Bluefield’s Sean Martin

EH31

Bluefield junior defensive end Sean Martin has received 3 more D1 offers in the last two days from Oregon, Utah, & Maryland. That brings his total up to 8 & counting. 

Since September he has been offered by:

1. WVU 

2. Marshall

3. Rutgers

4. Baylor

5. Temple 

6. Oregon

7. Utah 

8. Maryland 

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/sean-martin-233812

4 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

The rest of the nation is starting to recognize that SWVA can put out quality talent.

Southwest Virginia's been putting out D1 talent for years!!!

If Sean keeps up doing things the right way, a world of opportunities will open up for him!  Best of luck to Sean!

I was at that game last night and I don't recall watching a game end in that way before.

On 1/23/2019 at 9:00 PM, Bluefield researcher said:

And he just sunk the game winning free throw on the basketball game tonight!

18 hours ago, bhs7695 said:

If Sean keeps up doing things the right way, a world of opportunities will open up for him!  Best of luck to Sean!

I was at that game last night and I don't recall watching a game end in that way before.

What was it?  A foul as time expired in a tie game?

I remember vaguely a Region D final in the early 1990's, where Haysi's Tito Mock was fouled on a 3 as time expired in a tie game.  All he had to do was make 1 of 3 and we would've won.  He missed all 3 and we went to OT and lost.  I believe Twin Springs wound up winning it all that year.

Has Bluefield ever had this many D-1 prospects on a team all at once...they look to be loaded...i know social media has helped a lot so I wouldn't be surprised if they have had this much talent at once as good as they have been over the years...only if social media was around back in the day.

On 1/31/2019 at 8:34 PM, Real Sasquatch said:

I'm hearing that D. Powell got his first D 1 offer from Central Michigan last week, too.

Correct and he committed to CMU and coach Jim McElwain over the weekend.  Fantastic for him for this opportunity! Here's the article about it: http://www.cm-life.com/article/2019/02/deiyantei-powell-commits-central-michigan-football-chippewas-jim-mcelwain-mike-cummings-bluefield-west-virginia-recruit-commit-bio-story

I see Concord and schools in the WVIAC on the interest/commitment list for several of these local kids but I don't recall seeing BC much anywhere.  Does BC not even talk these local kids or is something else going on?

On 1/31/2019 at 9:05 PM, #1BLUESFAN said:

Has Bluefield ever had this many D-1 prospects on a team all at once...they look to be loaded...i know social media has helped a lot so I wouldn't be surprised if they have had this much talent at once as good as they have been over the years...only if social media was around back in the day.

Never seen this much attention from larger colleges towards members of one BHS football team before.  I remarked to a friend of mine over the weekend that Sean Martin could match the total D1 offers that Yubrenal Isabelle had in '96 and he was a Parade All American.

2 hours ago, bhs7695 said:

I see Concord and schools in the WVIAC on the interest/commitment list for several of these local kids but I don't recall seeing BC much anywhere.  Does BC not even talk these local kids or is something else going on?

BC would rather recruit Richmond/Hampton Roads and Florida than locally...

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2019 at 2:32 PM, GMan said:

BC would rather recruit Richmond/Hampton Roads and Florida than locally...

I asked why they didn't recruit locally a couple of years ago when Lusk took over (direct message).  I got a reply from the coaching staff that they were going to ramp up local recruiting.  I'm still waiting.  

• 7 months later...