Mountain 7 District Tournaments

swva_havok_fan

2 hours ago, Aaronduncan said:

That wasn’t the coaches fault! The kid responsible was delt with. And transferred to union. There isn’t one coach at central that would condone to hurt another kid and I would hope that would be the case for any coach! 

Not so fast my friend.........

What some people on this board may have forgotten is that BEFORE the game in question had even started, the Central coaches were talking to the team in the locker room. Part of their game plan was to "take Mac out" if he tried to dunk on them. I was at that game. Was told that information before the game started. Tensions were obviously high. Then............you saw what happened when Mac went up to shoot.

You are living in a fantasy world if you believe "that" coach's attitude/beliefs do not extend to his team.

Not sure the Central - GC relationship in basketball will ever get better as long as McAmis is on the bench. I also know our fan base.....we can be kind of.........uh.........fanatical at times.

Hate it for the Central kids. They have potential, but the coach dampens it.

It is not just GC that has issues with that particular Central team. It seems when that team gets down in a game, questionable tactics pop up. That deterioration of behavior is directly caused by the coaching staff. Hope Richlands does not get to experience it first hand.

I'm a Central Warriors supporter and probably will always be one. However, what went down on Friday night is a terrible look on the Mountain 7 as a whole. There was an offensive foul that did take place before the punch. Still doesn't excuse the punch though. If the two teams meet again on Friday it will be an electric atmosphere and some blood may be shed for sure.

Nothing happened with racist twitter accounts, nothing happened when McClung was intentionally fouled, nothing happened when Central was going to let anyone dressed in all white in free when Union had 3-4 black starters, nothing will happen now. 

Sick place, sick people I blame the communities for continuing to support these antics. Stand up, don’t be a lemming!

2 hours ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

Yeah let’s not sit here and act like Central and McAnus are all innocent. And look who starts the shovefest. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/aYMdzyh

Friday night, "Nothing easy. Put that guy in the mat whatever it takes. I dont care what you do. You give up an easy layup you will never play for me again." 

"Yes sir pops!"

Sunday morning, "And Jesus said, Love thy neighbor as thyself. For the greatest commandment is love." And all the halos come out shining bright. 

I really couldn't live with myself but when it's all about you it makes it a whole lot easier I guess. 

Take another look at TJ on this film. After not one but two of his guys blatantly and obviously shove Mac McClung into the mat, he is fussing to the refs about the clapping. 

2 hours ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

Yeah let’s not sit here and act like Central and McAnus are all innocent. And look who starts the shovefest. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/aYMdzyh

Seruously if any of the coaches I had in my life, Coach Ervin or Vermillion, had two guys on our team do this, they would not be fussing at the refs. They would be giving some tongue lashings to their players I promise you. But Pastor TJ is fussing to the refs over an intentional foul and Mac clapping because he survived.  Take a good look at him in this film clip.  It tells you all you need to know about him. He hasn't changed.  TJ dude if I survived being pushed into a wall and two of your guys couldn't hurt me on the same layup I would clap as well. 

Richlands better have security is all I have to say. Central is going to roll them by 20 right? Even Pastor TJ said so because you know "Graham is not going to be that easy", according to him when he plays the Blue Devils again. 

Richlands is in this tournament too. I'm sure they will not get run over or pushed into a mat and play dead. 

Yeah......you really just have to watch this video to see what the current state of the Central basketball program is all about. Do not see how you can watch this and argue, with a straight face, that the game plan was not to “take Mac out”. 

Video also shows why there is so much friction between GC and Central. 

27 minutes ago, Great City said:

Yeah......you really just have to watch this video to see what the current state of the Central basketball program is all about. Do not see how you can watch this and argue, with a straight face, that the game plan was not to “take Mac out”. 

Video also shows why there is so much friction between GC and Central. 

And who is to say that it wasn’t their plan vs Dean last Friday? They had a literal body on him from tip. Pushing, shoving, tripping, holding. Dean went to the line in what felt like 10 times before the end of the half. I’ve never seen Dean hit the floor that many times. 

Just watch out, if they beat Richlands (better Ryan?) they’ll be out to hurt Ervin and/or Dean. First time something questionable happens, the place will erupt. 

9 hours ago, Aaronduncan said:

That wasn’t the coaches fault! The kid responsible was delt with. And transferred to union. There isn’t one coach at central that would condone to hurt another kid and I would hope that would be the case for any coach! 

The kid in question was instructed too before the game. The team was told mac will not dunk on us tonite. Now take it with a grain of salt just know I dont have a dog in this race but the hate for 1 team and school in the M7 voted on by the others would be your Walmart warriors 

6 minutes ago, Exposeitall said:

Very unnecessary but I played for Scottie back in my hayday and I can assure you he would never tell us to purposely injure a player. What Dean did right there was of his own will and I can testify personally that Scottie would be disgusted if he saw this. This is unlike the time when we were at Wise going to the lockerroom at the half and McAmis tells one of his players "McClung doesn't get another dunk tonight you understand? Undercut him before you let him dunk on us again." 

