Top 10 Girls Basketball Players In SWVA

ShadyMcGrady

The one's I have seen play in no particular order.

Essence Brown - Galax - 1C Player of the Year and 1st Team All-State last season. Singed a Letter of Intent to play basketball at George Washington University.

Shae Foxx - Galax - 1st Team 1C and 2nd Team All-State last year as a sophomore. 

Madi Dalton - Carroll - 1st Team 4D and 2nd Team All-State last season.

Drea Betts - George Wythe - 1st Team 1C last year as a freshman.

The following were either 1st or 2nd Team All-State a year ago as underclassmen.

Breana Yarber - Patrick Henry GS

Leanne McNurry - Honaker

Taylor Ownes - Virginia

Brook Porter - Central

Amaya Lee - Virginia

Olivia Mullins - Cenral

Nicole Counts - Ridgeview

Payton Carter - Abingdon

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

The one's I have seen play in no particular order.

Essence Brown - Galax - 1C Player of the Year and 1st Team All-State last season. Singed a Letter of Intent to play basketball at George Washington University.

Shae Foxx - Galax - 1st Team 1C and 2nd Team All-State last year as a sophomore. 

Madi Dalton - Carroll - 1st Team 4D and 2nd Team All-State last season.

Drea Betts - George Wythe - 1st Team 1C last year as a freshman.

The following were either 1st or 2nd Team All-State a year ago as underclassmen.

Breana Yarber - Patrick Henry GS

Leanne McNurry - Honaker

Taylor Ownes - Virginia

Brook Porter - Central

Amaya Lee - Virginia

Olivia Mullins - Cenral

Nicole Counts - Ridgeview

Payton Carter - Abingdon

Everyone has left out Bailey Frazier of Ridgeview --Player of the year and signed to play with Pikeville.. And Dee Cvetnich of Central Wise will be playing college

22 minutes ago, Hokie777 said:

Everyone has left out Bailey Frazier of Ridgeview --Player of the year and signed to play with Pikeville.. And Dee Cvetnich of Central Wise will be playing college

Love how you say "everyone" in a thread that had one reply prior to yours...........but I digress!  Since you quoted me with your response, here is mine!

The first category in my original post lists players I have seen.  Which should be self explanatory given the heading of that grouping of players in my original post reads "The one's I have seen play in no particular order."  The second category is clearly labeled "The following were either 1st or 2nd Team All-State a year ago as underclassmen."  I took that information directly from the VHSLCA flyer distributed in late March.  Bailey Frazier is listed as a senior in that email.  If that isn't the case, the reigning Class 2 State Player of the Year would be most deserving of any list of top players from our region. Dee Cvetnich was not selected as an All-State performer last season which, given the heading of the second grouping of players on my list, would disqualify her from said list.

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

Love how you say "everyone" in a thread that had one reply prior to yours...........but I digress!  Since you quoted me with your response, here is mine!

The first category in my original post lists players I have seen.  Which should be self explanatory given the heading of that grouping of players in my original post reads "The one's I have seen play in no particular order."  The second category is clearly labeled "The following were either 1st or 2nd Team All-State a year ago as underclassmen."  I took that information directly from the VHSLCA flyer distributed in late March.  Bailey Frazier is listed as a senior in that email.  If that isn't the case, the reigning Class 2 State Player of the Year would be most deserving of any list of top players from our region. Dee Cvetnich was not selected as an All-State performer last season which, given the heading of the second grouping of players on my list, would disqualify her from said list.

Actually, Dee Cvetnich was selected first-team all state by VHSL & VHSCA for the 2017-18 season as a junior. 

2018_gb__2a_all_state_teams (1).pdf

Scan Dec 19, 2018.pdf

No particular order. I named 12 instead of 10 though. 

Bailey Frazier (Ridgeview)

Dee Cvetnich (Central)

LeeAnna McNulty (Honaker)

Peyton Carter (Abingdon)

Sarah Thompson (Gate City)

Essence Brown (Galax)

Taylor Owens (VA High)

Emili Brooks (Union)

Breanna Yarber (Patrick Henry)

Nikole Counts (Ridgeview)

Brook Porter (Central)

Olivia Mullins (Central)

22 minutes ago, EliteSWVAFan said:

Actually, Dee Cvetnich was selected first-team all state by VHSL & VHSCA for the 2017-18 season as a junior. 

2018_gb__2a_all_state_teams (1).pdf

Scan Dec 19, 2018.pdf

Strange!  The first pdf you shared doesn't match the email I pulled my information from.  Then again, the email lists Bailey Frazier as a senior and spells LeeAnna McNulty's name as Leanne McNurry.  Go figure.

Pretty much those players listed in this thread are the cream of the crop for SWVA.  Some serious talent.

4 hours ago, EliteSWVAFan said:

No particular order. I named 12 instead of 10 though. 

Bailey Frazier (Ridgeview)

Dee Cvetnich (Central)

LeeAnna McNulty (Honaker)

Peyton Carter (Abingdon)

Sarah Thompson (Gate City)

Essence Brown (Galax)

Taylor Owens (VA High)

Emili Brooks (Union)

Breanna Yarber (Patrick Henry)

Nikole Counts (Ridgeview)

Brook Porter (Central)

Olivia Mullins (Central)

8 of your 12 are all in the same conference.  Whichever team survives M7 and Region D will have truly earned it.

I was chatting with someone from this site last night about some of these girls playing on the same AAU team.  I was also talking to the dad of one of the girls mentioned in this thread a few times.  He has been a close family friend of mine for 38 years.  His younger daughter is only an 8th grader and plays for the same AAU team as a lot of these girls.  We have some seriously talented girls coming along that are learning how to compete from a lot of the girls mentioned within this thread. 

I've said it for years on this site, football gets all the attention but girls basketball and softball are by far and away the most consistently dominant programs across SWVA.

22 hours ago, sixcat said:

Hey! You got me there ! Was in a rush when responding ! Was not trying to be combative! I'm just from the area where these two girls Bailey and Dee battle each other! God bless!

1 hour ago, Hokie777 said:

Hey! You got me there ! Was in a rush when responding ! Was not trying to be combative! I'm just from the area where these two girls Bailey and Dee battle each other! God bless!

You don't owe me an apology or explanation.  I owe you one!  Very difficult day yesterday dealing with state bureaucratic BS and it seeped into my post.  Not offering an excuse.  It is what it is.

From what my friend was telling me last night, those girls can play.  I need to get out and see them sometime before the end of this season.

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

You don't owe me an apology or explanation.  I owe you one!  Very difficult day yesterday dealing with state bureaucratic BS and it seeped into my post.  Not offering an excuse.  It is what it is.

From what my friend was telling me last night, those girls can play.  I need to get out and see them sometime before the end of this season.

This time of year can be so hectic! Folks are stressed out with late minute shopping and in a rush! Merry Christmas my friend to you and your family! I hope you can enjoy some leisure time and rest with your family!

1 hour ago, Hokie777 said:

This time of year can be so hectic! Folks are stressed out with late minute shopping and in a rush! Merry Christmas my friend to you and your family! I hope you can enjoy some leisure time and rest with your family!

The end of year stuff professionally has gotten out of control the past few years.  Leisure time starts this afternoon though!

Have a Merry Christmas!

• 2 weeks later...