Gate City vs Science Hill

devilsfork

24 minutes ago, devilsfork said:

Does anyone know the Venue yet? I know SH has went back to their old gym a game or two this season, but never been to their new or old gym, only Freem Hall.

I am assuming the new one?  I think they only used the old one for a tournament they hosted recently so they could play two games simultaneously utilizing both gyms.  I'll be going there for the first time in January when DB plays there.

GC "should" win this one handily.  But they should have laid a monumental whipping on Boone and didnt.  However,  Zac had a bad game against Boone and shot 9 for 27 or 28 I think, was 2 of 13 from behind the arc, and missed 4 or 5 of his FTs.  If he has his normal performance and Brad can get going early I think GC wins by 15+. 

If they play like the did against Boone they will come away with an L against Science Hill.   

It is a super and it all starts at 3:30.  I believe this will be a very close game.  I hope I'm wrong but unless GC is hitting their shots and Zac is 100%, I think Science Hill wins this one.  I'm sure there will be a big crowd tonight and that will play into the favor of SH.  They've played way more games than GC so far up to this point as well.

GC played well for the first half of the game.  The 3rd was abysmal.....went 4 mins without scoring a point and let SH back in the game after leading by 20 pts.  But the stretched the lead back out nearly 20 pts again. This was the type performance I felt GC should have had against Boone as well.  Should not have been as close as it was at any point.

Good win boys.  Still lots of room for improvement too. 

20 minutes ago, RiverRat24 said:

GC played well for the first half of the game.  The 3rd was abysmal.....went 4 mins without scoring a point and let SH back in the game after leading by 20 pts.  But the stretched the lead back out nearly 20 pts again. This was the type performance I felt GC should have had against Boone as well.  Should not have been as close as it was at any point.

Good win boys.  Still lots of room for improvement too. 

If GC can play like they did in the first half the rest of the year, we would be just fine. Then things like what happened in the 3rd come along and leaves me wondering. We quit pushing the ball, let SH control us with their press even though we blew by it every time in the 1st half. We should have won by 25. We might at home, but overall GC had the lead the entire game. Plenty to work on, but we keep winning. We’ll take it!

9 minutes ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

If GC can play like they did in the first half the rest of the year, we would be just fine. Then things like what happened in the 3rd come along and leaves me wondering. We quit pushing the ball, let SH control us with their press even though we blew by it every time in the 1st half. We should have won by 25. We might at home, but overall GC had the lead the entire game. Plenty to work on, but we keep winning. We’ll take it!

I agree completely.   A 15 pt win is nothing to sneeze at but this game along with the Boone game should have been 30+ pt wins for GC.   But it leaves plenty for them to work on.  If Zac can get rolling early with the deep ball and get his rhythm......good luck to whoever were playing.  

Was good seeing Vermillion taking some shots tonight.  If he can make 2-3 of those per game and Compton keeps playing good D and making some steals and converting them into Layups like he did tonight and against Boone....I like GCs chances against just about anyone.   

GC better hold on to their jock strap though.  I have a feeling Wenonah is gonna take us out to the woodshed and give us a good thrashing in a few days at the Arby's Classic.   Hope I'm wrong!  Good luck GC.