VA Championship Updates

Deleted Account

6 yards isnt a lot but maybe Chilhowie wasnt sure it was worth the risk of giving Riverheads the ball at the 20 if they missed it.  Who knows though.  Not sure what the wind is like up there today but it can be tough in that stadium it seems to me.

5 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

6 yards isnt a lot but maybe Chilhowie wasnt sure it was worth the risk of giving Riverheads the ball at the 20 if they missed it.  Who knows though.  Not sure what the wind is like up there today but it can be tough in that stadium it seems to me.

Unless the wind is whipping at 20+ MPH, I’m taking the 3 there every time. A decent HS kicker should be able to hit a 31-yard FG.  Not sure of Chilhowie’s kicking situation though.  I’m just hoping this doesn’t come back to bite them.  

6 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Unless the wind is whipping at 20+ MPH, I’m taking the 3 there every time. A decent HS kicker should be able to hit a 31-yard FG.  Not sure of Chilhowie’s kicking situation though.  I’m just hoping this doesn’t come back to bite them.  

There is no doubt this is going to be a game of limited possessions so I dont completely disagree.  I believe Chilhowies kicker has been pretty solid this year from a freshman if I am not mistaken.

Chilhowie needs to consider more spread/passing looks or formations on early downs.  I know that's not Chilhowie's preference, but Riverheads weakness is their secondary.  They are not very fast and on 2 pass attempts I've seen by Chilhowie, guys are running wide open.  Always easier said than done of course, but Chilhowie is not going to three yards and a cloud of dust Riverheads.  Their interior and up front is to stingy against the run.  Hopefully Chilhowie gets this W.  The first drive will be key.  I expect Chilhowie widens the formations a bit and throws on some of the earlier downs.