Mountain 7 District Tournaments

swva_havok_fan

First off. I'm not from GC or Central. So I am not biased.... But the Central Students chanting "Bull**it" very loudly when calls don't go their way is a bit ridiculous. A few of the adults from Central are even standing up to ask them to stop. That has to be embarrassing for their fans.

Never ends with Central. Nobody in Wise has the guts to stop it. Embarrassing for the entire area, shame. I have the upmost respect for the other programs at the school. Boys basketball is just a mess and it will never end. I can only hope injuries are avoided for the kids involved. 

1 hour ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

Can’t wait for next Friday. McAnus and his stupid play got one of his own kids hurt tonight, carted off on a stretcher. That fool never learns.  But like always, his goal is go out and try to beat and bang and hurt GC players, they didn’t do it vs JSB the other night. And baby McAnus is just as bad as daddy McAnus. 

They did that to Union & Ridgeview. School Board needs to take action on him.

Everyone is fussing about McCamis at Central, and the sad thing is the people of Wise and Pound will not go and say nothing about it.  I am not from Wise or Pound, but I have seen many Central games this year and they have a really good chance to be a great ball team, but something is holding them back........and I'll leave it at that and let you all discuss what's holding them back......

25 minutes ago, Burrell’s Pearls said:

Never ends with Central. Nobody in Wise has the guts to stop it. Embarrassing for the entire area, shame. I have the upmost respect for the other programs at the school. Boys basketball is just a mess and it will never end. I can only hope injuries are avoided for the kids involved. 

The kids on the Central basketball team all are pretty good kids, I know most of them pretty good and have been watching them play since they were in elementary school, so don't let the actions of a COACH ruin it for the kids!

18 minutes ago, #BBN said:

The kids on the Central basketball team all are pretty good kids, I know most of them pretty good and have been watching them play since they were in elementary school, so don't let the actions of a COACH ruin it for the kids!

That's the truth. Kids do what coaches tell them to. You want this mess to stop,get rid of the coach. That will not happen in Wise though. Heck the football place carries his daddy's name. Folks up there would rather be loathed and or embarrassed than care about the reputation of the school or good kids. You would have thought changes would have come when they were no longer allowed anymore to play the team that should have been their biggest rival (Burton) It's really rather sad IMO. Please do not judge these kids by their coach. That would be like judging a class act like Robin Dotson by the redneck fans there (and there's rednecks everywhere,but EVERYBODY hates Central and that's not the case with other schools).

I've updated the scores in the district pairing threads and am currently updating the scores in the schedules threads at the top of board....

http://www.swvasports.com/ipb/index.php?/topic/37491-2018-19-sw-va-boys-basketball-schedulesscores/

http://www.swvasports.com/ipb/index.php?/topic/37490-2018-19-sw-va-girls-basketball-schedulesscores/

On 2/15/2019 at 8:51 PM, The U Bear said:

listening to the gc central game on the radio and the police is having to sit on centrals bench to contain there coaches. that bunch is terrible

On 2/15/2019 at 8:51 PM, The U Bear said:

listening to the gc central game on the radio and the police is having to sit on centrals bench to contain there coaches. that bunch is terrible

I was at the game and the athletic director Brent Roberts sat in front of me and said they were gonna sit on gate cities side but there was no where to sit . So him and the deputy sat down where the steps go up the bleachers. They werent sitting there for centrals coaches.

Edited by Aaronduncan

On 2/15/2019 at 10:11 PM, Leatherhead Larry said:

Can’t wait for next Friday. McAnus and his stupid play got one of his own kids hurt tonight, carted off on a stretcher. That fool never learns.  But like always, his goal is go out and try to beat and bang and hurt GC players, they didn’t do it vs JSB the other night. And baby McAnus is just as bad as daddy McAnus. 

First off his name is Mcamis! Not mcanus! Second he didn’t get his player hurt! His player was playing good defense on dean when he got elbowed to the temple twice by dean! And before you start calling a kid mcanus and not mcamis maybe put your real name! 

On 2/15/2019 at 10:11 PM, Leatherhead Larry said:

Extremely inappropriate to talk about a high school kid in such a manner, especially hiding behind a keyboard anonymously. 

On 2/15/2019 at 10:45 PM, Unchained said:

That's the truth. Kids do what coaches tell them to. You want this mess to stop,get rid of the coach. That will not happen in Wise though. Heck the football place carries his daddy's name. Folks up there would rather be loathed and or embarrassed than care about the reputation of the school or good kids. You would have thought changes would have come when they were no longer allowed anymore to play the team that should have been their biggest rival (Burton) It's really rather sad IMO. Please do not judge these kids by their coach. That would be like judging a class act like Robin Dotson by the redneck fans there (and there's rednecks everywhere,but EVERYBODY hates Central and that's not the case with other schools).

Unchained you have no idea about the football field! He didn’t want his name on it! He tried to do something for the kids of wise and pound since we were the only school that got screwed by perry on where the school went. Not one parent from neither town wanted it up there but Perry must have gotten a kick back from it with norton. So they built a school with no facilities! So in 5 10 15 years other kids that come up to central will be playing on that field that the people you are down grading! It’s not about the mcamis family to them it’s about every kid! So before you run your mouth about something you have no idea about you may want to do some fact checking! And the whole burton thing wasn’t a coach problem either! It was students (from both sides)and coalfield problem, not gonna go into detail about it. You are right about kids do what coaches ask them to do! But kids also take stuff into their own hands  and do what they want. They are kids!

14 hours ago, Aaronduncan said:

First off his name is Mcamis! Not mcanus! Second he didn’t get his player hurt! His player was playing good defense on dean when he got elbowed to the temple twice by dean! And before you start calling a kid mcanus and not mcamis maybe put your real name! 

Larry 👋🏻

7 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

lolololol

Why would anyone believe you? It's clear you are drinking the Kool-Aid. 

Feel free to ask anybody at the scores table like the one running the clock and their book keeper or ask Brent or the deputy yourself 

When you know  them personally and they asked not to name it after them to name after person that donated the money that he did it for the kids that are there and that are coming up from the middle schools and primary schools