Region D Tournaments

pvfan

Have seen three different tweets in the past hour for the girls with Marion @ Ridgeview, Graham @ Ridgeview, Tazewell @ Ridgeview... lol

Oh well, guess they give something official Sunday.

Did the SWD just seed based on tournament placing, or give more ro tournament placing than the M7?  Consistency not needed.  These formats are crazy different across the board.

55 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Do you think Fred would autograph it? 😂 On a final note, Cam Allen nearly outscored the entire Richlands team. 

He should write "You may as well crown Graham state Champions" and sign it.  He would have out-scored them if the subs hadn't went in in the 4th.  

22 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

He should write "You may as well crown Graham state Champions" and sign it.  He would have out-scored them if the subs hadn't went in in the 4th.  

Haha...The GMen will have to get by Radford before I'm willing to say that though. I'm not saying they can't but Region D is pretty weak this year with a couple exceptions, one of them being Graham. Radford is tough. 

35 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Haha...The GMen will have to get by Radford before I'm willing to say that though. I'm not saying they can't but Region D is pretty weak this year with a couple exceptions, one of them being Graham. Radford is tough. 

Radford would beat Graham by 25+. The only team from D that has any shot is GC. And I’d I take Radford -14.5 over the Devils. 

1 minute ago, Ryan4VT said:

Radford would beat Graham by 25+. The only team from D that has any shot is GC. And I’d I take Radford -14.5 over the Devils. 

I think that's debatable. Sure Radford would win but I think Graham could hold their own if they play well and is GC without Ervin that much better than Graham? 

57 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Oh absolutely, I was referring to a quote in the paper from last year when Fred said those very words, among some other nasty comments about Graham.   He was being sarchastic of course, in typical Fred Phillips fashion.  Radford is my favorite to win it all.  Graham has come along well this season, but Radford is legit for sure.

13 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Radford is the favorite by far.  Graham played earlier in the season and lost to Radford by 22.  Radford beat Princeton pretty handily earlier this season too.  Graham has been working on their half court game all season, only chance they would have is to slow it way down and execute very well.  

14 minutes ago, BBHoops_18 said:

I think that's debatable. Sure Radford would win but I think Graham could hold their own if they play well and is GC without Ervin that much better than Graham? 

GC without Ervin, is not that much better than Graham.  Should be a good one, if it comes down to it.  Couple of teams in the M7 that could knock both of them out, if they have an off night.   In the SWD however, it's Graham and then... well, it's just Graham, no offense to the other teams, but none of them have come close to beating Graham this season and after watching all of them play, I don't think any of them can come close to knocking Graham, GC or perhaps any of the M7 teams playing.

1 minute ago, Real Sasquatch said:

GC without Ervin, is not that much better than Graham.  Should be a good one, if it comes down to it.  Couple of teams in the M7 that could knock both of them out, if they have an off night.   In the SWD however, it's Graham and then... well, it's just Graham, no offense to the other teams, but none of them have come close to beating Graham this season and after watching all of them play, I don't think any of them can come close to knocking Graham, GC or perhaps any of the M7 teams playing.

Yeah, the SWD is pretty sad in basketball.

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

With Ervin out, I see it as a very good matchup.  I hope it comes down to those 2 again.  I would definitely go watch it.

With or without Ervin I still favor Graham. Even if GC did win it would be by barely. Seeing what Cam Allen has done on the field and now on the court just shows how impressive of an athlete that guy is.

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Oh absolutely, I was referring to a quote in the paper from last year when Fred said those very words, among some other nasty comments about Graham.   He was being sarchastic of course, in typical Fred Phillips fashion.  Radford is my favorite to win it all.  Graham has come along well this season, but Radford is legit for sure.

I recall that now. I hear Jody Fuller does a great job at Bluefield. One has to wonder how the "Dream Team" would have faired that year if Jody had still been the coach. Karma is the darnest thing sometimes. 

11 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

With Ervin out, I see it as a very good matchup.  I hope it comes down to those 2 again.  I would definitely go watch it.

Ervin is back. He was dressed and went through warmups vs Central. But they don’t need him yet so they kept him out to rest. But he’ll be back the moment they need him. 

Ervin will play from here on out for GC, Vermillion even hinted it post game to the media on the timeline for Ervin, Scotty said, “come to the games next week”. He looked really good in warmups, no brace or compression sleeves when warming up. His dunking ability looks better than it did during early season. Good thing we held him out as stupid wide open as WC played. 

13 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Radford only beat Graham by 22 when they played earlier this season...can I get that +25 on that game for $100?

Graham has lost to Bluefield Twice, Princeton Twice , Radford once and Oak Hill Red in double OT. (who they should have beaten, blew a double digit lead in the 4th quarter with poor foul shooting, given that Oak Hill stepped it up a notch in the 4th, however).  They played Bluefield close in the first contest.  Radford beat them convincingly, so did Bluefield and Princeton the 2nd time around.  They had a VERY good road win against PH Roanoke a couple of weeks back in which they put 4 quarters together against a very good team.  Meadows is coming along nicely and the G-Men seem to finally be learning Baker's half court sets, they struggled a LOT early in the season trying to run the half court offense.  It looks much smoother now.  Graham has improved a lot, but not enough to beat Radford, IMO.  Region D however,  it wouldn't surprise me to see them win the Region or be the runner up.

4 hours ago, GMan said:

Radford only beat Graham by 22 when they played earlier this season...can I get that +25 on that game for $100?

I will put no such money on a high school game lol. Especially when that could potentially knock me out if our anniversary trip this spring. 

3 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I will put no such money on a high school game lol. Especially when that could potentially knock me out if our anniversary trip this spring. 

I've watched Graham and Radford both multiple times and I agree with you Ryan...but honestly I wouldn't wager money either on it