All Region selections

TheErvintonRebels

41 minutes ago, TheErvintonRebels said:

Just curious how exactly the All region teams are picked?Not putting any kid down or trying to start a keyboard war but some things just don’t add up?

Ok here is how it works.  And I used to be involved when they would do the selecting.  Coach A and Coach B are friends, Coach A says to Coach B, Hey vote for my kids and ill vote for yours.  All head coaches from region get together and each coach has a list of players they nominated.  all coaches vote for who they want but cannot vote for there own kids.  A lot of political involvement or whos mommy cries too much or whos daddy kisses a%$.  Anyone says different then they are not speaking the truth or has never been in the room when the voting was going on.  Each coach has anywhere from 2 to 5 kids they want on 1st team all other kids are just roll players.  When a team has a back go for 2000 yards or so and that back is all everything but only one lineman,  is 1st team then something is wrong.  Makes the said linemen, receiver, QB ect: not wanna play or at least put forth max effort.  Now I am a big supporter of to the victor goes the spoils and Graham got the shaft bad on all region team.

43 minutes ago, TheErvintonRebels said:

Just curious how exactly the All region teams are picked?Not putting any kid down or trying to start a keyboard war but some things just don’t add up?

It’s 100% about how much their coach “goes to bat” for them at the meetings. It’s an extremely flawed process, believe me. Especially if the coach is an egomaniacal jackass.

Im not a bitter dad either. My kid has been one of the most decorated football players to come out of VHS in decades.

47 minutes ago, Bigtom said:

Ok here is how it works.  And I used to be involved when they would do the selecting.  Coach A and Coach B are friends, Coach A says to Coach B, Hey vote for my kids and ill vote for yours.  All head coaches from region get together and each coach has a list of players they nominated.  all coaches vote for who they want but cannot vote for there own kids.  A lot of political involvement or whos mommy cries too much or whos daddy kisses a%$.  Anyone says different then they are not speaking the truth or has never been in the room when the voting was going on.  Each coach has anywhere from 2 to 5 kids they want on 1st team all other kids are just roll players.  When a team has a back go for 2000 yards or so and that back is all everything but only one lineman,  is 1st team then something is wrong.  Makes the said linemen, receiver, QB ect: not wanna play or at least put forth max effort.  Now I am a big supporter of to the victor goes the spoils and Graham got the shaft bad on all region team.

Agreed but I am biased. I don't begrudge any player that made the team, however, it is definitely a flawed process it seems. 

i looked at 1a region and was amazed burton qb didnt even make 2nd team. his team beat the qb who was 1st team and had 5 total tds against them. his team also beat the 2nd team qb in the region playoffs. his wide recievers made 1st and 2nd team but none of the recivers from 1st and 2nd team qbs made it. its a buddy system ans every body dislikes jimbo i get that but thats not fair to the kids at all.

It’s also very upperclassmen oriented. The younger kid will make it next year. We had a kid one time at QB hang 300 plus yards on both our biggest rivals, throw a ton of touchdowns and not make even honorable mention in the district. One of the best teams in school history. We also held the 1st team guy to pitiful stats head to head, and beat his team by 35. I know everyone has those stories but that’s probably the worst I ever saw.