Mountain 7 District Tournaments

swva_havok_fan

5 hours ago, Great City said:

Expoaeitall…………..I love it how you tell everyone to "put the past in the past", and then continue to type one of the longest posts in this board's history. Plus, you then talk about doing some investigation and make several calls. Not exactly leaving it in the past.

You appear to not want to give some posts on this board any validity because they contain things that were being told second hand, but pretty much everything you cite you were told is second hand. Classic.

"One person said it was said in the locker room before the game, which that can’t be believed because opposing teams don’t go in each other’s locker room"   Hey...…..I think that was me. Never said it was a GC team member in the locker room. Actually, don't think I ever said they person who said that about Wise was in the locker room. Believe I said it was overheard when Wise was in their locker room. Is your misquote of me an example of your objective investigation? Love it.

Also pretty cool how your "objective" investigation lists 4 negative things about GC. Fair and balanced...…...right?

How about you talk to some fans from Union and see what their thoughts are on the Central basketball team? Maybe check with some other teams also? Just maybe you will find out that there are other teams that have some issues with Central. 

Go to some games and make up you own mind. Until then you are just repeating things you were told, and incorporating your own spin. 

Back to the game...…...if GC plays like they did against Lebanon, we will lose by 15+. Hope both teams play their best, and it is a good, clean game. Safe travels to everyone making the trip.

Not all of it was second hand. I’m not sure if that was you that made the statment but it read, and I quote “there was some talk prior to this game being played that the coaches were talking in the locker room” the point I was trying to make was nobody from gate city has hard evidence that it was said or where the statement came from. the opposing team couldn’t have been in the same locker room to hear the statement. I’m just saying if the person who actually heard it would come forward that would hopefully ease everyone’s mind and move on. Until then it’s a complete fabrication. Well I didn’t see the need to post anything about other coaches. All that was ever said about other coaches was that they coach very dramatic and they argue with refs on calls that don’t go their way and there are a lot of post about that but nothing about gate cities coach, which was from first hand people that were at those games. I do with they would put it in the past and let bygones be bygones. A player from gate city got fouled intentionally and a player from wise got fouled “not called” and went to the hospital. Hate it for both teams that that happened. Just put it in the past. Good luck to both teams and be safe they are calling for a lot of rain down that way. 

14 hours ago, goofoti32 said:

No one added further intent to anything. In the first quarter (?!?) of a “very chippy game” GC’s star player threw an intentional elbow...not an accidental one...that resulted in a kid going to the hospital with a concussion.   The perpetrator was not ejected, not suspended by his coach, and there were no consequences. These are indisputable facts.

I suppose under your premise it would be “understandable” (but still wrong) if a kid from Wise put Dean in the hospital tomorrow as retribution.  After all, these are very chippy games we are talking about here. 

And before you misunderstand-these are kids we are talking about so I  wouldn’t want any injuries to occur ever. I’m just pointing out how fantastically ignorant it is to say that it is “understandable” when a kid hurts another kid intentionally and isn’t punished in any way. 

Jesus Christ you're impossible. I'm done. If you're too this simple minded or, as I suspect, willfully ignorant, there's no point continuing this. Yes, it's totally understandable that a HS kid let's his emotions get the best of him and do something he should not. It wasn't premeditated, it was a heat of the moment action that unfortunately injured someone. It is understandable and also wrong. JFC.