Monday, Mar. 4
Semifinals
Landstown 64 Oscar Smith 60 2OT
Lake Braddock 78 South County 71

Wednesday, Mar. 6
Championship, at Siegel Center, VCU
Landstown 79 Lake Braddock 60

On 2/27/2019 at 8:51 AM, swva_havok_fan said:

A Cumberland team is NOT winning state.  Eastside may beat Auburn, but I think G Dub beats both Burton and Eastside.

you sure about that? lol

I think we see Radford def. ER in 2A, while the winner of JIB/Eastside upsets Surry for the title

Girls, PM wins 1A, Central wins 2A

On 3/1/2019 at 9:35 PM, BigWinners said:

you sure about that? lol

I think we see Radford def. ER in 2A, while the winner of JIB/Eastside upsets Surry for the title

Girls, PM wins 1A, Central wins 2A

Surry being upset for the state title? The chances are Zero. Surry and Rappahannock are far better then the west this year. Surry will be tested against Rappahannock, but they are about like Radford is to GC. Radford is expected to win by 8 or 10 points. But Surry is 15-20 points better than the two in the west. That game may actually be a margin of 20 plus points and anything under 18 points would surprise me. It's no offense to Burton or Eastside, but the west is kind of down this year and the east is not down at the 1A level this year. 

I posted about Surry earlier on here a while back and wrote they may be the second best team in 2A, if they played in 2A and that they could give Radford a game. That's true. Radford is 5-6 points better than Surry and Surry and East Rock would be a toss up. I'm familiar with Surry because I used to haul a tanker truck all through that area and still run through their every 2 months.  The coaches son is a 5'6 guard who is going to Virginia State..  He will likely play college baseball as he's also one of the top baseball players in Va. They have a junior who has interest from , Hampton & Norfolk State (Div 1) , but not offered yet), and a 6'6 senior power forward going to Christopher Newport (Div 3). The talent on the Surry team is remarkable for a 1A school.

8 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Surry being upset for the state title? The chances are Zero. Surry and Rappahannock are far better then the west this year. Surry will be tested against Rappahannock, but they are about like Radford is to GC. Radford is expected to win by 8 or 10 points. But Surry is 15-20 points better than the two in the west. That game may actually be a margin of 20 plus points and anything under 18 points would surprise me. It's no offense to Burton or Eastside, but the west is kind of down this year and the east is not down at the 1A level this year. 

I posted about Surry earlier on here a while back and wrote they may be the second best team in 2A, if they played in 2A and that they could give Radford a game. That's true. Radford is 5-6 points better than Surry and Surry and East Rock would be a toss up. I'm familiar with Surry because I used to haul a tanker truck all through that area and still run through their every 2 months.  The coaches son is a 5'6 guard who is going to Virginia State..  He will likely play college baseball as he's also one of the top baseball players in Va. They have a junior who has interest from , Hampton & Norfolk State (Div 1) , but not offered yet), and a 6'6 senior power forward going to Christopher Newport (Div 3). The talent on the Surry team is remarkable for a 1A school.

We will see. They didn't exactly blow Riverheads out, and both West teams have a knack for knocking off great teams. No one thought Burton could beat GW either