37 minutes ago, goofoti32 said:

That’s a fine and a suspension in any league but the Mountain 7. 

You can't convince me that the referee standing there with a plain view of it didn't see it happen and just swallowed his whistle. Could of cost a kid to be seriously injured....

5 minutes ago, Squints said:

A half lol.  Probably will take 20 shots the second half to not hurt his average...that will surely teach him a lesson.

Not sure how any GC fan can watch this and still claim moral high ground on McAmis. Two sides of the same coin. 

14 minutes ago, goofoti32 said:

A half lol.  Probably will take 20 shots the second half to not hurt his average...that will surely teach him a lesson.

Not sure how any GC fan can watch this and still claim moral high ground on McAmis. Two sides of the same coin. 

There's a difference between a coach telling a player to do something and then a player getting mad and doing something out of his own frustration. I personally know most of the Wise players and all of em are cool dudes but they do what their coach tells em. Not to knock anyone personally but if Scotty was to tell one of his guys to injure one of their guys why would it be Lester? He averages at the most 8 pts a game why not target one of their best players like they did McClung. Also I can pretty much say with confidence Ervin will start tomorrow so Dean's field goal attempts will most likely drop a little bit. Definitely won't take "20 shots to not hurt his average" tomorrow lol.

10 hours ago, Squints said:

Reading this southwest Virgina Jerry springer nonsense and Trying to put together why in the world is going on so here is my opinion. Contradicting stories from one side! One says that happened in the locker room before the game, you say that happened at halftime. Did anybody hear the alleged statement? Was anyone there? How does the opposing team hear something in a locker room of their opponents? Wasn’t at either game but how do some of you know that the coach didn’t ask the player to throw an elbow? Or be rough to get them to back off? I’m gonna go out on a limb and say of course the coach isn’t going to say that because if he does admit to it he would probably get fired,sued,and wouldn’t be allowed to work in another school anywhere and they would be working at a fast food joint. If the player did do it at his own free will, why is it just a half game suspension? From what I hear the other player is out for the season. Why isn’t the other player out for the season? If it was intentional? Just trying to put a messed up puzzle together. Does it go back farther than what people think? Is everyones statement on this forum hear say, opinions, facts? If they are facts we all would like to see the evidence to back up these claims. Does anyone have any answers? They would be greatly appreciated for everyone involved 

1 hour ago, Exposeitall said:

Reading this southwest Virgina Jerry springer nonsense and Trying to put together why in the world is going on so here is my opinion. Contradicting stories from one side! One says that happened in the locker room before the game, you say that happened at halftime. Did anybody hear the alleged statement? Was anyone there? How does the opposing team hear something in a locker room of their opponents? Wasn’t at either game but how do some of you know that the coach didn’t ask the player to throw an elbow? Or be rough to get them to back off? I’m gonna go out on a limb and say of course the coach isn’t going to say that because if he does admit to it he would probably get fired,sued,and wouldn’t be allowed to work in another school anywhere and they would be working at a fast food joint. If the player did do it at his own free will, why is it just a half game suspension? From what I hear the other player is out for the season. Why isn’t the other player out for the season? If it was intentional? Just trying to put a messed up puzzle together. Does it go back farther than what people think? Is everyones statement on this forum hear say, opinions, facts? If they are facts we all would like to see the evidence to back up these claims. Does anyone have any answers? They would be greatly appreciated for everyone involved 

I think some of the confusion stems from different people talking about different GC-Central games. Long history of conflict between these two programs.

Not a chance Scotty asked Dean to throw an elbow. Very possible he said something along the lines of don't let them push you around, like I believe all coaches would do. Probably not a basketball coach in the state that would tell his/her team to let the other team push you around.

Central's game plan against GC has always been to be overly physical. Is not a bad plan if you are facing a better team. Try to get the other team out of rhythm, and get them to lose their cool. Central has just always taken it a little too far. (Believe that is a big reason Zac did not get any minutes the last game. Scotty did not want to take the chance of him getting hurt in a game that was essentially meaningless.) One of the problems with taking it too far is your team ends up in foul trouble, and GC shoots a lot of free throws. Not a good thing for the other team since we shoot over 70% as a team. Another problem is that you purposefully turn the game into a mauling. These are high school kids. If a team decides to use those tactics, there are going to be consequences/injuries. NOT excusing anyone's behavior. Just saying it is inevitable.

Officials have to take control of the GC-Central games early and not let them get out of hand. Unfortunately, that has not happened.

It really is not as complicated as a Springer show. Fairly simple. Central is 0-18 (I believe) all time against GC. The last few years their tactic has been to be overly physical. Multiple people saying one Central team was instructed to not let Mac dunk, and to "take him out". When those two teams take the floor, tensions are already high. High School kids are not exactly known for keeping their emotions in check. Add all of that up and you get some examples of not very pretty basketball.