Union @ Wise Central

Unionguy_2017

On 1/11/2019 at 7:50 PM, The U Bear said:

when did he make the state tourney? i know he hasnt at union. four years ago with mitchell jay gavin noakes slagle spears barjer and jake barnette couldnt get out of the first round with all that talent. only scored 53 points with a team that shoulda been in the 80s on a nightly basis. again just my opinion but he dont adjust his coaching to fit the talent he has. its his system no matter what. that team i mentioned shoulda been run and gun but he forced them to play slow halfcourt game. only good thing ill say is he gets his teams really nice stuff.

Tyler Vernon, Colby Addington team made state tournament and were a total collapse away from Final Four. 

Some of you guys lie more than Trump and are delusional.

It’s been years so I may be off on exact years but think about this, under Moore PV/Union:

Lost potential all-state post player Sam Vaughn yet made regional

Lost potential all-state forward Wes Slagle and was one game from state tournament 

Took over a program that hadn’t made a regional tournament since Preston Mitchell in the 90s, he made it first year won a crazy three team playoff.

Endured consolidation and first year of new school made state tournament 

Has never had a losing season

Only team from Wise Co to ever win a game in the Arby’s 

When they play in that tournament at UVA-Wise they always win

Tyler Vernon, Tyler Garrison, Jordan Martin and James Mitchell have all scored 1,000 points. Go look at the 1,000 point scorers at PV the previous era.

So Union faithful, you want to throw that away and be Central who has one regional win ever? How about Richlands and the problems they’ve had? Better yet, Ridgeview? How about John Battle who hasn’t had a good team since the late 90s? Lee, you want to have Lee’s success? Tazewell, Ridgeview, who? I know Va High, let’s have a rotating door as head coach? 

You people are fools. 

4 hours ago, #BBN said:

Exactly.....Central’s points where spread out last night, Hayes 14, Bishop 13, Vanover 9, Stallard 6, Elkins 4, Lester 3, Collins 2, Mullins 2, Allison 1.

Good team ball played last night by the Warriors, everyone stepping up at different times during the season!

Dude, never acknowledge Central does anything positive basketball wise. Haven't you learned that yet? They could have Giannis running the point feeding to Anthony Davis with Kawhi playing forward and I would still crack on them lolol

40 minutes ago, Burrell’s Pearls said:

Tyler Vernon, Colby Addington team made state tournament and were a total collapse away from Final Four. 

Some of you guys lie more than Trump and are delusional.

That's the big loss I always think of, the game Zach should have won. Other years were less talented or faced just better teams but that season, they fell apart on the biggest stage. 

29 minutes ago, Burrell’s Pearls said:

It’s been years so I may be off on exact years but think about this, under Moore PV/Union:

Lost potential all-state forward Wes Slagle and was one game from state tournament 

Took over a program that hadn’t made a regional tournament since Preston Mitchell in the 90s, he made it first year won a crazy three team playoff.

Tyler Vernon, Tyler Garrison, Jordan Martin and James Mitchell have all scored 1,000 points. Go look at the 1,000 point scorers at PV the previous era.

So Union faithful, you want to throw that away and be Central who has one regional win ever? How about Richlands and the problems they’ve had? Better yet, Ridgeview? How about John Battle who hasn’t had a good team since the late 90s? Lee, you want to have Lee’s success? Tazewell, Ridgeview, who? I know Va High, let’s have a rotating door as head coach? 

You people are fools. 

Just curious, who was the last 1,000 point scorer that only played for PV? Was it Jordan Martin? Or was it Brad? Can't remember if Jordan graduated from PV or Union. I know he was right around that age.

2 hours ago, GoBearsGo said:

Boy, over react much? How many votes did you have to get to become president if the Coach Moore Fan Club? 

He has faults, like anyone. Most notably the low roster this year, that’s totally inexcusable. Those 9th graders on the JV need to be moved up, I really have no logical explanation why this was not done immediately after Slagle injury. That said, the point remains outside of GC, he’s ran the most successful AA program in Region D. 

1974 PV STATE CHAMPS, lost in the Finals when BARRY HAMLER was a senior.BARRY HAMLER coached both college and high school in NORTH CAROLINA, , JERRY MYERS coached both at TOMMY WALKER andLEE HIGH.There is talent in big stone gap and appy, I think coach MOORE needs a very good asst. coach and any of these men could and would help if asked.look up burrells pearls, the big stone bombers,gosh darn it if they had three pointers back then!!!!!

