AA & A State Championships...

GMan

Congratulations to Grundy on another title. There are not many teams that can give you a butt whoopin like they do and leave you feeling good about it. The kids, coaches, and fans are a class act.

Congrats to Caleb and Justin Fritz from Graham. Very happy for both of them and their coach. Keith Carbaugh from Graham also had a good tournament finishing 4th.

Our end of the state was represented very well.

Congrats to Mason Polier for becoming Union's first ever state title winner,as well as the 2 young men from Abingdon,and a MASSIVE salute to Lebanon's Cole Stoots. FOUR state tites is such rare air-extremely impressive!

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have a link to which teams won the state titles and which teams were in the top 3 or 4 in Classes 1 through 3?  I see Grundy repeated.  Who was 2nd and 3rd in Class 1A?  Who won it in 2A and who was top 3?  Same for 3A as I see New Kent won it, but who was 3rd after Christiansburg finished 2nd?   I looked on the VHSL website and can't find anything. 

2 hours ago, barondawg77 said:

Poquoson 1st, Grayson 2nd, Lebanon 3rd in 2A.

New Kent 1st, Christiansburg 2nd, Brentsville District 3rd in 3A 

Abingdon 6th

Grayson will be very competitive on a state level coming down to Class 1 next year.  They only had 3 seniors on this team.  None of which competed in the regional or state tournament if I recall correctly. 

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

Grayson will be very competitive on a state level coming down to Class 1 next year.  They only had 3 seniors on this team.  None of which competed in the regional or state tournament if I recall correctly. 

Grayson also has one othe most underrated coaches in the area as well. Coach Coman has done very well in his short tenure so far. 

10 minutes ago, barondawg77 said:

Grayson also has one othe most underrated coaches in the area as well. Coach Coman has done very well in his short tenure so far. 

I don't know him personally but have heard some really good things.  Ironically, several current members of the Grayson wrestling team transferred from Galax when Coman was hired.  Two of them finished 4th in the state tournament. 

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

Allen Gregory @Greg_BHCSports

Four-time state champion wrestler Gabe Fiser from Grundy has decided to wrestle at Coe College, an NCAA Division III program in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

great state