Semifinals at Wise Central on Thursday

• 1 Wise Central vs. 4 Gate City
  • 2 Abingdon vs. 3 Ridgeview

Finals at Wise Central on Saturday

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Boys 

First Round on Monday

• 1 Gate City (bye)
  • 4/5 John Battle vs. 4/5 Abingdon (not sure who won the coin toss and gets to host)
  • 2 Union vs. 7 Lee High
  • 3 Wise Central vs. 6 Ridgeview

Semifinals at Gate City on Wednesday

Finals at Gate City on Friday

Girls

First Round on Tuesday

• 1 Wise Central (bye)
  • 4 Gate City vs. 5 Union
  • 2 Abingdon vs. 7 Lee High
  • 3 Ridgeview vs. 6 John Battle

Semifinals at Wise Central on Thursday

Finals at Wise Central on Saturday

Hahaha Ridgeview and Central matching up again! May need to upgrade security for this one cause afterword's I see trouble coming.

1 hour ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Hahaha Ridgeview and Central matching up again! May need to upgrade security for this one cause afterword's I see trouble coming.

Man, I sure hope Central sits the starters one more time, so we can go to the Region D tournament for the first time. 🙂

Boys Bracket: Will Gate City play the winner of Abingdon/John Battle, and the inner of Union and Lee play the winner of Ridgeview and Central?

Are these two games being played Monday at 7pm?

I really can't complain too much last night since neither team was getting called for fouls, but it's a wonder some kids weren't hurt in the Ridgeview/Wise Central game last night.  I think maybe a total of five fouls were called the entire game last night until the final minute.  Even when Ridgeview was obviously trying to foul, the refs wouldn't blow the whistle until it was a borderline NBA Flagrant 1 call.  I would expect this from an eastern or northern Virginia crew.  Not a SWVA crew.  Wise Central especially was extremely rough, extremely physical and the officials just swallowed their whistles all night long.

The hilarious part was the posts from the RV fan bragging about beating Central in boys basketball (not like it's like beating the girls) twice and then losing to Central when it counted:). Shew man save for GC boys basketball in the M7:(

Union vs Central for the third time this year!!! Be a very exciting game, can the Warriors complete the sweep or will the Bears grind out a win.

John Battle vs Gate City, will Dean go for 50 again and March into the M7 championship or will Battle make a game out of it and keep it close?

Whats everyone’s thoughts on tonight’s games, and do these games help or hurt anyone for the Region D tournament?

4 hours ago, #BBN said:

Union vs Central for the third time this year!!! Be a very exciting game, can the Warriors complete the sweep or will the Bears grind out a win.

John Battle vs Gate City, will Dean go for 50 again and March into the M7 championship or will Battle make a game out of it and keep it close?

Whats everyone’s thoughts on tonight’s games, and do these games help or hurt anyone for the Region D tournament?

Central wins.  It definitely helps Central as they will get a 2 seed to the region and host a game.  Hurts Union as they drop to 3 seed and have to travel.

7 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Central wins.  It definitely helps Central as they will get a 2 seed to the region and host a game.  Hurts Union as they drop to 3 seed and have to travel.

I’m not sure that’s the case. I think by the points system posted in another thread, if Union finishes the tourney 3rd they will still be the 2 seed for region. 

1 minute ago, GoBearsGo said:

I’m not sure that’s the case. I think by the points system posted in another thread, if Union finishes the tourney 3rd they will still be the 2 seed for region. 

You may be right.  I was just going on what happened last year.  Union must have finished 4th in the tournament last year.

Makes sense though, more weight on the regular season.

5 minutes ago, GoBearsGo said:

Central just has Unions number this year. It’s almost a mental thing I think. It seems like Central overplays and Union underplays when they matchup. 

I guess they were due this year. Union has dominated the series

Next year with McCamis back, could be a very good year for the Warriors. You have McCamis, Hayes, Bishop, Lester, Trey Mullins,  Brody Allison, Lance Colley, all will be seniors, and you add Brickey in the mix as a junior, and I'm sure a few sophomores from the JV team.  All of the returning players have played good minutes this year, and I believe if McCamis comes back healthy it will give them a boost to possibly be favored in the M7 next year!

17 hours ago, Weatherman said:

17 hours ago, GoBearsGo said:

17 hours ago, Weatherman said:

You may be right.  I was just going on what happened last year.  Union must have finished 4th in the tournament last year.

Makes sense though, more weight on the regular season.

If the points system is correct, then this is the scenario:

Gate City is locked in at 1 and John Battle is locked in at 4 regardless of what happens Friday.

Wise Central is 2 with a win or a Union loss, Union is 2 with a win.

Its Graham and GC in the region title. This is a no brainier even after Erwin was hurt. Graham and GC were 20+ points better than the close 3rd and 4ths in the region last year.

Considering what Graham lost to graduation and what GC lost to graduation and Ervins injury, both teams are still a good 10+ points better than than the rest in region D even on this year.