Sign in to follow this  
#BBN

Union vs John Battle / Central vs Abingdon updates

Officiating makes all the games around here hard to watch. Looked like a football game the other night between Central and Union. A lot of fouls not called the other night! 

Good win by Union! With that win I assume they have control of the #2 seed. With Central losing to Abingdon tonight, where does this put them? I assume the #3 seed. Is John Battle and Central tied now or is John Battle the #4 seed?

11 hours ago, GoBearsGo said:

Union will be a lock at #2. Battle still plays GC tomorrow so assuming a big upset doesn’t happen I would expect Central to be #3 and Battle #4

Battle and Abingdon would be tied at 4 and decided on a coin toss as to who would host their first round tournament game.

2 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

In girls, it looks like Ridgeview/Gate City and Lee/Battle will both be decided by coin toss.  The Ridgeview/Gate City one is particularly important as the loser of that one will have to play Union in the first round of the district tournament.

I much rather see a 1 game playoff for the spot. 

11 minutes ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

I much rather see a 1 game playoff for the spot. 

For the 1 seed, most definitely, but I'm ok with the coin toss for all the other spots.  Apparently Ridgeview won the toss, so looks like y'all get Union in girls.  Lol.

GC has some good momentum right now.  If they can get a win tonight they'll go into the district tournament with a 4 game winning streak, which includes wins over Union, Abingdon and Ridgeview.  When will the first round be played, Tuesday?

Boys is Monday, Girls is Tuesday.

5 hours ago, Hokie101 said:

GC has some good momentum right now.  If they can get a win tonight they'll go into the district tournament with a 4 game winning streak, which includes wins over Union, Abingdon and Ridgeview.  When will the first round be played, Tuesday?