Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Burrell’s Pearls

Central at Gate City

Recommended Posts

Sure hate ive got to work tomorrow night.  This was the game I had circled when the schedule came out....the one game I for sure didnt want to miss. I'll be very surprised if something wild doesnt happen again.

 I think GC puts together a solid game again and pulls away in the 3rd qtr.  GC isnt playing as well as they were in the first 4 or 5 games of the season though.   So it may be alot closer than the first matchup.   Never know what GC team will show up. 

GC by around 20-25. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fully expect a max effort from GC, this week is the week of the season! Central and Union. Beat them both and win the conference and put the doubters to bed for another season!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumor has it Ervin is a game time decision because of his knee as he went to the Dr yesterday over it. Why would you risk a kids future if something is wrong, he’s got a state title, scored over 2000 points in his career, and signed a LOI to play college basketball at a D1 school. Hopefully if something is wrong Vermillion and Ervin’s parents don’t risk his future to beat Central!!

Personally I hope the rumor is not true, because I never want to see a kid injured and not able to play!!!

Good Luck to both teams tonight!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

The ESPN thing is a hoax. Not true. The Ervin thing started last night. Not sure if true or not. 

I figured the ESPN wasn’t real, and I hope Ervin is not hurt, he has a bright future ahead of him and is a heck of a athlete....you know how rumors are they spread like wildfire, and I was just curious if anybody had any information on Ervin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The smoke around Ervin is warranted.....will be determined either by this Wednesday or next Wednesday whether the rumors become reality.   I spoke with an individual that would know the details 100% and cant remember which day he said they would know.  If what they speculate becomes fact.....its noooooook buenooooooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

61-36.

Best case scenario.....Ervin could be back in 4-5 weeks.  That's if it's best case scenario and thats very unlikely from what I've heard.  If it's the worst scenario I think its 6-8 weeks....and probably more on the latter side of that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hats to the whole GC team last night. I feel like everyone stepped and got things done without Ervin. Dean dropped 40 and we got 21 from the rest  of the team which is huge considering the rest of the team probably hasn’t combined for that much in a long while. Very good defense, looked like the days of old. Very happy with the team effort. GC now leads the series 17-0 in boys, poor McAnus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

Hats to the whole GC team last night. I feel like everyone stepped and got things done without Ervin. Dean dropped 40 and we got 21 from the rest  of the team which is huge considering the rest of the team probably hasn’t combined for that much in a long while. Very good defense, looked like the days of old. Very happy with the team effort. GC now leads the series 17-0 in boys, poor McAnus. 

Yes. Very proud of the team stepping up in the face of adversity. Hopefully they will stay highly motivated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sigh. Am afraid Zac's high school career might be over. Hate that. Had a chance to really climb the VHSL career scoring ladder. Those who know him, know that he is also a great kid.

Coach Vermillion...."It's a minor thing, and he could play right now, but that wouldn't be the wisest thing for his health. This is a wonderful game and a wonderful community, but this is a young man with a basketball future and we've got to do the right thing for him. We're going to allow him to get better before we play him again."

.......and just like that the M7 and Region is wide open.

However...........great effort last night. Lots of minutes played by lots of kids. Understandably took a little while for the team to get going. Saw the GC half court defense of old. GC gave up 21 first half points, and 15 second half points. Saw the offense move the ball around and work for a better shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty impressive performance by Dean, and the rest of the Devils.   Sorry to hear about Ervin's injury, hope he is able to return.  

Might this open the door for Union to possibly get the dub on Friday, as the Bears have been playing well since the Central loss?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Pretty impressive performance by Dean, and the rest of the Devils.   Sorry to hear about Ervin's injury, hope he is able to return.  

Might this open the door for Union to possibly get the dub on Friday, as the Bears have been playing well since the Central loss?

I hope the Bears ARE looking ahead to Friday night.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Union can't afford to overlook anyone. GC is still gonna win M7, but Union needs to beat everyone else and finish second. 

I'll see how GC looks Friday in BSG, if they are not clicking maybe Union could possibly win the M7 tourney. But  Wise isn't going away. If Union can finish second, they'll still have to beat Central again to may be advance to the Region D tourney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Union can't afford to overlook anyone. GC is still gonna win M7, but Union needs to beat everyone else and finish second. 

I'll see how GC looks Friday in BSG, if they are not clicking maybe Union could possibly win the M7 tourney. But  Wise isn't going away. If Union can finish second, they'll still have to beat Central again to may be advance to the Region D tourney.

Four teams make it to Region D out of M7.  All Union will have to do is win their first round district tournament game and they're in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×