Region D Tournaments

pvfan

Anyone know the dates and where each tournament is being held? Furthermore, does anyone know the qualification process for each league? I've enclosed the M7's policy, this is accurate unless it was changed prior to the start of the season:

District Tournament  
1st Place 12 points
2nd Place 10 points
3rd Place 8 points
4th Place 4 points
5th Place 0 points
6th place 0 points
7th Place 0 points
Regular Season District Standings  
1st Place 16 points
2nd Place 12 points
3rd Place 9 points
4th Place 6 points
5th Place 3 points
6th place 2 points
7th Place 1 point

Who from the M7 is in the region tournament now? This new system has me all messed up!!!

First round games are at host school, then 2nd round is at Graham for Region 2D? Is that correct?

1 hour ago, #BBN said:

Who from the M7 is in the region tournament now? This new system has me all messed up!!!

First round games are at host school, then 2nd round is at Graham for Region 2D? Is that correct?

Boys:  Gate City, Union, Wise Central and John Battle are locked in after last night.  I'm assuming Abingdon will advance to the 3D tournament as well.

Girls:  Wise Central is locked, but Ridgeview, Gate City and Union are all pretty safe bets unless a monumental upset happens tonight in the Ridgeview/Battle or Abingdon/Lee games.  Abingdon is locked in Region 3D I believe.

How will Grayson factor into the SWD grouping?

Graham will be the 1 seed from SWD.

I'd assume winner of RHS/VHS will be the 2?

Would Grayson be the 3 and the loser of RHS/VHS be the 4 or would Grayson be the 4 or the 2?

Anyone know anything?

5 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Would Grayson be the 3 and the loser of RHS/VHS be the 4 or would Grayson be the 4 or the 2?

Anyone know anything?

Considering Grayson got knock out in the first district tournament game, is it possible that Grayson doesn't make it into the regions?

2 minutes ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Considering Grayson got knock out in the first district tournament game, is it possible that Grayson doesn't make it into the regions?

No idea. Are they better standing than Lebanon.

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

No idea. Are they better standing than Lebanon.

They're literally neck to neck from record to district standings. Lebanon isn't going beat Graham so Idk how it's going play out. Perfect scenario for a play-in game.

5 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Anyone know anything?

This has been a few weeks ago, but at that time Grayson would have been a 2 seed from what I heard from someone else, because of wins over Carroll County.  I have no idea where they are now or if they are even still in the picture.

8 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

According to the Bristol paper today, Lebanon, Graham and Richlands are all locked in to region in boys.  I have to assume that Virginia High is as well which means Grayson County is out?

So that means Richlands vs Virginia High is for a home game. That’s big. 

Depending on the seeding, I could see the same final four in Region D as last year.  GC, Graham, Wise and Union.  Central is so off and on though I wouldn't be surprised if they lost in the first round or made it to the final.  If I were to bet money though I'd pick Graham and GC.