Ridgeview @ Central

#BBN

Warriors by 10 plus. TJ has them playing well at the right time, they’re going to be a dangerous team in the tournament. 

Watched them against Lee the other night, they seem to play better when the Bishop boy (I think that’s his name) plays. He killed us and although he didn’t score much against Lee the flow of the game is just better. He’s an athlete and causes problems. Assuming they can rebound, Central is better playing small in my view.

First time poster, but long time reader of the board!

And i do have a niece and nephew that play for ridgeview, so im a lil biased

but i think that the girls game will be close with The Pack pulling away late to rain (or maybe snow?) on the warriors parade

The boys seem to be playing better and better with several close and overtime game losses, and im sure they will have plenty of confidence going into tonite

I see The Pack pulling a close one out tonight 

59 minutes ago, packfan17 said:

First time poster, but long time reader of the board!

And i do have a niece and nephew that play for ridgeview, so im a lil biased

but i think that the girls game will be close with The Pack pulling away late to rain (or maybe snow?) on the warriors parade

The boys seem to be playing better and better with several close and overtime game losses, and im sure they will have plenty of confidence going into tonite

I see The Pack pulling a close one out tonight 

It's pretty much a must win for the girls if they want any shot at the regular season district championship.

I agree about the boys.  Ever since the first Twin Valley game at The Knob (where they got blowed out), they've played about 250% better.  Coach Evan has found something that works and should be commended for it.

Didn’t sit the starters, but coaching kills them every time!!! Not taking nothing away from a Ridgeview team that played with a lot of heart and determination, but it’s beyond me how a Central team with that much talent can’t win in this district. Not sure if it’s just me but something has got to give starting at the top down for Central boys basketball.

Central had the ball with 13 seconds left, throw the ball in and they are down 1 and take a three from the corner? Why would you not drive to the basket and try and draw a foul and have the other 4 crashing the boards for the possibility of a put back!!!

Played small for the most part of the game!!! Bishop play most of 1st qtr, all of 2nd and 3rd qtr.....has 9 points, 2 blocks, and a few rebounds and sat the whole 4th qtr!! Why? It’s beyond me and the other fans in the stands!!!

1 hour ago, #BBN said:

Didn’t sit the starters, but coaching kills them every time!!! Not taking nothing away from a Ridgeview team that played with a lot of heart and determination, but it’s beyond me how a Central team with that much talent can’t win in this district. Not sure if it’s just me but something has got to give starting at the top down for Central boys basketball.

The same way they didn't win when they had Caleb Mills and company. That squad should have been a solid contender. It blows my mind how mediocrity for years upon years and nothing changes:(

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe in basketball the M7 and SWD (including Grayson) have a 1-4 seed. #1 in the M7 plays #4 in the SWD and so on.   What confuses me is if it’s based on regular season play or tournament outcome. 

I would think Grayson would be either the 2 or 3 from the SWD side. I’m not familiar with them but I read on another post I believe they are better than most in the SWD besides Graham of course. I suppose if Central loses 2 next week they could drop out. But there again I’m not clear on how seeding is affected by the district tourney. 

1 hour ago, Burrell’s Pearls said:

How does Grayson fit in, are they having a good year? I guess hypothetically if Central lost to Union and Battle next week they could miss regional?

Central doesn’t have Battle, they have Union and Abingdon! 

On 2/1/2019 at 10:20 PM, Unchained said:

Central 61-51 in girls

I do believe Frazier has lost his mind

and i believe Robin Dotson owns it 

Im hoping that Union or Abingdon can knock off the Warriors this week and that the PACK get another chance at them

39 minutes ago, packfan17 said:

I do believe Frazier has lost his mind

and i believe Robin Dotson owns it 

Im hoping that Union or Abingdon can knock off the Warriors this week and that the PACK get another chance at them

Right now, the Pack girls just need to focus on beating Gate City, so they would avoid Union in the first round of the district tournament.  Union is a dangerous first round opponent to whoever gets them.  Loser of that possibly misses the region.

On 2/2/2019 at 12:17 PM, GoBearsGo said:

I would think Grayson would be either the 2 or 3 from the SWD side. I’m not familiar with them but I read on another post I believe they are better than most in the SWD besides Graham of course. I suppose if Central loses 2 next week they could drop out. But there again I’m not clear on how seeding is affected by the district tourney. 

SWD seeding is based on power points since Grayson County is in their mix.  The M7 seeding is determined by the regular season champion gets the #1 region seeding.  #2 goes to district tournament champ or finalist if regular season champ also wins the tournament.  #3 is winner of the district tournament consolation and number 4 is the loser of the consolation.

If Abingdon gets to the semis, then the 4 seed goes to the highest regular season finisher of the first round district tournament losers.

56 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Right now, the Pack girls just need to focus on beating Gate City, so they would avoid Union in the first round of the district tournament.  Union is a dangerous first round opponent to whoever gets them.  Loser of that possibly misses the region.

I agree completely with the focus turned to  beating Gate City, especially after there big win this past weekend, but the PACK have faired well after losses so far this year hopefully the trend continues 

and as talented athletically as Union is, Corey Bostic is still in charge of them

+ 10 to the opposing team before it even tips