Richlands vs Abingdon

Gridiron60

I wasn't there but maybe some of you were, sounds like the boys game was a barn burner coming down to buzzer beater. How are Blues going to stack up against Graham? Thoughts? 

Girls game, well...they're a young team I believe. Earls seems to be their biggest play maker. 

5 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

There's no hope for Richlands to sniff within 40 points of Graham if they can't beat a team that lost to Northwood.

The SWD girls is Virginia High and Lebanon.  Everyone else is playing for third.

SWD girl's side is way down compared to the Mountain. If VA High played in the Mountain they could struggle to finish in the top 4. 

11 hours ago, Widespread_Panic said:

SWD girl's side is way down compared to the Mountain. If VA High played in the Mountain they could struggle to finish in the top 4. 

What happened? Did VHS lose a lot to graduation? They were competitive with the best of the M7 last year.

You've got powerhouses Wise, Ridgeview, GC plus a very good Union team this year.

23 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

There's no hope for Richlands to sniff within 40 points of Graham if they can't beat a team that lost to Northwood.

The SWD girls is Virginia High and Lebanon.  Everyone else is playing for third.

Well , the Richlands girls cannot do any worse I guess than last year but it's got to hurt not having the Burton girl back. She could sink some 3s. As far as the boys, Fred Phillips probably won't ever see a season like the Blues had when Scottie Ball was a senior. He was fun to watch. 

7 hours ago, BigWinners said:

What happened? Did VHS lose a lot to graduation? They were competitive with the best of the M7 last year.

They are basically the same team as last year. I wouldn't say they were competitive with the M7 last year. Battle and Abingdon swept them last season. Union came close to knocking them off in the first round of regional play even though VA High was a 1 seed. They went on to upset Ridgeview and then lost to Central. The Bearcats live and die by the three. If they go cold they are capable of losing to any team. 

20 minutes ago, Widespread_Panic said:

They are basically the same team as last year. I wouldn't say they were competitive with the M7 last year. Battle and Abingdon swept them last season. Union came close to knocking them off in the first round of regional play even though VA High was a 1 seed. They went on to upset Ridgeview and then lost to Central. The Bearcats live and die by the three. If they go cold they are capable of losing to any team. 

I believe it was GC that almost beat them last year.  If I'm not mistaken they were up most of the game until the end.  VHS was the 1 seed and GC was the 4 seed from the M7.

5 hours ago, Widespread_Panic said:

I just remembered them beating GC then Ridgeview in the tourney.

On 12/20/2018 at 6:51 AM, Gridiron60 said:

I wasn't there but maybe some of you were, sounds like the boys game was a barn burner coming down to buzzer beater. How are Blues going to stack up against Graham? Thoughts? 

Girls game, well...they're a young team I believe. Earls seems to be their biggest play maker. 

Graham boys should go undefeated in the swd.  As good or better than last season once everybody is healthy.  Meadows will give a big body underneath to come and spell Dawson.  I heard he is practicing now (ankle)  Bluefield took advantage of Graham on the boards when Dawson was out of the game.  Cam and Lester had only one or 2 practices in.  They will be fine.  Bluefield may be their only regular season loss and they may get revenge at GMS 2nd time around.  Those are 2 very good teams.

Graham girls will finish near the bottom of the district.  

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

That's crazy to think that Graham is gonna be even better despite losing who was their best player in Darrin Martin. 

Addition by subtraction...

And just as I start to sing their praises, down go the G-Men.  Don't know what to say, Princeton wins 66-52.  Princeton is a pretty good team, but did not see this coming.  Back to the drawing boards.  Hopefully, the basketball team will do an impression of the football team and continue to improve as the season goes on.  They looked very impressive against Bluefield the other night, not so much tonight.