week, my respect for him went way up. Prayers for him and his family.