4 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

1974 PV STATE CHAMPS, lost in the Finals when BARRY HAMLER was a senior.BARRY HAMLER coached both college and high school in NORTH CAROLINA, , JERRY MYERS coached both at TOMMY WALKER andLEE HIGH.There is talent in big stone gap and appy, I think coach MOORE needs a very good asst. coach and any of these men could and would help if asked.look up burrells pearls, the big stone bombers,gosh darn it if they had three pointers back then!!!!!

I’m well aware of the history. Union currently has three men on their boys basketball staff that played collegiate basketball. 

union has never made the state tournament. they won the district twice but have never advanced past region. in fact they have won only 1 regional game and that was last year over grayson county.

On 1/12/2019 at 10:08 PM, Burrell’s Pearls said:

You people are fools. 

Just because you played college basketball doesn’t mean you can coach basketball at any level. Some people just don’t have what it takes to transfer it over and teach another person. Seen it many of times around this region. Some of the best coaches I have seen never played the game they coach!!

9 hours ago, The U Bear said:

union has never made the state tournament. they won the district twice but have never advanced past region. in fact they have won only 1 regional game and that was last year over grayson county.

Glad somebody else called out that strange and inaccurate statement made above.  Graham and even Richlands have accomplished more, if you look strictly at results.

On 1/12/2019 at 10:08 PM, Burrell’s Pearls said:

You people are fools. 

Curious as to how many regional wins Union has?  That one win in the Arby's Classic would be more impressive if more Wise Co. teams had played in the Arby's , as Eastside and Union are the only Wise Co. teams to do so.

50 minutes ago, 50kw said:

Let's just consolidate all the Wise County schools and be done with it.

Now, now.  If you did that all those Wise County adults wouldn't be able to hate on other kids.  Well wait they probably still would, they would just hate on the kids at the one school that they didn't really even know.  Kind of like now except with more schools. Never mind, make it one school.  haha

Not sure what planet you guys are on but I was at the state tournament game against Fort Chiswell. We lost to Va High in Region D Finals. Tyler Vernon and Colby Addington were the best players on the team. Fort Chiswell had a D1 football player on the team if I remember correctly. 

This idea in our country that you can make stuff up and people believe it has gotten way out of hand. 

3 hours ago, Weatherman said:

Curious as to how many regional wins Union has?  That one win in the Arby's Classic would be more impressive if more Wise Co. teams had played in the Arby's , as Eastside and Union are the only Wise Co. teams to do so.

Union has won 4 regional games, won two district regular season titles, two district tournament titles and made one state tournament. Their first season of basketball was 2012, so again, can any of you all show me a team in AA Region D not named GC that has performed better. The only one I can would be Graham and that’s based off their final four run last year and they get a big benefit of playing in a league where the toughest competition (Richlands) has one regional win ever. 

17 hours ago, #BBN said:

Just because you played college basketball doesn’t mean you can coach basketball at any level. Some people just don’t have what it takes to transfer it over and teach another person. Seen it many of times around this region. Some of the best coaches I have seen never played the game they coach!!

I don’t think playing in college makes you Coach K but, I think Moore, Cussano and Donnie Jordan have a good track record. Jordan was a college assistant for years and a head coach of a high school at one time.

Who are these outstanding coaches in our area that never played the sport they coach? 

I didn’t say best coaches in this region, I am not downing Cusano, Jordan, or Coach Moore, I was just speaking in general because I could care less if the man goes 0-10000000, he’s a good guy and has always been nice to me and my family!  I think for what he has on his team he is doing a decent job!! Good luck to the Bears on the rest of the season.

6 hours ago, Burrell’s Pearls said:

Not sure what planet you guys are on but I was at the state tournament game against Fort Chiswell. We lost to Va High in Region D Finals. Tyler Vernon and Colby Addington were the best players on the team. Fort Chiswell had a D1 football player on the team if I remember correctly. 

This idea in our country that you can make stuff up and people believe it has gotten way out of hand. 

that was powell valley. union has never made the state yournament and has only 1 regional win and that was last year over grayson county

1 hour ago, The U Bear said:

that was powell valley. union has never made the state yournament and has only 1 regional win and that was last year over grayson county

You can keep saying that but it’s a lie. That was the first year of Union, the next year they lost in regional semis to GC and they beat Grayson last year. 

Someone make lying matter again!